Las Palomas update?

I don't know why you would think a reference to having a staff is anything to brag about. landscapers have staff, street vendors have a staff. .
I agree. I also never brag about my staff. At my age, I am just glad it works. Now the riff-raff, you know those that illegally rent, the landscapers, street staff etc, they seem so focused on their staffs. Probably why they have so many kids and cannot afford to pay full rack rate!

T

Tomcat

[FONT=&quot]Hi Tommy,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is 79.00 per night but then there are wrist band fees paid to Las Palomas directly when you arrive. A onetime $25.00 the first day and $5.00 per day starting on the 2nd day per person over 10 years old. If you want to reserve these nights call my husband Gary at 480-766-2115 for the details on reserving those nights.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leagan Realty[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lisa Eagan; Designated Broker[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9414 East San Salvador Drive Suite 112[FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scottsdale, Arizona 85258[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Office: 480-656-7714 Ext 101[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cell: 480-403-1075 [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]E-Fax: 888-422-9951[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Email: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Website: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.LeaganRealty.com[/FONT]

Hummm ! Hey drymeat it looks like someone made a deal behind your back and that someone is the Las palomas resort with some condo owner !!!! Yes its more then $79 a night if you want to use the pool etc. BUT even so its pretty good deal :)
[FONT=&quot]http://www.leaganrealty.com/[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

not a big fan of the units in phase 1. I did notice they had a teaser rate in the posting to get attention. however if you scroll down you will read the following in the advertisement:
2011 Daily Rates: Sun-Thurs: $115.00 Fri-Sat: $145(includes LP approved 20% discount) Holidays: APRIL 8-10, MAY 1- 2, May 22-25, JULY 2- 4, & OCTOBER 9-12. 2009 Holiday Rates: $230 *CANCELLATION POLICY* Las Palomas accepts credit card payments. At the time of booking a reservation, they charge 50% of the total reservation cost. - Within thirty (30) days of your arrival, they will charge the remaining balance of the reservation.

Is this what you are referring to? see if you can find me another one, it was a good start.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
No I think dry meat has a few condos and thought it was a done deal that one or both rented for say $250 a night. Less the cut for the rental agency and lets guess $200 a night X 2 is $400 a night times 7 = $2800 a week X 52 weeks = $145.000 and some change. Now drymeat finds out the agency is not doing there job to rent his condos and being the great world wide business man that he is..... He is trying to correct this problem and stop owners from renting out there own condos too. Hows that backing up the rental agency working out for you drymeat ?????? :moon: :rofl:
Thank god drymeat is rich and the condos units he bought were for childhood memories and sentimental reasons so no big deal for drymeat. Maybe drymeats staff should advise drymeat that he has the personality of a donkey ! I have always had pity for a person that has to put everyone one down around them to somehow make himself seem important... But your right Kenny I bet its not to long before drymeat has his condos on craigslist too. Rich world wide business man hahahahaha with a staff LOL Thanks for the laughs drymeat.. I find your posts very entertaining drymeat so keep them coming OK :woo:
My Dear Tomcat, the problem with so many condo owners is they purchased their units on debt and needed rental income in order to pay their loan and survive month by month. I am truly amazed how many people will purchase secondary homes and investment properties by taking a loan out. Always, always pay cash and if you can't then don't buy. Thus if something horrible happens and you can't rent, then you are not throwing a fit about not being able to rent your unit on your own (cough cough). I feel bad that so many purchased on debt and will probably have their property foreclosed on. Everyone that purchased at any of the resorts along Sandy Beach should have known that a rental company was the only way they would be able to lease their unit. Sadly for some, their personal financial circumstances changed and as they say "desperate times, desperate measures". Don't buy on credit and don't buy something you can't pay cash for. I would hate to see what would happen to so many of these owners that must rent on their own in order to survive if a tourist was killed in penasco- who do we blame then for no rentals. I found an old post about the importance of paying cash for something (January 2010)...

