How to deter RV breakins.....

T

Tomcat

Hummm ? Perhaps a motion sensor inside triggering a siren that RV would freak out a thief out if its is loud enough and hidden out side for the whole world to hear. Problem is if it does not stop and reset it self the people in they park might axe your RV to get some sleep LOL
I was not going to post this, but....The big problem with the RV's is that you can open them up like a can. Cutting through the skin is easy and working the right tool , similar to an old fashioned lever action can opener, it's easy to peel back the skin and make a large hole. Not much to stop someone from there, you can punch right through the rest with your fist. No noise doing all that either. Dont know what you could do to prevent that, maybe a pit bull !

T

Tomcat

ooopsss idea but hope there is reset function or the honest folk all mite not care to help and look at your property yQUOTE=rockyptjoe;40360]How about some motion detectors for inside the trailer that set off the loudest damn siren you can find???? (Better have a timer to turn it off!!!) I'my not much of a fan of car alarms....most people ignore them now...but in a RV park....it should surely get some attention (and some pissed off neighbors)....[/QUOTE]

T

Tomcat

So far it seems to be bars on the windows and sky lights. Lower storage is hard to secure as most doors can be ripped open with a pry tool, tire iron or big screw driver. I have double key dead bolt for the door so no breaking a window and reaching in and turn the knob.

And if they get passed the bars some how, Then a motion sensor inside is triggered and a loud siren goes off !!! and they shit there pants trying to get back up and out the sky light in a panic LOL

Anymore ideas out there folks ?

Landshark

I bought and installed an alarm system in a home in RP. Had never done it before, but it was easy. Put in 2 motion detectors, interior & exterior sirens, and keypad to arm/disarm. It was a hardwired system due to masonry construction, but still quite simple. All functions are programmable, such as turning itself off & resetting itself if an alarm trip occurs. Works perfect, no false alarms in almost a year. Bought it online at http://www.homesecuritystore.com/

If they want to get in they will. I just hope they only destroy the door getting in. The rest is history and to be handled by the insurance people.
that is why I pay for it. I don't intend to worry over something that I can not control!!!

The long term solution in other countries that have this same pestilence is to set a trap for the sub- human varmints who have no respect for everything owned by another person. Ideally the trap would inflict some long term pain and he then crawled into public view and onto the front page of the local papers. These animals know most foreigners don't have their trusty .38's at hand, which only fuels their disrespect for everything they don't own.

If they want to get in they will. I just hope they only destroy the door getting in. The rest is history and to be handled by the insurance people.
that is why I pay for it. I don't intend to worry over something that I can not control!!!
Unfortunately, $500 to $1000 comes out of my pocket for a deductible! I consider that "real money" and not something to take lightly! Plus there is the nuisance having to deal with whatever breakage may have occurred.