Labor Day is coming

flicks

:sunny: Hi Guys, We have never been down on Labor day weekend. Just wondering if it's really busy or not, AND how the weather might be?? Going to pull the RV out from Playa Bonita RV storage. for 4 days or more. I knew someone on this Forum would have the scoop.. Thanks in advance..:woo:

American crowds have been sparse the last 4-5 years. 6-7 years ago on Labor day, Manny's, Pink Caddy were packed and the beaches had nice crowds. Last time down 2 years ago Mirador clubs were dead, Manny's had 5-10 people at 9PM. Out of 10-12 times being there for LD, 1-2 times the weather was bearable with the rest Very Hot and Humid. The last time 2 years ago it was 93 degrees at 3AM and I had to use my windshield wipers to get all the dew off so I could see to drive home for the first mile or so. I can live without that. Come on October, my favorite time of the year in Rocky Point.

flicks

Thanks everyone. My Hubby isn't sure he wants to go now. Sooooooooo It will probably be late October now...:aagh: Oh well...

mondone

Whitecaps
Thanks everyone. My Hubby isn't sure he wants to go now. Sooooooooo It will probably be late October now...:aagh: Oh well...
It will be worth the wait. LD is too iffy to chance it if you don't get to go down that often. I have a house in Encanto so I will be there both LD and Oct.Fall Break. I already know Fall Break will be more enjoyable.

wish I was going over labor day. Hot or not....its better than fighting the traffic and sitting at my desk for 8.
Some days, my mind will drift off and I find myself once again sitting on the patio, watching the surf - Cold beer in my hand and Roger Clyne on the on the player.
Oh what a wonderful life.

mis2810

Hot or not, I'll be down Labor Day. Hit the beach early in the a.m. hang out as long as possible, when it gets unbearable head back in for a nap in the air conditioning. Repeat the next day for 8 straight days.

GV Jack

Snorin God
I have been there a number of times in late August and Labor Day and have lucked out what with the onshore breezes.

Last year went in late September, 25th for five days of hell. Hot humid and no relief. I'm going in late October or early
November this fall. Next year, Good Lord willin, we're going in late August again.

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
We don't go July, August, September because hot and humid but make up for missing it and go almost the entire month of October :)

Roberto

I go down twice a month every month for 9-10 days... Can Jerry & Kenny the most prolific posters come even close?
What's the point of the last part of your comment? Trying to pick a fight? I'm here 24/7, 8 years, can you even come close? Be positive or be gone por favor.

I will see you all down there the first of October. I can ,but don't want to wait the next 6 weeks, but there is a better 1/2 that does not handle the heat that well.

GV Jack, I was there same time last year sweating, after 2 days we packed up and went home. Went back 2 weeks later in Oct. and it was almost perfect. Amazing what a difference couple of weeks can do for the weather down there.

jerry

the first Labor Day celebration in 1882 in New York City. The AFL-CIO, which represents about 12.2 million members, says that first holiday was marked by a march to demand an eight-hour workday and other labor law reforms. About 20,000 workers made their way up Broadway carrying signs that read “Labor Creates All Wealth” and “Eight Hours for Work, Eight Hours for Rest, Eight Hours for Recreation.” (The AFL-CIO site offers a chronological look at such events via a timeline.)
it is not just about the beach bros...thank a union worker....