I pulled the plug

Its kind of scary, but I pulled the plug, I am retireing On the 30th of Sept, I hope I get to enjoy the things that I like to do, like fishing, I plan to buy another boat come Feb and take some longer trips just looking for a new rock, I hope I can get to spend alot more time with my fishing friends, hope to see you there if the weather ever settles down

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Congratulations!

They say it is easy to get bored in retirement, but with a boat, a nice day, and the Sea of Cortez to explore, I just can't imagine...

Only 20 more years for me.... :)

Kelney

Probably not as scary as having someone hovering over you contemplating pulling the plug on you. I look forward to hearing more of your fishing adventures. Lot of us here look forward to being able to retire and do what you are planning. Congratulations!

jerry

Congradulations man! Down by Santo Tomas after WW2 a mysterious ex German U boat Junior Officer set up a fishing shack high up on a dune (still called German Point by old timers) and fished for 20 years.he'd tell people every day he was on the sea instead trapped in a leaking sub on the sea floor was a good day. Kenny had a huge fish on the line down their this summer...the one that got away!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yes, congrats! I've been trying to pull the plug for a couple of months. First Oct 1st, then Oct. 29th , now I think end of Nov. I can't get it all cleaned up and can't leave my mess for my colleagues and sup.....Argh.....

Yes, congrats! I've been trying to pull the plug for a couple of months. First Oct 1st, then Oct. 29th , now I think end of Nov. I can't get it all cleaned up and can't leave my mess for my colleagues and sup.....Argh.....
You'll do it and what fun you'll have. I retired, but keep taking on lots of things that I feel must be done here. I have to get more enlightened before I'll enjoy the Sea of Cortez.

jerry

for young people reading this thread it might not be a bad time to sell some stuff,blow up the credit card,find some like minded friends and move to RP and wait out the recession in beach bum style....why should old farts have all the fun?

AZ ROB

for young people reading this thread it might not be a bad time to sell some stuff,blow up the credit card,find some like minded friends and move to RP and wait out the recession in beach bum style....why should old farts have all the fun?
Were working on that Jerry

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Art - Congrats! I'm nowhere near pulling the plug, as much as I'd like to be. The nice thing is - you'll be able to sit it out and look for those days when the water is flat and you can go anywhere you please. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Only two more kids to finish collage & 500 more weekend trips to Rocky Point then I can fish during the week with flat seas. Leave some fish for us weekenders. Congrats