Info on Texas gulf fishing

rplarry

Understand ,I guess the big picture evades me.It just seems strange to invite a group that pretty much hates mexicans to join a forum filled with people that love the Mexico people and own homes in Mexico.
Classic Gerald lib-tard hypocrisy.

Stuart, this guy is unbelievable. A few guys from Texas discuss fishing, and Gerald takes it upon himself to say that you INVITED A GROUP THAT PRETTY MUCH HATES MEXICANS.

Lib-tard Gerald has to always broad brush-stroke an entire group of people/an entire state that HATES MEXICANS (as Gerald puts it) to make a point. Seriously ?

Gerald has changed subjects and hi-jacked more threads than the entire member forum combined.

Gerald will hi-jack and entire Rocky Point thread to talk about smoking pot on one of his European escapades, but when someone else brings up fishing from Texas... all hell breaks loose.

Been quiet , but nice without you Gerald.

Can't wait to hear from all the Gerald lovers who will now defend his obnoxious and insulting commentary...

Who's first ?

jerry

They hate everybody, including themselves and each other. Maybe you hadn't noticed? :shrug:
The "Big Picture" is really pretty simple, Jerry. Nothing has changed up here in the Main forums. Several of them actually LIKE Mexico and many are fisherman that would like to know more about it, as well as other places to fish. I have yet to see any examples of the "deplorables" (if you will) disrupt, hate, or otherwise try to abuse anyone here in the main forums. If that happens, it's off to Banned Camp and they are well aware of that. However, I am surprised at the vitriol spit at the few that have posted perfectly innocent questions about fishing up here, regardless of where the fishing takes place. Tolerance is a two way street, no?

This forum neared death during 2016. You could go weeks and not see a new post -- on anything, fishing or otherwise. Many reasons for that, but the primary one being so many have migrated to usergroups on Facebook, where one can post selfies, what they are having for dinner, good news, bad news, argue, get recommendations -- all pretty much in real time. Hit counts here fell to pretty much nothing, like an end of August weekend in Penasco. Ugh!

I made a "joke" post in Rants in August. It was the 1st post in that forum in over 6 months. I offered Rants and Raves as a place for these folks, from several other boating/fishing forums, as a place where they can be idiots without heavy-handed censorship or constant smack in the face moderation over politics, race, religion, whatever. Rants has always been there; it's always been open to whatever the hell anybody wanted to say. And the basic policy around Rants has always been 'If you can't take the heat, don't jump in the fire.' Nothing new there. The only thing "new" is that some people are actually using that forum again.

If you are bothered by the nonsense that goes on there, please ignore it. It certainly is not seeking you out. :gofish"
Ok

jerry

Classic Gerald lib-tard hypocrisy.

Stuart, this guy is unbelievable. A few guys from Texas discuss fishing, and Gerald takes it upon himself to say that you INVITED A GROUP THAT PRETTY MUCH HATES MEXICANS.

Lib-tard Gerald has to always broad brush-stroke an entire group of people/an entire state that HATES MEXICANS (as Gerald puts it) to make a point. Seriously ?

Gerald has changed subjects and hi-jacked more threads than the entire member forum combined.

Gerald will hi-jack and entire Rocky Point thread to talk about smoking pot on one of his European escapades, but when someone else brings up fishing from Texas... all hell breaks loose.

Been quiet , but nice without you Gerald.

Can't wait to hear from all the Gerald lovers who will now defend his obnoxious and insulting commentary...

Who's first ?
. Well hello Larry! I think the forum will become a interesting place again soon...If the Black Swan event that is Trump really does start deporting 10 times the Mexican workers that Obama's has ( a record clip sadly) Puerto Penasco may become a sort of high end refugee city.We don't know how this will play out but it could wear out our welcome and send us running for the border ( worse case) or be actual boost to the economy...may you live in interesting times Larry!

Last edited: