Islas Del Mar/Isla Conchilla Real Estate

soontoretire

Hello... I am new to this forum and I am hoping for constructive feedback on the Islas Del Mar development, specifically the homes that are being constructed beachfront. Does anyone have any experience with this development and the builder?

Thanks in advance.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I am not real familiar with that development but follow the basic advice. do not buy anything that is not 100% completed, Otherwise you are buying a paper promise that has little legal backing to fulfill. Be sure that the sale is executed by a Notorio and you should visit with that person. Pass money directly to the seller for sales price and pay all other fees directly, not to an agent.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I recall this development now. To their credit they have maintained the golf course. Friends play there and say it is nice.

Are they still planning on pumping water to fill those lagoons? Take a good look at this drone video. Note the lagoons get green at the terminus of the lagoon. Hard to really flush them out with clean water. You can see outflow on one shot of the drone from a lagoon into the beach.

I would not focus on the quality of the homes as much as the overall area. What happens when inevitably those pumps fail?

This is a very ambitious development. What happens if the development stalls unfinished?? At build out the owner fees should maintain the lagoons but who pays until that income is sufficient to maintain?? You could end up with a home on a big sandy trench !!

Take a good look at the beach there especially at low tide. It is on the estuary and I think it drains a lot when the tide is out. I would go over to Cholla Bay and view the development at low tide as well. When the tide goes out there it is a big mud flat between cholla and this development..

Drone video here.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Shark, yes how true. I was on the old forum before I moved here and garnered a lot of useful information. I try to payback a little here now for all the help I got in the past, Facebook is a poor substitute. we do not have the flashy graphics but we do not need them !!!

wildtoucan

Well Known Member
We had a house built out here and researched the development thoroughly.The lagoons have both an entrance and exit and are flushed and exchanged with every tide. There is no pumps. The development has the rights to its own water well, so we do not run out of water. Utilities are all USA standards and our roads are all paved. The lots are almost sold out and the condos, costa divina, first phase, are being completed for feb, I believe. We absolutely love it out here. The golf course is pristine and we enjoy the clubhouse restaurant, the Crane. Is a beautiful, peaceful setting here and is a great active lifestyle with water activities,golf, walking, running and biking.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Rocket ship. Currently about 20 single family homes under actual construction in the Isla Conchilla neighborhood. Another 24 or so occupied. I’m aware of specific plans to start work on another 20 (I know the lot owners or builders). Eagle Village 31 townhomes is half or more sold and a number of units look close to being complete with some common area improvements still in progress. Costa Divina, which was shut down for the better part of year, is crawling toward completion of phase 1 (ca 42 condos and townhomes). Several have been sold. Ca. 28 lots on the lagoon went on sale a few weeks ago and sold out immediately. Another section (G2) with a couple dozen lots is in presale negotiations.

mattlago

We are just moving in to Isla Conchilla as our house is now completed. I couldn't be happier with the location and the appearance. The staff does a very good job with upkeep it seems. Even with all the construction (and there is a ton!) they run a sweeper and keep the place great. Soon that won't even be a concern.

What I have been most impressed with so far is how nice every single one of the residents I have met are. On our second night we got a knock on the door and were invited over to a gathering. Just all amazing people from all over the world.

I heard there are two oceanfront lots being resold but I dont know if that's accurate. I also have better internet than I do in the states.

mattlago

Posted a vid of me screwing around with my drone. You can see how much construction has been done and now going on. I think I counted 13 lots under construction right now. I posted on YouTube under "Isla Conchilla June 2022"

Old55

Well Known Member
Posted a vid of me screwing around with my drone. You can see how much construction has been done and now going on. I think I counted 13 lots under construction right now. I posted on YouTube under "Isla Conchilla June 2022"

That is awesome…I liked the spin! Some what are your monthly fees? I like the fact the road is paved.but sand will be a bitch.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member

That’s me driving the Can Am past you near the end.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Anyone actually go into the water there?

That type of backwater mud known as "fango" throughout most of tropical Latin America usually supports Mangroves. For the most part this area of the Gulf is way too hot to the point that the black exposed mud is scalding hot in the sun at low tide and kills off the drifting Mangrove seeds. I see them washed up on the local PP beaches but they can never take root.

There are few if any inter-tidal animals there around Laguna Shores and northward around Adair Bay for the same reason. When the tide is up the water is at most a few feet deep, hot as hell and you still must deal with the knee deep black stinking mud. Even Fiddler Crabs cant make a living there because the microscopic inter-tidal marine algae that they feed on is fried and bleached dead by the sun.

There are a few spots where the long dead Auger Snail shells used to pile up but most have been hauled away by the Cholla Bay gang that used them for yard art. As for a living Auger Snail, I have never seen one. There are still a few good piles of them below the cliffs at Punta Coyote.

JJ

Old55

Well Known Member
So I guess the sales force wont soon be welcoming their new team member JJ. But in reality much of the open sea Sonoran coast is pretty boring compared to farther south….that muck is great for anti aging mud baths

Last edited:

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
The sulfer dioxide gas "heavy, colorless and suffocating" percolating from that hot black muck is the dominate feature of that coastline. Very similar to the beach at Bahia San Jorge where the cult had their HQ. Years ago I rescued two of the young boys with their three wheeler mired up over the wheels a half mile out in that stinking goop. They were thankful but scared shitless of the punishment that would most certainly be laid on them when they returned to the compound later that day.

JJ

Old55

Well Known Member
The sulfer dioxide gas "heavy, colorless and suffocating" percolating from that hot black muck is the dominate feature of that coastline. Very similar to the beach at Bahia San Jorge where the cult had their HQ. Years ago I rescued two of the young boys with their three wheeler mired up over the wheels a half mile out in that stinking goop. They were thankful but scared shitless of the punishment that would most certainly be laid on them when they returned to the compound later that day.

JJ
That groups leaders are now facing prison in the states I believe….

Belinda S

Omgosh! My sister and I and two of our friends got our 3-wheelers stuck in that muck one time. We got one free and had to go get my dad to get the others. That stuff is nasty lol

Physicsdog

New to this forum. My wife is interested in the modern homes and condo pictures etc. coming down for our first visit mid April. Have a one bedroom AirBnB reserved three nights. in your considered opin, are there any similar beach front areas with homes or condos like these elsewhere in PP? Do they do the real estate 6% method here where a buyers agent gets three and the seller agent gets three. I have never bought real estate in Mexico or any foreign country before. ANY SUGGESTIONS would be greatly appreciated.

dog

Old55

Well Known Member
New to this forum. My wife is interested in the modern homes and condo pictures etc. coming down for our first visit mid April. Have a one bedroom AirBnB reserved three nights. in your considered opin, are there any similar beach front areas with homes or condos like these elsewhere in PP? Do they do the real estate 6% method here where a buyers agent gets three and the seller agent gets three. I have never bought real estate in Mexico or any foreign country before. ANY SUGGESTIONS would be greatly appreciated.

dog
Pretty much but lots of sellers first post a sign before getting an agent.In those deals you should get by with 3% if you find it yourself and want the assurance all is done by the book. So drive around!