Hurricane Norbert may visit this weekend

azdiva

Well Known Member
Be aware a major hurricane is due this weekend. if no rain,could be high
surf and winds. If rainy major road could be flooded.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
According to Wunderground, PP may get brushed by the northern edge of the storm at 2 A.M. Sunday morning. Just a little rain and wind. Then again, it may not. Storms have a way of changing track. I wouldn't cancel my trip for this.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I saw that last night and it explains why Bouyweather is showing very gusty winds and high seas. I definitely won't be out on the water, but may still come down for the RCPM show Sat. night.

You never know with these storms. All that needs to happen is for it to take a slight turn north and it could be a real mess.

"Norbert" - sounds like a very nerd name for a storm. I can see it now - "And in today's news, Hurricane Dilbert is threatening to make landfall as a Category 4 storm..." Really, would anybody take a storm named "Dilbert" seriously? Same can be said of "Norbert." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
It looked to me like it was going to be a category 2 storm when it would pass over Rocky Point. I was looking on wunderweather or whatever it's called. I survived Eduardo in 1976 in the Villa Granada Bar. That was fun! I'll survive this one.

B

BeachMom

Stuart said:
I saw that last night and it explains why Bouyweather is showing very gusty winds and high seas. I definitely won't be out on the water, but may still come down for the RCPM show Sat. night.

You never know with these storms. All that needs to happen is for it to take a slight turn north and it could be a real mess.

"Norbert" - sounds like a very nerd name for a storm. I can see it now - "And in today's news, Hurricane Dilbert is threatening to make landfall as a Category 4 storm..." Really, would anybody take a storm named "Dilbert" seriously? Same can be said of "Norbert." :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll tell my dad (Norbert - good German name) that you said that Stuart. LOL :lol:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
It was hot Fri. and perfect the rest of the week. The waves were big and it was pretty windy all weekend. Hurricane Norberto turned out to be a lightning show Sat. early morning, about 4 to daybreak, pretty much southeast of Rocky Point. Slept with no covers Thursday and Friday night and had to drag the comforter out Sat. for the rest of the weekend. It was right chilly at night! I did NOT want to come home today! The new Smuggler's Cove is coming along but lots left to do yet.