La Fondita Restuarant

Roberto

Charges to a credit card take time to collect so the owner is out the money until he is credited.

The last time I went there I noticed the food wasn't as good as it'd been previously. What is it with new restaurants? Why can't they be more consistent? Anyway, Patrick...I now agree with you. All the State Police eat at La Fondita, so maybe they just got too busy. Oh well, I tried another new place last week (watch for a post on Cha Cha's)

mondone

Whitecaps
I'm almost afraid to try new places now, seem to always regret not going to my favorite establishments as I'm walking out the door. Man, I have GOT to get back to Taco Brissas, La Bagre, and La Carretta. I'm overdue!:thumbsup:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The last time I went there I noticed the food wasn't as good as it'd been previously. What is it with new restaurants? Why can't they be more consistent? Anyway, Patrick...I now agree with you. All the State Police eat at La Fondita, so maybe they just got too busy. Oh well, I tried another new place last week (watch for a post on Cha Cha's)
Thats ole dads doin'.

I am a chef so I am somewhat familiar with restaurant practices. Depending on the establishment, some give the staff their credit card tips at the end of the day and some do it with payroll which could mean one or two weeks delay before the employee gets it. I usually ask the wait staff which is preferred by them and try to go according to their needs. Also, cash tips probably means no reporting to tax authorities so most wait staff prefer that rather than the payroll option because taxes are deducted from the tips. I am sure this is true in Mexico as in the US or most countries.

Cash is better anyway while you are out of the country. I try not to use my CC. I was in Mazatlan one and my card got hijacked. By the time we got back, there were nearly 2K worth of charges against it.

Now I wish I had read ALL the comments on here before I went there today (2/17/14). I thought the food was good but not as excellent as some of the first comments I read. We had the "enchiladas Sonorenses" which are really more of a sope type dough, the chicken tacos and the posole. All were good but they could be better. For example, the chicken in the tacos could have been better with some more condiments and perhaps a bit of tomato when cooked before using it for the tacos. The posole was good but a bit sparse on the meat.

Two of us ate and had a soda for about $20 and we had food left over to bring home for an evening snack so it is not bad but not excellent. I am sure there are better locations.

Roberto

I pretty much crossed it off my list when a guy walked around the dining area with a spray bottle spraying insecticide around. Not my favorite condiment !!