ICE Pendajos. Passport or not.

Roberto

Some ICE officials are continuing to hand out mis-information about the Passport issue. They just caused a lot of consternation and almost ruined Thanksgiving for one of my sons. Son Evan bought his ticket from Pa with my assurances that he did not need a passport, only an original birth certificate and Govt. issued picture ID. While fishing around on the great internet void he kept coming up with the info that a passport was required so he phoned the ICE office in LUkeville for reassurance and was told "there's no way in h--- you can re-enter with a birth certificate" so with only an hour to spare he cancelled his airline ticket (this was on Sunday) then phoned me on MOnday. I phoned the ICE office and got assurance that yes an original or certified copy of a birth certificate was adequate. With the good graces of the great Buddha he was able to get re-ticketed and will arrive here with his brother.My ex- the boys mother chose this special holiday years ago to announce that she was leaving the family and the three of us have spent the day together every year since, mostly camping in the Gila but now on the beach. This ICE hole almost ruined that.

Roberto....I feel for your son....and the grief he had to go thru.....and I'm not going to apologize for misinformation he may have received.....

BUT.....

How long has everyone known about the passport issue? We've gone thru starts and stops...postponements....etc., what...for 3 years???? So what is the problem with people and getting a passport or passport card....other than being cheap (sorry....frugal)????? :evil:

I also found the following information in one of the FAQs on the CPB.gob website (only took me about 5 minutes):

Q: What happens to persons who attempt to enter or re-enter the country without a passport or an alternative travel document?
A: For the general public, people who apply for entry but do not have appropriate documentation will likely be referred for secondary screening at the port. In secondary, Customs and Border Protection officers will evaluate evidence of citizenship or identity the individual may have and will verify all information against available databases. For foreign nationals, a determination will be made at that time whether to admit the individual. However, to prevent delay at the ports of entry, we would encourage all travelers to obtain the appropriate documents before they travel. In addition, the State Department has processes to assist U.S. citizens overseas to obtain emergency travel documentation for those with lost or stolen passports.

There have also been several posts on this Forum about people continuing to cross without a passport......

Last edited:

Roberto

Yeah, of course he should have a passport, but it's tough for a young guy putting himself through Penn State to come up with the cash. The point was, besides me crying, the lack of consistency in the information given. You'd think he was talking to Mexican officials !

Yeah, of course he should have a passport, but it's tough for a young guy putting himself through Penn State to come up with the cash. The point was, besides me crying, the lack of consistency in the information given. You'd think he was talking to Mexican officials !
Yeah...I'll give you that one Roberto....lack of consistency!!!\

You mean that good old dad can't come up with the $45 for the passport card.... :razz::razz:

Roberto

Yeah...I'll give you that one Roberto....lack of consistency!!!\

You mean that good old dad can't come up with the $45 for the passport card.... :razz::razz:
My kids are self sustaining and have told me how proud they are of themselves and actually thanked me for not providing for them and giving them the opportunity to do for themselves. They do get lots of emotional support and they learned to be self reliant at a very young age, so it's no hardship now.

azdiva

This is exactly why some 300+ american citizens appeared at the american
embassy in thailand after their unforgettable tsunami disaster. These
people only possessions were bathing suits or underwear and were told to fill out forms and no pens were available. Other countries were evacuating
their citizens on the next available flight. It wasn't till about 5 days later
that they realized they needed to evacuate americans.

MIRAMAR

We brought back our daughter from Penasco and she forgot her passport. We explained the situation and it wasn't a problem- although we got a little lecture. What are they going to do?

jerry

I never show those overpaid mall cops my passport if I'm traveling by myself.Company men like RP Joe are always ready to suck up to the boss but resisting unnecessary government intrusion in our lives is good for everyone in the long run.

I never show those overpaid mall cops my passport if I'm traveling by myself.Company men like RP Joe are always ready to suck up to the boss but resisting unnecessary government intrusion in our lives is good for everyone in the long run.
Jerry...what's with the name calling??????????:evil::eek:

jerry

Not name calling in these days. It just seems you always take the side of john law.
If they wanted to put a gps locator in your butt you'd be on the waiting list for the one with all the bells and whistles.

Not name calling in these days. It just seems you always take the side of john law.
If they wanted to put a gps locator in your butt you'd be on the waiting list for the one with all the bells and whistles.
I don't know what your problem is Jerry....you don't know squat about me...but seem to be trying to pick a fight. Are you missing Grim???

Have a nice Thanksgiving!!!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Now now, children. That will be enough of that. Jerry? You need a break from the forums again? Do not let "liberal" start creeping into your posts and there's really no reason to be calling anybody out.

Happy Thanksgiving!

jerry

Sorry Joe I'm sure you didn't mean it but just as you played the devils advocate with the Sisters and the theft of their Las Conchas house I thought you were second guessing Bob at a time you thought you could get a rise out of him...if that wasn't your intent I am very sorry.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Sorry Joe I'm sure you didn't mean it but just as you played the devils advocate with the Sisters and the theft of their Las Conchas house I thought you were second guessing Bob at a time you thought you could get a rise out of him...if that wasn't your intent I am very sorry.
I agree we all need to question things that don't quite add up, but let's at least let the person know what we are doing. We can play the devil's advocate, and we should...let's don't get personal while doing it.:bunny:

Jerry...I think Roberto is a big boy and can take care of himself...and if you read his response, it didn't appear that he took offense....maybe I'm wrong???

I took his post as a venting/frustration of the system and misinformation we can get from various government agencies. We all need to vent sometimes...I have no problem with that....

Are you talking about Border Patrol?

jerry

Are you talking about Border Patrol?
yep...the border patrol is a joke.Overpaid,lack of local knowledge outsiders that are too fat to catch me running for the border let alone the skilled families that control the border crossing trade. If they hired locals along the border rather than a bunch of disrespectful, non spanish speakers they might have more success. As soon as they get any local knowledge they are transfered out down by my place and a new kid straight out of Wisconsin via Iraq is hitting his high beams blinding me just for the hell of it as I head to work in the morning.