How safe is Penasco?

Roberto

Four or 5 days ago a person with serious mental health and addiction problems came to Penasco. This person is well know to many here. After stopping the prescribed medication and going on a 4 day out of control coke binge, the local police intervened and the person was jailed. Some of us intervened to help the family in the US. This person is now across the border and as I understand it in the care of a treatment facility.

What has this got to do with saftey in Penasco? During the last few days of the binge, this person's car was parked in the malecon, 24 hours a day, completely unlocked with luggage, bags, cooler and even some cash lying about in the interior. It was unmolested. After we found it we locked the doors. While searching for this person we became aware that everyone around the Malecon knew what was going on and seemed to be keeping a watch over them.

Another thing we learned is that there can be complete, responsive cooperation from both the US authorities and the Mexican authorities in a case like this. The family in Phoenix knew who to call and the problem was solved within 24 hours. We are going to find out who on the US side can be called in situations like this, good to know.

All in all a satisfying ending to a nightmare situation.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Rehab is for quitters!! I want my car back... and my hookers and blow!!! You guys had no right to lock me up!!! :puff:

(Seriously though, sounds like a good thing. Hope said person gets well. Addiction is a tough thing to deal with as a family; I know because we went through it with a daughter who is now recovered and living a healthy, happy life, married, and is raising our grandson.)

GV Jack

Snorin God
Stuart, Many of us have that experience. Grandson has finished up a year at Teen Challenge here in Tucson and is working there as an intern. What a turn around. We thank God for his on going recovery.

Where's that old thread where someone "claimed" that a friend had their vehicle's window broken, and a stereo stolen, right in front of one of the fish markets on the Malecon...and no one did anything to stop it???? Most of us jumped on that one....and rightly so! I recall ladyjeeper telling about how she parked her open jeep loaded to the roof with stuff, while she was in one of the malecon establishments, and nothing was stolen! I'm not saying to tempt fate....but.....

AZ ROB

Joe I will say that the wheel is rigged at the BooBar how else is it that the girls always get the free drinks? and the hot girls always have to dance?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Lol If you ever watch Alberto spin the wheel he casually fingers the back of the wheel when he needs it to stop. I thought it was weighted and then I realized I dont think anyone ever really watches the guy spinning it. Either way it needs to be rigged for maximum potential. Show the twins is my favorite OBVIOUSLY

Last edited:

AZ ROB

Lol If you ever watch Alberto spin the wheel he casually fingers the back of the wheel when he needs it to stop. I thought it was waited and then I realized I dont think anyone ever really watches the guy spinning it. Either way it needs to be rigged for maximum potential. Show the twins is my favorite OBVIOUSLY
Joe depends on who's twins are being shown...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
True! This guys name wasnt Charlie Sheen was it? Im kind of jealous that this guy got to have so much fun for 4 days while I was stuck here in phoenix with only a limited supply of drugs... dislike!