ok ok, here is the deal. I admit that I did not expect such a drastic fall in prices. I did plan on holding my condo for at least 5 years and fortunately paid cash for it. I will probably hold it for more like 8 years now. This attorney that is trying to capture money from the developer won't find any money anywhere. I have yet to hear of a succesful case in which someone was paid from a Puerto Penasco project. When buying in Puerto Penasco I went with the largest and biggest and only purchased because they had already built something and had something to show for it. I feel bad for the owners who financed their purchses or are stuck in limbo waiting for a building to be completed. HOwever from what I hear the developer is offering to move these owners to units that are completed in phase 2. Have yet to jump off since I spend less that what I have. Don't buy something unless you can pay cash for it- regardless of what it is.
Sincerely, drymeat- will do my best to continue to entertain those that are losing the economic battle, need to keep them upbeat amid their despair of not being able to rent their units on their own and thus keep the lights on.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Have your staff save it for you, because as it is I've already been reading your drivel a lot longer that and you'll be around three years from now, if not posting, then lurking around looking for a opportunity to shake your pom poms. Lets not forget that it was you that was always saying that we were just chicken littles saying the sky was falling when we warned folks of the fall and the shady deals. Then after it all came to pass you made yourself scarce only coming out of your hole for special occasions to get up on your soap box spouting for the most part the same old crap.
Just read Toms post above, and yes I to feel his worry about his little investment. I've always though that what drives him, worry and fear.
I do worry and have fear that the desperation of some to pay the banks and keep the lights on will drive them to desperation (ie. renting for whatever they can get just to have something coming in). I feel bad for such ones, however I am not going to have the situation they put themselves in (ie. borrowing for something they could not afford and thus needing every penny to pay for it) dictate what happens to my little investment.

To my boating friends (kenny) I hope we can share the love if the marina changes much in say 3 years. I know how much development can adversely affect some that hate change. anyways just another one of my stupid drivels to file for later.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I agree. I also never brag about my staff. At my age, I am just glad it works. Now the riff-raff, you know those that illegally rent, the landscapers, street staff etc, they seem so focused on their staffs. Probably why they have so many kids and cannot afford to pay full rack rate!
tell me about it, nothing is worse that having to pay out for "staff". Those families with lots of children can at least use the free labor. I would love to find a way to spend less and keep more (hmmm, need to reserach business practices in 3rd world countries).

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Absolutely a great deal. thank you for sharing the name, very much appreciated. This is the kind of thing I love about you guys, always doing for others. Again, thank you for the example and name. Love- drymeat

[FONT=&quot]Hi Tommy,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is 79.00 per night but then there are wrist band fees paid to Las Palomas directly when you arrive. A onetime $25.00 the first day and $5.00 per day starting on the 2nd day per person over 10 years old. If you want to reserve these nights call my husband Gary at 480-766-2115 for the details on reserving those nights.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leagan Realty[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lisa Eagan; Designated Broker[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9414 East San Salvador Drive Suite 112[FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scottsdale, Arizona 85258[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Office: 480-656-7714 Ext 101[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cell: 480-403-1075 [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]E-Fax: 888-422-9951[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Email: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Website: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.LeaganRealty.com[/FONT]

Hummm ! Hey drymeat it looks like someone made a deal behind your back and that someone is the Las palomas resort with some condo owner !!!! Yes its more then $79 a night if you want to use the pool etc. BUT even so its pretty good deal :)
[FONT=&quot]http://www.leaganrealty.com/[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

T

Tomcat

Drymeat.jpgNo problem I have found some much better deals that I am NOT sharing ! I will say howdy neighbor soon when my friends and I come visit your nice condo resort. There are some really good deals online drymeat :) have your staff search for them so you can seek and destroy the enemy (your neighbors) for trying to keep there lights on..... your such a sweet human being !!!!! so compassionate to your fellow man ! perhaps you will die in a dark corner alone clutching a bag of money !
Absolutely a great deal. thank you for sharing the name, very much appreciated. This is the kind of thing I love about you guys, always doing for others. Again, thank you for the example and name. Love- drymeat

Last edited by a moderator:

