Jeep Death

El Gato

The other night about 2am we heard sirens and I just read where a jeep over turned and flipped 5 times killing the driver and injuring the other men. It looks like they were coming east along the Sandy Beach road - riding the ridge.

Has anyone heard how the other men are doing?

cholla

Police came to our door about 4 am and said they had been told the black Jeep was from near the Cantina (we are near JJ's) > Also said they rolled on the "hill".
Cholla's wife

El Gato

It was on Numero Uno - think the second page. More sirens this morning about 9:45 and an ambulance headed towards Choya - couldn't see anythng on the road so maybe in the town? Hope that turned into a minor fender bender.

1am after partying is obviously no time to be on Competition Hill. We are waiting for the family to get here in the next couple of days to take Jeff's body back to the States.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Thats so rough. That whole area on a SUNDAY when the locals take their cocaine, bud light and 4X4's up Competition is DANGEROUS. I almost got hit by .30 intoxicated menace one time a couple of years ago right by there. Guy missed me head on and bounced off of the car behind me. Pretty fortunate for me I guess. Thats a problem over there and I cant believe this hasnt happened more.

B

brando

other men

The other night about 2am we heard sirens and I just read where a jeep over turned and flipped 5 times killing the driver and injuring the other men. It looks like they were coming east along the Sandy Beach road - riding the ridge.

Has anyone heard how the other men are doing?

I am one of the other men, Alive and well. thanks for the concern I have a broken leg between hip and knee, fractured pelvis, fractured vertabre and a little blood on brain but going to be ok. The other guy also had a slightly fractured back, and broke a lot of bones in his face. He is going to be ok aswell.

I am one of the other men, Alive and well. thanks for the concern I have a broken leg between hip and knee, fractured pelvis, fractured vertabre and a little blood on brain but going to be ok. The other guy also had a slightly fractured back, and broke a lot of bones in his face. He is going to be ok aswell.
Thank God you and Dale are alright. And thank you for the update. May your recovery be swift.

Thankfully, as per Brando's post, he and the other passenger are on the mend. The brother and friends of the deceased driver (Jeff) came down for a couple of days to take care of the reports and arrangements. I was impressed with how graciously they handled a bad situation.

H

heyitsmecathy

The other guy... Dale?

I am so glad the other guy, is it Dale, is ok. I was in the ER/clinic with my sister and he arrived shortly before we did. I know he didn't have his passport, phone, or wallet; didn't know the address to the house he was staying at; and the police were coming to talk to him-he was pretty torn up emotionally and physically. I wish we could have stayed with him but my sister was very sick (food related) and we were leaving that morning to go back home. It really has haunted me leaving him alone and I have been searching the internet for some word of what happened to him-thankfully it seems he made it back to the states and got further medical care.

Kenny

I'm glad you were able to find the information you were looking for on our site. There is a lot of fooling around on this forum, but if it's straight forward and honest information about PP you or your friends are looking for, you'll find it here.
How did your sister get sick, was it something that you guy's could pin down?

H

heyitsmecathy

We are not quite sure what it was, but she had the same symptoms her second or third time in PP. And both times fine after 24 hours, antibiotics, and an IV. I ate and drank the same things she did and I had no problems...in fact, I dream about the food...best ever!

R

reportjones

Several of our friends got food poisoning last week after drinking at the Hideaway (formerly the Camel Toe). Probably the ice or water used to wash the glasses the doctor told us! We will never, ever, ever go back to the Hideaway. You haven't lived until you have sufferred from Montezuma's Revenge via Mexico!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
How we went from a jeep accident to you having the shits I dont know.Sorry, I also have a restaurant, touching a soap dispenser, bathroom door handle, menu, sauce or ketchup bottle can all get you sick. The worst of all is having a cut lemon put into your drink a study here in the US found 70% were contaminated with bacteria and germs including E Coli. Thats why any uncooked foods should always be handled with gloves on. Most places dont for lemons. You shouldn't post this about The Hideaway without having concrete evidence the problem started there. This kind of post is why I would never disclose the name or location of my restaurant, too many people with personal vendetas can post anything they want to. There are only a couple people that post on this site that I let know about mine and I intend to keep it that way.

Last edited:
Interesting to know about the lemon.....although I get a lime for my beer....and have never had a problem.... I have not had problems in the 25 years or so that I've been going to Penasco with the food or drinks....at least none that I can attribute to the restaurants/bars. A lot of people don't use common sense with washing of hands, etc. when using the banos....you can see that in the states too....

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I read 1 time ice tea is number 1 cause of food borne illness from restaurants not sanitizing the tea dispenser. If you get cloudy looking tea send it back.