I'm Back and a Few Things That I've Noticed

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Haven't added my two cents in a while. I guess Eric and Mike Head in the Sand won. Only momentarily though because I'm back. I was in town during Labor Day Weekend. Did some hanging out with a little kayak fishing in Cholla Bay. Definitely not the NIGHT crowd that you'd expect for a Labor Day Weekend. Saturday night Elixir ended up being the high light but that isn't a diss to Elixir, that place always rocks on a Saturday night. Shout out to Coco the owner, just another amazingly hospitable person in Rocky Point. One thing that is starting to bother me and this is mainly why I created this thread is the lack of traffic police in the Malecon. It is nearly impossible to get anywhere near the Malecon now in a timely fashion on Friday and Saturday nights. Furthermore, the alienation of handicap people with accessibility needs is overwhelming. I can't get anywhere near the Boo Bar unless I want to wait 40 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic and even then obviously there aren't any parking spaces. There are people that can not walk the 4 blocks over from wherever they are finding a spot and I would like to be a voice for these people. It is absolutely ridiculous that the free market in the Malecon can be disturbed by 17 year olds that wish to spend no money only to keep circling the STRIP. It was become the new Mirador or even better that parking lot to the north of PDS. Both of those locations for locals are now seemingly uncool and non-existent so now the new cool thing is to cruise the Malecon strip creating the worst traffic nightmare in known times resulting in at least one person getting extremely disgruntled. Possibly one step away from becoming HAPPY.
In addition, I frequently stay at La Roca. It is now very difficult to even get close to the hotel in a timely fashion let alone if at all. My only request is that they implement traffic enforcement similar to MILL AVE or any other main strip anywhere. You cruise by more than twice and you're getting a ticket. How about making the traffic keep moving?????? I have money to spend and every trip that I take now gets increasingly more difficult for me to enjoy the Rocky Point that I have known and loved for almost 17 years.

#CHOLLABAY4LIFE

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
It's what they do on Sat. night, Joe -- cruise and booze. Calle 13 certainly isn't any better and surprisingly enough, even the Mirador gets a fair amount of drive-thru on Sat. night. Last trip we stayed at a condo near Elixir and the boom-boom of that place coupled with boom-boom of the cars rolling by, well, it's good thing they use lots of concrete in their construction! :D I don't even bother with the Malecon on busy weekends. Fuggidaboudit, it's nearly impossible. I go the other way, down to Bryan's for a good meal and no wait or traffic. Or sometimes, just walk over to Capone's. There are alternatives, for sure.

Good to see you back!

Estella

My only request is that they implement traffic enforcement similar to MILL AVE or any other main strip anywhere
They did try that, depends on a year. Sometimes they do control the traffic to Malecon or mirador or esplanada. Thing with the locals is the same thing that was in USA back in 50s
you get a car and you get your friends and you cruise the strip, the more packed the traffic the more ambient there is. It is a small town and all cops know the big shots there so if some cop is redirecting traffic away from the strip then they protest and cop simply has to let them trough, you don't want to make enemies in small town.

10 years ago it was the same along the Mirador, trying to get to Manny's or the Pink Caddy was an adventure.
A traffic nightmare at best.
The last time I went to the Malecon, last Memorial Day, I arrived at 6PM and still had to park
8 blocks away, we just walked down to see that traffic mess, but the Beach Bum's live music and cold
Pacifico's made it all better.
It's just that the Malecon is the new hot place to be. Maybe the police could steer some of it back to the Mirador
and help out the places still open there.:)