It's dead here.

Roberto

That's right Tyler, and it's worse over in the barrios. I know one family, 5 children two adults, living in a pile of boards, no electricity, no water, no nada. Its tragic. We're back thinking about opening a soup kitchen somewhere.

Last edited:
This week is usually an indicator for PP/RP tourist economy. Many schools are out on break this coming week and the weather is always great. If this week and next week are slow, it is my belief things will be slow at best. Could be that the families are either at the beach houses or condos. With the 9.?% reported unemployment (I suspect closer to 18%), things are plenty bleak up here. It is sad to see the empty strip malls, and foreclosed homes. When the economy is going north, the trickle down is a fine concept. When the economy goes south, it pours down to flood of dispair. Just an observation.

playaperro

El Pirata
I fix computers, build websites, and work part time at a hotel here in Rocky Point.

Well I'd like to buy you a beer for sweeping the floors with Kenny:grin:. I have a bad reputation on the forum. I only go to the TD catinas. Is that OK.

Playa

Jim

Grim, I need to talk to you about computer stuff and fixing up our website. I'll be at the beach all day tomorrow but maybe on Monday we can get together.

Jim

Oh, back to the original topic. It is slow right now. I just got home from the bar and I checked out a few others on the way to see what was happening. Pretty slow all over. I hope it picks up soon. I so hate borrowing from my kids college fund ;)

G

Grim17

Grim, I need to talk to you about computer stuff and fixing up our website. I'll be at the beach all day tomorrow but maybe on Monday we can get together.
Just pm me your info, and we will get together.

I took my dog for a walk on the Malecon and through the shrimp markets this morning and business was very slow... I did hear a lot of the locals asking... "Hey, who's that guy with Boo?"

dmcauley

JJ's was hopping and there were a lot of Cholla homes occupied for the 1 club open but the rest of the town was dead as is usual as of late. They are really feeling the bite down there and need all the help they can get.