Insurance... What do I need to be legal?

mikef

I am heading down tomorrow from Califronia into Arizona and then down across the border. As far as insurance I want to be legal. I have AAA here in the states. I am not worried about my car being covered in Mexico but I want to be legal when I cross over the border. Will they check me at the border and what do I need to be legal? Is my AAA insurance legal there or do I need additional insurance. Again not worried about covering my vehcile but I want to be legal. Thanks guys.

I am heading down tomorrow from Califronia into Arizona and then down across the border. As far as insurance I want to be legal. I have AAA here in the states. I am not worried about my car being covered in Mexico but I want to be legal when I cross over the border. Will they check me at the border and what do I need to be legal? Is my AAA insurance legal there or do I need additional insurance. Again not worried about covering my vehcile but I want to be legal. Thanks guys.
You must buy Mexican liability insurance. It's very inexpensive to buy just for the number of days you'll be in Mexico. You can call my office in Rocky Point by using our US number 602.773.1031 or you can go to our website and purchase your policy online at www.proalliance.com.mx Have a good trip!

mikef

Will they actually check me at the border or chck point or only if I am in an accident?

I will definately call Rosie for insurance after I figure out what I really need.

If you plan on more then one or two visits, you'd be better off with a driver's license policy (or whatever it's called)....which covers you liability wise in any vehicle that you drive. A full year will run you somewhere around $100. I know a regular daily liability policy is cheap, but with the additional "policy" charges, a yearly policy should pay for itself in a couple of visits.

mikef

I just ordered my insurance from Rosie at Proalliance.com. I was reding on here that she gives out her cell number and she is located in Puerto Penasco. If you are involved in an accident she will come and help you out..... To me that is priceless. It made it an easy choice.

Thank you, Mike! You are appreciated. Have yourself a wonderful time and if you hit a snag (of any sort) don't hesitate to call. Locally: 638.386.9081 If your cell won't dial a Mexican number, any local barkeep, cop or business person will reach me for you.

mis2810

I can personally vouch for the fact that Rosy is literally "on call" for whatever. Thankfully, it wasn't accident related, but I actually had to call her twice in one weekend during my trip down in the beginning of October. She was so helpful, with info, and moral support! I wouldn't buy insurance from anyone else.