Isla Del La Guardia, Lobos trip

Made to Isla De La Guardia Thuirsday, took us about 4 hours to get there, good head sea all the way, once there we started trolling for yellowtail, I hoked one right away only it weighed about 3 lbs, shook her loose and then Mike caught one same weight turned her loose, that was the whole story for the entire trip Friday we started trolling at 5:30 al the way to 7:00 P.M caught a few bonitas, Sat we decided to cross over to Lobos about 67 miles, we did not have any waypoints but did find a good rock about 3 miles from shore, I hooked up with a very nice red snapper but it came loose after a few minutes, mike caught one in the 16 lb range, all in all we caught 3 red snappers, by then the sea were starting to build so we decided to head for Rocky Point 78 miles away, like the saying goes there is never a bad time on the water, we went on Mikes boat a 28' pursuit had a great time

Attachments

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Those are some nice Reds! Sorry the big fish didn't come out to play...

Boy, it can be frustrating when the weather is good, the seas are calm, and the fish still refuse to cooperate...

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
That's good info, Art. I'm planning to take my two boys and head down to Lobos on the 19th. We're going to go down by boat, fish and spend the night, fish the next day, then head back up to Rocky Point. Was curious how the water was looking - any signs of sargasso patches? Blue or green water? See any jumping billfish around? I was thinking of putting on the outriggers and doing some slow trolling in the area as well as bottom fishing.

dmcauley

Willy and I might beat you down there. With a good tailwind behind the boat (and the chevy diesel) we should make good time, If the water is smooth enough maybe we'll boat on down.
Good looking fish Art.

we did see some dorado about 10 miles out from Lobos, lots of whales, and when you could see the water it was clear, water temp at Lobos was 76