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
No problem I have found some much better deals that I am NOT sharing ! I will say howdy neighbor soon when my friends and I come visit your nice condo resort. There are some really good deals online drymeat :) have your staff search for them so you can seek and destroy the enemy (your neighbors) for trying to keep there lights on..... your such a sweet human being !!!!! so compassionate to your fellow man ! perhaps you will die in a dark corner alone clutching a bag of money !
Now now tom, not nice. You are right, deals are out there. It's really up to the resort to "seek and destroy", so I guess we will see what happens. Why Tom, I do have compassion- I feel bad for those that allowed greed to motivate them to purchase a second home when they did not have the money to pay for it. I feel bad that such ones are resorting to desperate measures to maintain a lifestyle they could not afford. I compassionately hope that you pay for something in full rather than want instant gratification- it's a tough lesson for many. What can you do, hopefully it is a lesson learned.
Thanks for the reminder.... prior to dying I will research which religion offers the best after death program (any suggestions- mormon, catholic, christian, islam, scientology). I need a good one, one that will let a spirit or my multiple heavenly wives hold my money bag.

T

Tomcat

Now that I know how sick you are and what you are :twisted: ! you have become much less entertaining.... See you soon by the pool :) don't forget to wave dear neighbor. I will be the one with the proud to be "Trailer Trash" T-shirt on ! bye bye :har:
Now now tom, not nice. You are right, deals are out there. It's really up to the resort to "seek and destroy", so I guess we will see what happens. Why Tom, I do have compassion- I feel bad for those that allowed greed to motivate them to purchase a second home when they did not have the money to pay for it. I feel bad that such ones are resorting to desperate measures to maintain a lifestyle they could not afford. I compassionately hope that you pay for something in full rather than want instant gratification- it's a tough lesson for many. What can you do, hopefully it is a lesson learned.
Thanks for the reminder.... prior to dying I will research which religion offers the best after death program (any suggestions- mormon, catholic, christian, islam, scientology). I need a good one, one that will let a spirit or my multiple heavenly wives hold my money bag.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Now that I know how sick you are and what you are :twisted: ! you have become much less entertaining.... See you soon by the pool :) don't forget to wave dear neighbor. I will be the one with the proud to be "Trailer Trash" T-shirt on ! bye bye :har:
Not the devil, oh boy. I might need a cross or my magic undergarment to protect me. In any case, here's to a prosperous year my dear friend. May we all live within our means and stave off foreclosure- Shalom, drymeat.

Kenny

Again, just more drivel coming from the heat... Truth is the only thing that's real about you to us is your glowing personality. The rest is unsubstantiated and like a Walt Disney fairytale; just a wish upon a star as far as we know.

Last edited:

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Again, just more drivel coming from the heat... Truth is the only thing that's real about you to us, is your glowing personality. The rest is unsubstantiated and like a Walt Disney fairytale; just a wish upon a star as far as we know.
Ah yes the poetry of our seniors. I hope my fairytales don't disturb your fascination over discussing political parties and how the government is screwing you and the various conspiracies in your head. Remember to live within your means and not blow your fixed retirement my old friend- not sure if spreading the wealth will save your boat.
twinkle twinkle

Kenny

Keep it up Heat, I like it! Nothing like a faceless keyboard to spice up the joint with unsubstantiated and therefore probably untrue crap about how good they have it. One thing you've never told us about heat, and that is what a good time you have in PP with your friends. That right there would be an ever bigger fantasy, that I'd just love to hear.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Keep it up Heat, I like it! Nothing like a faceless keyboard to spice up the joint with unsubstantiated and therefore probably untrue crap about how good they have it. One thing you've never told us about heat, and that is what a good time you have in PP with your friends. That right there would be an ever bigger fantasy, that I'd just love to hear.
Nobody has it good dear kenny. You are right I have no friends, unfortunately I don't have a network of seniors to play shuffle board with like you do. As one of our mature in age seniors, I don't want to cause you any stress or frustrations, so whatever you say is right. I know how dear this forum is to you and how seriously you you take it, my lying fantasies are just causing you stress- so I am sorry. I wish you nothing but the best and hope you are able to stretch that fixed income so that you can enjoy life. I will just continue to make things up and continue in my dreams.

