La Bella Vita development?

La Huerita

Well Known Member
A press release from Feb. 2016 said Leslie Hospitality was going to redevelop the La Bella Vita development at Playa la Jolla starting in mid 2016 and would rebrand it as Costa de Cielo. It was originally going to offer both fractional and whole ownership.

The domain name for the website (registered in 2004) was updated in Oct. 2016 but I can't really tell how recent the information on that website is. (http://la-bellavita.com/) My question: Have they done anything yet? Is there any there there? Movement of dirt? Anything? Are they for reals?

Here's the full press release for your convenience.

OMAHA, NEBRASKA (PRWEB) FEBRUARY 25, 2016
Starting in mid-2016, Leslie Hospitality, in partnership with LBV Holdings LTD.-Sam Z. Sidhom from Alberta, Canada, will begin the redevelopment and repositioning of one of the original master-planned development communities in Puerto Peñasco, Mexico. La Bella Vita will be rebranded as Costa de Cielo, literally translated “the Coast of Heaven.” The development will provide outstanding seaside living with the addition of a luxury boutique hotel.

The Inn at Costa de Cielo will be an intimate beach resort that offers visitors and residents all the amenities imaginable. The Inn will make available beach-front homes, villas and bungalows giving guests room to spread out and enjoy their stay with space and comfort. The Inn’s restaurant will be on the second floor of the reception area and will boast a stunning panoramic view of the Sea of Cortez. The restaurant will offer exquisite fare with farm-to-table produce and the freshest catch from the sea. The hotel will offer a full set of activities and amenities to hotel guests as well as the community. Guests will be able to enjoy afternoons at the Spa, a workout in the fitness center, cocktails overlooking the sea, adventure at the beach activity center and an evening shared with friends and family poolside overlooking the ocean.

Visitors to the Inn will be able to stay as they please in any of the available properties. When complete the master plan allows for up to 38 villas, 144 bungalow-style, walk-up one- and two-bedroom apartments and 50 custom homes.

“We want to bring luxury resort living back to Puerto Peñasco,” said Edwin W. Leslie, President & CEO of Leslie Hospitality. "The hospitality options available in Peñasco are all sterile, vertical high-rise condominium complexes. We wanted to create an authentic environment where guests can still enjoy the amazing culture and community lifestyle of coastal Mexico. We will provide an authentic and comfortable environment with all the added amenities and activities of a luxury resort. Our slogan ‘We overlook nothing but the Sea of Cortez’ means exactly that.”

For those looking for a residence at Costa de Cielo, there are ample ownership opportunities available. The community is just a few miles away are pharmacies, markets and shopping. Groceries are an easy trip to Puerto Peñasco’s new Sam’s Club and Bodega Aurrera, (a division of Wal-Mart). For those with medical concerns, the city’s new urgent care center is just minutes away.

Puerto Peñasco is the second largest resort real estate marketplace in Mexico and is an easy 3 ½ hour drive from Phoenix. Currently, the community of Costa de Cielo is made up of two- and three-story villas that offer one, two and three bedrooms, a full kitchen and a laundry. The villas have exquisite marble tile flooring and custom brickwork throughout, hand-forged steel railings, and beautiful furnishings and décor. The bungalows are tastefully appointed with custom ceiling brickwork and spacious kitchens with granite countertops. Costa de Cielo will reset the standard for elegant, yet authentic, coastal Mexico resort living.

A sense of serenity comes with real security. Costa de Cielo is a gated community with guards checking who comes in and who goes out. From visitors looking to escape the typical matchbox high-rise vacation, owners who wants to enjoy a hideaway for a couple months and lease their residence the rest of the year, or a couple looking to live in a unique ocean-front community, Costa de Cielo has the lifestyle and the property for all.

About Leslie Hospitality

Leslie Hospitality provides operations and financial management advisory services to hotel properties worldwide. LHC provides valuation services, oversight and asset management, receivership services, and technical and pre-opening and management services in all areas of the hospitality industry. A 30-year veteran of the hospitality industry, Mr. Leslie sits on the board of three hotel-related organizations as well as a prestigious board seat on the United Nations World Tourism Council.​
----------------------------------------
So is this happening or not???

jerry

Well Known Member
So will Imy buddy ever get his deposit at Playa Azul back?...think it was half down

Terry C

Well Known Member
A couple of years ago we rode quads down there to look at it. There is one unit on the second floor that is finished and occupied. It has the glass railing and all painted. There is a generator in the parking area under the tower for electric. I didn't see any outhouses tho :gaaah:

wildtoucan

Well Known Member
The main tower of playa azul is apparently being completed as friends just had their condo completed there. They said another condo was also almost completed. They were original buyers.

mondone

Whitecaps
o_O I think you are confusing Playa Azul with another project-

Not recommended at this time. Status - Construction stopped. Under legal litigation.

About Playa Azul

Playa Azul is located in Rocky Point on a stretch of beach known as North Beach and has been the site of many legal battles. Independent developers purchased land from the Master develpers with the intent to build luxury condominiums and private homes. North Beach land owner Grijavla filed suit against his partners Martin both players in the North Beach development and named as additional defendants each developer that had acquired property, including Playa Dorada, Playa Azul and Riviera Real. Construction on Playa Azul was halted.

mondone

Whitecaps
I didn't hear that any litigation settlements had taken place already. It was projected to take upwards of 25 years for rulings to occur. I for one would stay away from anything on North Beach given it's history.

jerry

Well Known Member
Ten years of exposure to the sea....that tower could collapse once all the extra finishing weight is added

mondone

Whitecaps
Ten years of exposure to the sea....that tower could collapse once all the extra finishing weight is added
In how! Funny, I was just at my casa this past weekend and although I really need binoculars to see much down that way, I didn't see anything going on with the naked eye. I went by there on my boat back in January and it just looked like a rusting metal skeleton then, so I still don't get how people are saying condos have been finished now.