Josefina fishing report 2-23-2013

Saturday, the Sea of Cortez was in a kind mood. Calm seas and a well trimmed Josefina provided a Cadillac ride both to and from the distant offshore deep reefs. As usual, Cap'n Dan put us over the structure and on the first drop it was almost instant FISH ON! Mother Ocean blessed us with a bounty of 5 differrent species of tasty pescado. For about 2 hours either side of high tide, it was steady action and bloody decks as we whacked fish on nearly every drift. We caught 20+ goldspots, half a dozen rabbitfish, 3 sheepshead, 2 yellowtail, and a white seabass. Of course, not everything went according to hoyle, we lost the big fish of the day after a short 5 minute battle when the behemoth made a bulldozer like run and broke the terminal tackle. Then, Dan's 40lb+ yellowtail freaked when it saw the boat and gaff and made a frantic run ending in successfully severing the line on the outdrive. Still, a stellar day on the beautiful, bountiful Mar de Cortez!

hang2.jpghang3.jpgdansheepshead.jpgkimwsb.jpgyellowtail1.jpg

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Awesome! I should be down this coming weekend. Nice to see some yellowtails in the mix and that's a big ugly ol' goat Dan is posing with there!

Kelney

Glad to hear of an actual fishing report so thanks for posting! Nice variety of fish. I plan to be down as well this weekend as it has been a log dry spell for me since being on the water.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
How did Felipe get on that boat? Dan must have been really desperate for gas money:)

Just kidding- Felipe is a cool guy, and I'm jealous- looks like you guys had a great day, and great weather.

I like the beard, Kim.