It's Lookin' Like a Good Weekend for RP!

mis2810

Just got a call from a friend on his way down. He's sitting at the border waiting to cross - says there's at least 40 cars in front of him!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Just got a call from a friend on his way down. He's sitting at the border waiting to cross - says there's at least 40 cars in front of him!
That's awesome because the next two weekends promise to be goo too. Biannual Las Palomas Volleyball Tourney next weekend of the 7th and then the following week Roger Clyne Jam at Wrecked. Good fishing in OCTOBER means Ill be down TWO weekends in a row!!!!!!!!!! LOVE ME SOME PENASCO IN OCTOBER!!!!!!!!! 2 best months of the year in Rocky Point, MAY and OCTOBER, 1 and 2 or 2 and 1 whichever, doesnt matter!

Is it just me or are the US exit interviews getting longer and more intrusive? I sat in line for an hour last Friday night.

MIRAMAR

Last weekend was ridiculous- there was no one coming down, and I joked w/ my husband that we'll probably have a 30 minute wait. Sure enough, about 30 cars at the border, and a 45 minute wait.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Is it just me or are the US exit interviews getting longer and more intrusive? I sat in line for an hour last Friday night.
US exit, going south I assume. Yes, they are starting to get ridiculous! The utter definition of 21 questions. I went down with a girl about three weeks ago and it was, how long have we known each other, where did we meet, where do we work, what did we have for breakfast, who am I voting for... on and on and our answers even though they were true answers and obviously I'm not transporting guns/money didnt really seem to satisfy the ICE guy. He looked at me a few times like really?! It's starting to get ridiculous. The best part is, going North now I barely get asked questions anymore by BP, sometimes even get the borderline wave-through but going south into Mexico they want a blood sample and fingerprints and even when you're telling the truth they still twist the knife deeper. I honestly think they do it for laughs, I think before you even pull up they have semi-determined who and what your potential is and then based on that if they feel like there is no chance in hell your are carrying contraband instead of letting you through nicely, they **** with you on purpose. It's like the scene in Super Troopers when the officer bets his partner he can say MEOW more than ten times or something during a traffic stop, it's just starting to take forever and some of these questions pertain to nothing. I'm still waiting for what color is the sky, and I know it's coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week with my 21 year old son, crossed at 3PM Thursday, Not a word from US agents just a hand wave through.
On Mexico side the Red/Green light wasn't even turned on, again the hand wave through.
Same with the 2 check points going south. I offer 1 guy a water bottle, he declined.
Be back in 2 weeks, Yeah!!

MIRAMAR

Yes, the wait was leaving the U.S.- one lane open going south. We also got a red light going into Mexico- they asked for car registration, and dog papers, but it only took a few minutes vs. 45 trying to leave the US.

If the volume of traffic heading south to RP ever gets back to normal or even increases slightly the wait on the American side will be ridiculous. Having only one lane open now is barely adequate and makes for long wait times.

Why would usa bp be asking questions that are more for coming back to usa then departing usa? Yes, if next years traffic is anything close to this years, definitly another departure lane should go in. They used to have 2 lanes going into mexico at one time.

MIRAMAR

If the volume of traffic heading south to RP ever gets back to normal or even increases slightly the wait on the American side will be ridiculous.
I agree Disneynut- but I thought it was ridiculous last weekend! I'm really concerned about Columbus Day weekend.

Shouldn't ut be the MX government's responsibility to check for those items? Our civil liberties are taking a beating exiting the country.

Shouldn't ut be the MX government's responsibility to check for those items? Our civil liberties are taking a beating exiting the country.
I don't think that anyone is arguing that point, we are certainly giving up more of our freedom. My point was that the government wants the cash and the forfeitures far more than they want to absorb the cost of prosecution and incarceration of the mules. They would never allow Mexico to be solely responsible for this.

Study the Merida Initiative. The US is bankrolling the war on drugs in Mexico. So a while back, both countries agreed that the US should do more to cut down on the arms and money heading south. That's why we now have increased presence on the US side, southbound.

MIRAMAR

This US border checkpoint has been going on for several years. But recently, there seems to be more of a bottleneck. They're trying anyway possible to discourage people from going to Penasco.

Having a nice weekend in Puerto Penasco starts with getting across the border. We have stepped up law enforcement on the US side which has the potential to deter people from making the trip if they have to sit in line for an extended period of time while they are asked questions that have nothing to do with application of the Merida Initiative. I don't know how many people on the forum saw the excellent Univision program on Fast and Furious last night but it was quite revealing.

diegoxx

We have crossed at Mexicali-East and Tecate dozens of times and have never even seen US agents present on the road much less been interrogated. The bad guys know this too. Thinks it's punishment for Arizona's chipper relationship with the current administration.

mis2810

Having a nice weekend in Puerto Penasco starts with getting across the border. We have stepped up law enforcement on the US side which has the potential to deter people from making the trip if they have to sit in line for an extended period of time while they are asked questions that have nothing to do with application of the Merida Initiative. I don't know how many people on the forum saw the excellent Univision program on Fast and Furious last night but it was quite revealing.
I saw that program last night and it was appalling. Quite a good view of our beloved port of entry in Lukeville, as well. Not sure why, but I was kind of surprised to see Lukeville being shown.