Hurricane a comin .

Roberto

Well Known Member
Heavy rain with flooding predicted. Stay out out of the arroys coming into and to Ajo and to CAborca. Who is up for a canoe ride down the Rio Soynoita ???

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Looks to be a wet one, for sure! Even here in Tempe, I did a little trenching for runoff yesterday. Have had the patio flood during heavy rain in the past. Penasco is usually a real mess in heavy rain from what I've seen in the past.

Keep us posted, Roberto!

Roberto

Well Known Member
I think it's coming fast. 8:30 or so today, Sunday, it was just a smudge on the horizon off to the SE. You had to really look to see it. At 9:30 it is a huge black cloud along the horizon. Swear I felt a drop or rain. Cloud cover now cumulus clouds, fairly windy. Sonoita will be flooded again for sure.

I would be canceling a visit for early in the week and packing to go home if I needed to leave soon.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Well the sun came out this afternoon here. Partly cloudy and windy. Cloud cover at this juncture. Looks stormy but no rain yet.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
The peak rainfall should start during the late afternoon today (Mon) predictions show another 1.5-2" throughout the evening.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Thunder and lightening at about midnight. Evidence of moderate rain during the night. No rain at 9 AM. Raining steady now at 10 AM. It it keeps up and or grows things will be WET.

mondone

Whitecaps
We had monster T-storms come in Playa Encanto about 1AM and initially the rain rate hit 1.75 in/hr. Didn't last but a few minutes and precip intensity calmed down quite a bit the rest of the night. Since sunrise we have experienced periodic showers and total rain so far is 0.19 in.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Keep us posted... trying for a last ditch effort turn and burn trip Wednesday night... Fish Thursday and leave Friday mid day. Any reports out of Cholla Bay? Recent CB erosion and water damage with a similar storm not too long ago if I'm remembering correctly.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Been raining all evening. Big, medium and small. Thunder and litenin. Any where there has been runoff damage in the past, unless renovated, will be a swamp I think. Be a few days for water to sink in.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
We, too, are currently (happily) socked in on the beach (Dorada), and can confirm that currently the beach road is impassable. Arrived Monday with the hope of timing into the forecasted short lull in the storm, and with the hope of finding the already-wet beach road still navigable. The washes on the Caborca Road were pretty dry -- but by now, certainly not. Our entry on the beach road was a controlled slide (4WD), as we passed marooned vehicles on the way. About an hour later, the rain returned, and continued all night. More is forecasted. For anyone thinking of visiting over the next number of days, the southeast beaches are out of reach. Also -- at Why on Monday -- a returning traveller claimed that Las Conchas was a mud bog.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I'm seeing MAJOR flooding in ROCKY POINT! Calle 13, Benito Juarez and other streets under 2 or 3 feet of water! SSSSHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

JimMcG

Well Known Member
We, too, are currently (happily) socked in on the beach (Dorada), and can confirm that currently the beach road is impassable. Arrived Monday with the hope of timing into the forecasted short lull in the storm, and with the hope of finding the already-wet beach road still navigable. The washes on the Caborca Road were pretty dry -- but by now, certainly not. Our entry on the beach road was a controlled slide (4WD), as we passed marooned vehicles on the way. About an hour later, the rain returned, and continued all night. More is forecasted. For anyone thinking of visiting over the next number of days, the southeast beaches are out of reach. Also -- at Why on Monday -- a returning traveller claimed that Las Conchas was a mud bog.
Seriously good advice even for people with off-road experience This road is solid caliche when dry and like grease when wet.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Does anyone have rainfall totals for RP? From the looks of things it had to be a lot.
Varied between 3.5 and 5" depending on the location. My local friend estimated 5" fell.
In his front yard it was 8-10" deep and was coming into his house, he lives 3/4 mile N. of Los Pinos hardware/lumber store.
Amazingly the dirt road going to the Reef and Cholla was repaired and drivable by 10AM today.