How to Legally Bring $ for Property Purchase

Not ever.
Knew a girl who was carrying close to $30k, on the bus to Nogales. Bus was stopped for search and they must've read her body language, because her and another girl were body searched and cash discovered. She was in jail and few days, given probation, and money seized because she couldn't prove where where funds came from. If proven, she was told she could claim it, but still be prosecuted for not declaring.

Roberto

I sent a request asking about the time limits to cross multiple times with , say, $9,000.
Here is the frightening answer I got to my inquiry. They apparently have total discretion and can seize your money irrespective of the amount (s) involved !!

Regarding the requirement to report leaving or entering the US with $10,000 or m...
Discussion Thread
Response (PIO Nance)02/01/2013 05:31 PM
Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) INFO Center.

While there are no requirements to report monetary instruments less than $10,000, CBP Officers still have the discretion to react to structuring the money to evade reporting. This could result in a seizure.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP INFO Center.

Sincerely,

CBP INFO Center

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Here is the frightening answer I got to my inquiry. They apparently have total discretion and can seize your money irrespective of the amount (s) involved !!

You are forgetting that you are dealing with the gov. they make the rules as they go, it happens EVERYWHERE in the world!!!

garyd

"CBP Officers still have the discretion to react to structuring the money to evade reporting" What the he!! does that mean? 5 people carrying $2000 each?

Roberto

"CBP Officers still have the discretion to react to structuring the money to evade reporting" What the he!! does that mean? 5 people carrying $2000 each?
Annoyingly enough the banks actually NOW have similar discretion. I was just informed by Arizon Nation Bank that they want to close my account because the buyers of my house have been transfering money into my account, some using varius bill paying services through their banks or credit unions!!! Suspicious activity that ! NOW THAT'S A CRIME THAT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED! A large family is buying it together and each is sending money as they can over an agreed upon time period, so there have been a number of transfers of smaller amounts, $2,500 to $10,000. The bank decided this without asking me. The they told me 20 days to get the cash out and would have to check about withdrawls. What if I was selling stuff on E-Bay !! UNBELIEVABLE to me. When in business I had 3 accouonts that large sums routinely went into and out of with no problems. The bank was glad to have the business, now the manager at Ajo thinks she's on the case as inspector Clusoe. MY head is spinning !! I going to rent a car to go up tomorrow and will have to be real careful to be nice till this is resolved.

mis2810

Annoyingly enough the banks actually NOW have similar discretion. I was just informed by Arizon Nation Bank that they want to close my account because the buyers of my house have been transfering money into my account, some using varius bill paying services through their banks or credit unions!!! Suspicious activity that ! NOW THAT'S A CRIME THAT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED! A large family is buying it together and each is sending money as they can over an agreed upon time period, so there have been a number of transfers of smaller amounts, $2,500 to $10,000. The bank decided this without asking me. The they told me 20 days to get the cash out and would have to check about withdrawls. What if I was selling stuff on E-Bay !! UNBELIEVABLE to me. When in business I had 3 accouonts that large sums routinely went into and out of with no problems. The bank was glad to have the business, now the manager at Ajo thinks she's on the case as inspector Clusoe. MY head is spinning !! I going to rent a car to go up tomorrow and will have to be real careful to be nice till this is resolved.
Sorry to hear about your problem with the bank, you have every right to be mad. But, you don't need anymore problems on the way back from Ajo, so make sure you have more than one key in the ignition and do not drive with a Mexican!

Terry C

I'm sure Roberto isnt one of these people. But, you have a account in the US. Just something I found.
FATCA regulations are due to start going into effect this year. FATCA refers to a series of laws that are designed to crack down on wealthy US tax dodgers investing offshore – but it will effect every U.S. person (citizen, green card holder, etc.) living outside the United States.
FATCA came about as a result of the successful efforts in recent years by the IRS to identify and tax U.S. persons hiding money offshore. The IRS has been successful at accessing more than $4 billion in taxes and penalties as a result of these efforts and now it wants more. However, it is expensive for the IRS to pursue tax-avoiders outside the United States and so it came up with FATCA which, in essence, aims to turn non- U.S. financial institutions into whistle blowers and tax collectors. The foreign banks don’t have to worry about FATCA compliance if they just avoid anyone with any type of U.S. ties. it may become even more difficult for U.S. persons to open and hold non U.S. bank and investment accounts. This, along with the fact that many U.S. financial institutions are already shunning non-U.S. residents, is making it increasingly difficult for U.S. expats to manage their financial affairs.

Roberto

Going after the big corporations makes sense to me but is seems they skate and we stumble along since we are easier targets that cannot adequately protect ourselves. Maybe if I would run for POTUS they would leave me alone.

andrew

I think it's the best strategy that the they do not use banks for transactions in any deal.Change of property rights specially the intellectual property rights is not more difficult according to the law of the state.

patent attorneys

Last edited:

Roberto

I think it's the best strategy that the they do not use banks for transactions in any deal.Change of property rights specially the intellectual property rights is not more difficult according to the law of the state.
Sorry to tell you but apparently there are new real estate transfer reguations coming in Mexico, requiring the money be transfered through a Mexican bank.

^^^ this!
He doesn't have a bank account. And wants cash. Bank here wants 2% to wire, but they don't know how much, if any, fees the Mexican bank will charge. As stated by PLAYA, Mexicans don't want to pay any of these fees. Seems a lot, for me to pay both fees, when I've already paid taxes in the USA for this money.
No, I'm not "just bringing it across the border". I'm trying to figure out the best way.
It seems my language is deceiving you. I don't want to "cash", to be my only option. I'm willing to wire transfer, but who do I wire transfer to if there is no account? How do I go about doing that? Also, the paperwork is not completed-and just in case there are any issues that pop up, so how do I have access to this "money", not necessarily "cash", to pay him when the paperwork is completed?
This is easy. Deposit the money in your US checking account. Once in Penasco, go to Intercam in Plaza Fremont, across from the immigration office. They will cash the check for you and give you dollars. Leo is the manager. He's bilingual and very helpful. They charge a small commission...I think $9-$10.

mis2810

What if you have pesos in a Mexican bank account, but the owner of the property is a gringo and wants the $ in USD even though the property is in Mexico?

Roberto

All these hidden deals just get the new owner screwed
A lot of truth to that from my experience over the last years. Lots of stories of buyrs thinking they were screwing someone and getting screwed themselves. What you need to know to make a legal transaction has been pretty simple and straighforward but obfuscated by the controlling actors to make money. The new regulations to stop money laundering are now in play and do effect real estate transactions but in reality no one knows how yet. Things will be confusing for awhile until the notarios get up to speed and the regulations are fleshed out.