I rarely ever reply to the comments that are posted on this blog, I appreciate the information that is posted and also enjoy many laughs, but can't control myself when it comes to the comment dryheat made in reference to those investors who purchased condos on Sandy Beach and chose not to pay cash, instead put the minimum amount down and made monthly payments and YES was looking forward to rental income from the unit. (also known as ROI)

Now you tell me which scenario is better, purchase a condo say for 200,000 cash and now it is worth 75,000, thus giving you a 125,000 loss, OR, purchasing the same condo for 200,000 with a down payment of 60,000 and giving the condo back to the developer thus losing your 60,000, OR hanging onto the condo that you rarely are able to rent, thus no return on your 200,000 and if you decide to sell and cut your loss, lose 125,000.
Me, I'm choosing the $60,000 loss. Just sayin

ernesto

Dryheave makes the pompous ASSumtion that he was the only able to pay cash.Your point is well taken. And his Secret Squirrel friends,not so smart that they bought multiple units in the same development. No wonder theyre crapping their pants trying to control everyone else so they can keep some cash flowing.

Last edited:

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I rarely ever reply to the comments that are posted on this blog, I appreciate the information that is posted and also enjoy many laughs, but can't control myself when it comes to the comment dryheat made in reference to those investors who purchased condos on Sandy Beach and chose not to pay cash, instead put the minimum amount down and made monthly payments and YES was looking forward to rental income from the unit. (also known as ROI)

Now you tell me which scenario is better, purchase a condo say for 200,000 cash and now it is worth 75,000, thus giving you a 125,000 loss, OR, purchasing the same condo for 200,000 with a down payment of 60,000 and giving the condo back to the developer thus losing your 60,000, OR hanging onto the condo that you rarely are able to rent, thus no return on your 200,000 and if you decide to sell and cut your loss, lose 125,000.
Me, I'm choosing the $60,000 loss. Just sayin
The point I was trying to make is that many purchased beach property on borrowed debt, when their property back home was inflated in value and afforded them the opportunity to buy on debt. Most really could not afford it, same ones that pulled a second mortgage to pay for a Hummer. If one cannot handle the risk of no renters or limited renters in a down economy, then they should have not purchased in the 1st place.

I do like your example of walking away from a loan as the better option than paying for a property in full- you are right it is less skin in the game. As we see in the states, many like you feel the same way and many of these individuals are also the same ones that purchased more than they could afford. In reality whatever down payment the person had probably came from a home equity line or borrowed money-thus the money was really not there to begin with. If you pay cash for something, you only have a loss when you sell if it is less than what you paid (no monthly loan payment makes it a lot easier to not have to sell, you can afford to wait out the storm). Your example is one that most 30k millionaires follow and the reason why many of them have to foreclose or short-sell (they lived a lifestyle they could not afford without more income coming in).

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Dryheave makes the pompous ASSumtion that he was the only able to pay cash.Your point is well taken. And his Secret Squirrel friends,not so smart that they bought multiple units in the same development. No wonder theyre crapping their pants trying to control everyone else so they can keep some cash flowing.
Sounds to me like you will probably have to foreclose due to not being able to pay for something you could not afford in the 1st place. We all make mistakes. Desperation to rent at any price and desperation to keep all the money tells me that you are in a dire financial situation. I say, let the unit go back to the bank and move on. the recovery will start once you have unloaded unecessary debt (read a dave ramsey book for inspiration). You will find greater happiness when you have less debt and live within your means. Best- dry heave aka dry meat aka dry hump

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The point I was trying to make is that many purchased beach property on borrowed debt, when their property back home was inflated in value and afforded them the opportunity to buy on debt. Most really could not afford it, same ones that pulled a second mortgage to pay for a Hummer. If one cannot handle the risk of no renters or limited renters in a down economy, then they should have not purchased in the 1st place.

I do like your example of walking away from a loan as the better option than paying for a property in full- you are right it is less skin in the game. As we see in the states, many like you feel the same way and many of these individuals are also the same ones that purchased more than they could afford. In reality whatever down payment the person had probably came from a home equity line or borrowed money-thus the money was really not there to begin with. If you pay cash for something, you only have a loss when you sell if it is less than what you paid (no monthly loan payment makes it a lot easier to not have to sell, you can afford to wait out the storm). Your example is one that most 30k millionaires follow and the reason why many of them have to foreclose or short-sell (they lived a lifestyle they could not afford without more income coming in).
I know alot of those, why they would jeopordize their families security and their own happiness to pump up their egos is beyond me.