Las Conchas Guard Casita History

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Curious to know if anyone can explain why it seems the Mayor of Puerto Penasco has a personal vendetta against the community of Las Conchas and it’s citizens.

I have heard many scenarios regarding building and placement of the casita.

Roberto

Well Known Member
early in the evening or late afternoon the gate area was taped off with a Police vehicle blocking the regular entry and a large front end loader and 10 wheel dumper standing by. Traffic was routed to the north entry that is used by large trucks. I figured it was by by guard gate.
I returned early in the evening, the regular entry was in use. No heavy equipment to be seen. the guard gate was still standing, looks as it always has. It was unlighted but I could see several people inside the structure. could not see them clearly but they were dressed in dark clothes with caps on their head. I stopped next to the structure and one guy waved at me. Most know me cause I drop off snacks periodically, donuts and such.
Appears that the destruction might not be occurring, yet anyway,
I wonder about the HE that was set off around 9 or 10. I lost count but there were 6 or 8 at least. No it was not fireworks, these were serious explosions that rattled the windows and gate. There was a huge gathering and party at one of the rental places there in sec. 5.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Las Conchas HOA refuses to anti up $250 k. Guard casita comes down. Let me get this in perspective pay money and it’s legal to have the Guard Casita operating on public property. Don’t pay and it’s illegal and gets torn down. Corruption at is finest.

Ocean Diver

Las Conchas HOA refuses to anti up $250 k. Guard casita comes down. Let me get this in perspective pay money and it’s legal to have the Guard Casita operating on public property. Don’t pay and it’s illegal and gets torn down. Corruption at is finest.
While the 250k is way out of line , "( corruption )" "at it's finest" but maybe it's not, depending how long it's been there, and how long the city has been after them to remove, the key here is "operating on public property" ( also known as easements ) you don't put "guard casita's" over utilities public property belongs to the "public" and the city has full control over how it is used, and has the authority to enforce violations, this is clearly a violation of city ordinances, so then as time passes the fines pile up, also was there a permit taken out, I doubt it, can they prove it ? and even so it can be revoked at any time. simple solution here MOVE IT ON TO PROPERTY.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
early in the evening or late afternoon the gate area was taped off with a Police vehicle blocking the regular entry and a large front end loader and 10 wheel dumper standing by. Traffic was routed to the north entry that is used by large trucks. I figured it was by by guard gate.
I returned early in the evening, the regular entry was in use. No heavy equipment to be seen. the guard gate was still standing, looks as it always has. It was unlighted but I could see several people inside the structure. could not see them clearly but they were dressed in dark clothes with caps on their head. I stopped next to the structure and one guy waved at me. Most know me cause I drop off snacks periodically, donuts and such.
I wonder about the HE that was set off around 9 or 10. I lost count but there were 6 or 8 at least. No it was not fireworks, these were serious explosions that rattled the windows and gate. There was a huge gathering and party at one of the rental places there in sec. 5.
Hey Roberto, Does
Las Conchas allow visiting a beach for the day to non residents? (empty lot access) I figured you would know. Thx

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Hey Roberto, If I went down towards Tessoro near the estuary, can we use the beach during the day? just beach chairs and umbrellas.
Without getting harassed by the LC security. If yes any places you would suggest. I figured you would be in the know.
I've owned in Cholla for 30 years and most beach access is gone.
Thx.

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
Hey Roberto, Does
Las Conchas allow visiting a beach for the day to non residents? (empty lot access) I figured you would know. Thx
LC has never refused entry to the beach. The guards would ask where they were going and give them a vistor hang tag. Beach are not private property and no one was ever denied by the guards

JoseAz

Well Known Member
The problem started when someone with oversized influen$$e at the city finished a condo project in section 9 without CCR and permit. Las Conchas HOA contested and won at the state level but the city ignored. now pay back is a bitch

Roberto

Well Known Member
As FBH said. The security people do not hassle people. Generally they are available to help and keep an eye on things. You can go all the way to Tessoro and drop down to the beach there. You will see tire tracks all over.

Last edited:
While the 250k is way out of line , "( corruption )" "at it's finest" but maybe it's not, depending how long it's been there, and how long the city has been after them to remove, the key here is "operating on public property" ( also known as easements ) you don't put "guard casita's" over utilities public property belongs to the "public" and the city has full control over how it is used, and has the authority to enforce violations, this is clearly a violation of city ordinances, so then as time passes the fines pile up, also was there a permit taken out, I doubt it, can they prove it ? and even so it can be revoked at any time. simple solution here MOVE IT ON TO PROPERTY.
Get real the City is being taken over by the Cartels and the you know who works for them. It’s total BLACKMAIL THA Las Conchas said the would’t Give in to. GBLC!

Curious to know if anyone can explain why it seems the Mayor of Puerto Penasco has a personal vendetta against the community of Las Conchas and it’s citizens.

I have heard many scenarios regarding building and placement of the casita.
It’s a result of Las Conchas saying no to $250,000 BLACKMAIL ATTEMPT. THAT THE BOTTOM LINE!

Janjanaz

Just returned from Las Conchas. We go at least 4-5 times a year. This time our friends that stayed about 10 house down from us were robbed at 11 in the morning while they sat on the beach. Money, phones and ipads were stolen and the front door had a key pad. Turns out the neighbor across the street was robbed a few nights before they were. Fast forward to Wednesday sitting on the beach see two men looking in windows beach side of our house. Members of our party ran up to the house to chase the men who were running and got into a white Toyota pick up. Police and security came and it turns out our neighbor across the street had been robbed the Sunday before. Went to town bought 2 padlocks for the front gates and never left the house again.

Roberto

Well Known Member
What section are you in? LC is definitely changing to a different kind of community. It's becoming a nightly rental destination to the detriment of the quality of life here. Resident owners cared about neighbors, renters do not care. Friend in Sec 2 told me that the guards are not able to do anything about the RVs on the beach and that the guards have been told they have no enforcement powers whatsoever. Call the city police. I was told by a friend in the Mirador that he caught a thief crawling out a window and running away. He ran him down, called the police and was told they could not do anything unless he has actual photos of the thief in his house. Install cameras.

I do not undertand why the ATVs are tacitly permitted to go on the beach at the end of the estuary past Tessoro. The word is out and the Rzers roar by in groups heading for the beach.

ernesto

Well Known Member
So, is this problem unique to Las Conchas or are the other beach communities experiencing a dramatic uptick in thievery? Can you ride a quad on the playa in Encanto or Miramar? I will now set my alarm when I go to the Playa. Are there still guard casetas in those other communities?

Janjanaz

What section are you in? LC is definitely changing to a different kind of community. It's becoming a nightly rental destination to the detriment of the quality of life here. Resident owners cared about neighbors, renters do not care. Friend in Sec 2 told me that the guards are not able to do anything about the RVs on the beach and that the guards have been told they have no enforcement powers whatsoever. Call the city police. I was told by a friend in the Mirador that he caught a thief crawling out a window and running away. He ran him down, called the police and was told they could not do anything unless he has actual photos of the thief in his house. Install cameras.

I do not undertand why the ATVs are tacitly permitted to go on the beach at the end of the estuary past Tessoro. The word is out and the Rzers roar by in groups heading for the beach.
Section 1