Is it just me or what?

Bob Oso

What am I doing wrong. I wirte a couple paragraph response, click submit, then get a message that I can't perform this action, and need refresh and log on again.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
All seems to be working okay... you do need to be logged in to respond to postings. I believe you can set how long you want to stay logged in. If you've been poking about just reading for awhile, then go to post, it is possible that you've been logged off.

As Roberto mentioned, the "navel" - There is a green light that appears next to your user name (and other user names) when you or that person is actually logged onto the forum. If the light is gray, the user is not currently logged on.

Bob Oso

Thanks Stuart, I thought the navel thing was an inside joke or something. Thing is, the green light is on, and the welcome box has my name posted, yet I'll still get bounced. How do I set my log on time?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
My bad - another forum I belong to has the option to set how long you stay logged in, not this one.

However, when you go to log in, click the checkbox next to your User Name that says "Remember Me". A cookie will be saved on your computer and each time you come to the forum, you will automatically be logged in and ready to post. If you click "Logout" or unclick the checkbox, you will have to log in again next time you come to this forum.

Hope this helps!

Roberto

My bad - another forum I belong to has the option to set how long you stay logged in, not this one.

However, when you go to log in, click the checkbox next to your User Name that says "Remember Me". A cookie will be saved on your computer and each time you come to the forum, you will automatically be logged in and ready to post. If you click "Logout" or unclick the checkbox, you will have to log in again next time you come to this forum.

Hope this helps!
Hmmm, given Tyler's love of pie I would think you should save a slice rather than a cookie:lol::lol:

Sorry, the medication is not working today, Where's that helmet !!