Just found another video on the shooting in penasco.

Sonora has great potential on the economic front.My geologist friends are finding big stuff and the Canadians /Aussies are willing to put the bucks in play.Ihe ag sector is on the rise and now going Fair Trade. The manufacturing is doing better as Chins burnout continues.I think medical tourism will explode too...don't be so down on Sonora D man.
Please know that I am not down on Rocky Point, Sonora or even Mexico. Don't get me wrong, I am all for legalization, I just don't believe that legalization will stop the violence. I have never done drugs, smoked a cigarette or even drank a cup of coffee but I do believe in free choice and if people want to use drugs (much like how I use alcohol) then let 'em. When we consider how to resolve the issue of crime or what has really become a war, we have to examine how things came to be this way.

No reasonable person signs up for a "job" where you have full knowledge that your end will come from either being shot, beheaded, dismembered or some other tragic act of violence unless you are devoid of all hope for your future. Cartels are able to recruit these people because what little time they have before they die (being a thug) is better than a life of nothing. The ranks of these cartels are comprised of people who use intimidation and violence to make an amount that we would scoff at. These individuals will never punch a time clock or take direction from anyone they don’t fear.

aren't you glad that at least the police is doing their job right an taking care of the bad elements, just like it happens in Phoenix or Tucson in a daily basis, so what you are showing should be normal to anybody leaving in the USA.
It is obvious your intentions are to bad mouth RP, you should not go back there again with morrons that are too big to play with kids toys that way you will enjoy your stay at the beach.
You are wrong in thinking that I want to "bad mouth" rp. I posted the video because it had relevance. That's it. You on the other hand would rather have folks visiting never know these stories and never prepare for the unexpected. We tell our kids that if we're in Mexico and get car jacked, to get their baby sister out of the car seat and get out of our suv when we tell them to; This is being prepared, not paranoid. Stuff happens in Mexico that doesn't happen in Arizona. You can point your fingers at a crime in the us and say, "see, it happens there to.". In the us we don't have organized crime that is trasporting drugs, people and god knows what else, and using murder, bribery, and kidnapping as a tool to commit international crimes. Sure, we have a crazy guy go nuts a shoot people at a theater. But what Mexico has is many not crazy people not going nuts and shooting people everyday. They have an agenda; control drug routes, police and dont let anything stop them on their way. There is a difference!

jerry

Disneyhut,you realize JFK's dad was a cartel kingpin don't you?Things change and people do too if a route is made possible. I hope you have inside info Waho,a hitch hiker told me (sorry perro) that these new guys are looking at this as a long term project. I am not certain that US Special Ops guys didn't take out Gilo in Saric this spring either.
Clozzer...well it seems you don't get around much in organized crime circles in the states..it is everywhere

Last edited:
Disneyhut,you realize JFK's dad was a cartel kingpin don't you?Things change and people do too if a route is made possible.
Last I checked most of the elected officials in Mexico are part of organized crime. I understand that there is the possibility that "some" people may change. To assume that these people will lay down their arms to pick up a uniform and work for living is just not based in reality. If you truly really believe in your proposed social policies, you can always start at your local prison in order to demonstrate their effectiveness.

Estero

"In the us we don't have organized crime that is trasporting drugs, people and god knows what else, and using murder, bribery, and kidnapping as a tool to commit international crimes."
seriously.jpg

jerry

"Last I checked most of the elected officials in Mexico are part of organized crime." overstated ..If you believe that why are you here?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I appreciated Clozzer's post and saw nothing to indicate his intentions are to badmouth Rocky Point.
as if it is not obvious, at least in this forum as of lately, all clozzer has try to do is show bad things of RP like it is the only place bad things take place, and that is what I mean by BAD MOUTHING RP!!

Just 'cause he hangs around morrons that do not take responsibilities for their actions and have to find someone else to blame in this case RP!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
......You on the other hand would rather have folks visiting never know these stories and never prepare for the unexpected...

I DO tell and explain to my clients what is going on in Rocky Point and not in Ciudad Juarez, as many others seem to always related one with the other, as I have used in the past comparing PHX or TSN to RP, my bad......

Stuff happens in Mexico that doesn't happen in Arizona.....

You mean like they speak more spanish than english and the tacos taste better?????......

In the us we don't have organized crime that is trasporting drugs, people and god knows what else, and using murder, bribery, and kidnapping as a tool to commit international crimes..........

NOW Clozzer with that last statement all you are capable to show all of us is that your head is so far up your culo that you need a nanny to hold your hand to get you some candy, GROW UP!!!!!....

........But what Mexico has is many not crazy people not going nuts and shooting people everyday. They have an agenda; control drug routes, police and dont let anything stop them on their way. There is a difference!
Another statement that makes me think you trully live your life closed in four walls with your index fingers inside your ears as you go lalalalalalalala!!!!

