kayaks under a grand

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Just parked off the main road by the boat launching area. It is all hard sand and didn't have any problem wheeling it in. It was just a day trip, hit the water at sunrise, and out by 3. Was kindof looking for a someone to join me. If you down there a lot Fisherman, I'll drop you a text next time I'm down, maybe we can hit it.

I think I attached a pic of my rig.

Sure do appreciate this Forum! specially the fishing parts....:).

Dave

AZ Dave, I've been looking for kayak fishing acquaintances on this forum for more than a few years now... if you EVER want to fish Lobos and you give me decent notice I'm IN. Been there twice, fished once but haven't been back in about 4 years now this February. Just don't feel comfortable going all that way by myself. Would love to get back.

AzDave

AZ Dave, I've been looking for kayak fishing acquaintances on this forum for more than a few years now... if you EVER want to fish Lobos and you give me decent notice I'm IN. Been there twice, fished once but haven't been back in about 4 years now this February. Just don't feel comfortable going all that way by myself. Would love to get back.
You got it Joe!

SunDevil

Well Known Member
Windy this week down there Jerry. They fished on Saturday but came in early. They saw a great white feeding on a dead sea lion.

AzDave

Hey Joe - you down in RP? I tried to message you, started a 'conversation' last week. Anyways, I plan to fish Lobos on Thursday, looking good for the kayak.

Later, Dave

Nicolai

So, new member here, been going to Cholla Bay all my life just getting into kayaking anf kayak Fishing, picking up a used tarpon 120 soon. Any tips or advice on this subject? How hard is it to paddle the current in front of Tucson beach/pelican point. I know it is difficult to swim it. Thanks!

AzDave

I've fished that a couple times in a paddle kayak without any problems. Went as tide was coming in. I did best working the current. Head southish to the point along the rocky shore, paddling into the current. Then drift on back. Find rocky bottom and you will find plenty of fish. Biggest trigger I ever caught was off that point.

Good to have an anchor to use, so not as much work to keep on a spot.

Good Luck!

Nicolai

AZ Dave, thank you man, im looking forward to it and i will definitely take your advice on the drift with the current and an anchor.