"Last I checked most of the elected officials in Mexico are part of organized crime." overstated ..If you believe that why are you here?
It is not overstated. I just moved here in January from "real" mexico. Ever dealt with the government in any real capacity? Ever been kidnapped? I continue to live here because I am married to a Mexican. My son is Mexican. I do believe in change and continue to want change for Mexico. The difference between us is that I am grounded in reality. My wife who is a medical doctor has a hard time finding a job that pays more than $200.00 pesos a day. Why?? Because she won't pay the large bribes that are required to get one of the jobs in the health care system. So if my wife, with all of her education and hard work finds it close to impossible to earn a decent wage in this country I have a hard time swallowing that your "former" cartel members are going to find gainful employment. As I said before, there are plenty of prisons back at home where you can demonstrate how your policies will play out.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I have never done drugs, smoked a cigarette or even drank a cup of coffee
....And your Forum alias is "Disneynut" C'mon stop it! you're killing me over here... :rofl:

I suppose your favorite song is "Goody Two Shoes" by Adam and the Ants...?

Ok, that was a good laugh. Thanks- I needed it.

Kenny

But wait Bob, he did say
"if people want to use drugs (much like how I use alcohol) then let 'em",
It doe's look like he might realizes that alcohol is a drug, and I give him points for that.

Last edited:
My non-use of drugs, coffee, cigarettes is nothing more than a personal choice. It is not because I have any objection to them or any religious beliefs preventing their use. I do like to drink beer and mixed drinks (and yes, I do recognize that alcohol is a drug). My use of alcohol is a personal choice and I think it is ok to do so as long as it does not affect others. I strongly feel that others should be allowed to make the same decision with other drugs. My debate with Jerry is not personal, I just don't agree with the broad statement that legalization of drugs will stop the crime. If Mexicans who are defined by many as "hard-working" go to the U.S. illegally in search of employment (because they can't find it here), how can Jerry argue that unemployed or even reformed cartel members will find work should drugs suddenly be legal?

Kenny

My non-use of drugs, coffee, cigarettes is nothing more than a personal choice. It is not because I have any objection to them or any religious beliefs preventing their use. I do like to drink beer and mixed drinks (and yes, I do recognize that alcohol is a drug). My use of alcohol is a personal choice and I think it is ok to do so as long as it does not affect others. I strongly feel that others should be allowed to make the same decision with other drugs. My debate with Jerry is not personal, I just don't agree with the broad statement that legalization of drugs will stop the crime. If Mexicans who are defined by many as "hard-working" go to the U.S. illegally in search of employment (because they can't find it here), how can Jerry argue that unemployed or even reformed cartel members will find work should drugs suddenly be legal?
Don't know how to break this to you, but everyone on this forum is not a xpat living in Mexico, and some of us in the USA just might have a different view of this situation considering the devastating broad ranging effects this so called war on drugs has caused us here in the screwed up, but good old USA.
...From the bigging of this subject I've thought it absurd that our first priority here in the States was what the thugs in Mexico would do if we legalize drugs in the states. It's like saying we shouldn't have legalized the drug you're drinking because Capone and the boy's would have to much time on their hands; and remember the depression here in the state's didn't bottom out till 32, about the same time prohibition ended.
Not to worry though, the powers that be and big one's too, like the Military Industrial Complex will never let it happen.

Last edited:
Don't know how to break this to you, but everyone on this forum is not a xpat living in Mexico, and some of us in the USA just might have a different view of this situation considering the devastating broad ranging effects this so called war on drugs has caused us here in the screwed up, but good old USA.
...From the bigging of this subject I've thought it absurd that our first priority here in the States was what the thugs in Mexico would do if we legalize drugs in the states. It's like saying we shouldn't have legalized the drug you're drinking because Capone and the boy's would have to much time on their hands; and remember the depression here in the state's didn't bottom out till 32, about the same time prohibition ended.
Not to worry though, the powers that be and big one's too, like the Military Industrial Complex will never let it happen.
I understand your point and I want what is best for both countries. Sadly, I have experienced the violence first-hand. In my opinion, I think the two issues should be dealt with independently. I won't argue that the legalization of drugs would certainly resolve some problems but it will also bring about new issues. It is no doubt a monumental task for anyone to take on. The violence, regardless of its origin or purpose should also be dealt with independently as the focus of these groups may change when they can no longer rely on the profit that they currently enjoy (regardless of what caused the decline).

Please know, I make no assumptions regarding anyone here nor is this personal to me. I just thought it would be nice to have a discussion regarding a difference of opinion without resorting to name calling.

Yes, I agree! It seems that a lot of people on this forum are so gung ho to shOot down views that just are not theirs. It is like trying to sell steak to a vegan restaurant.