Latitude Survey

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
That's what I thought, Roberto. He must have Latitude mixed up with somewhere else. Mike has always been super nice and so have the waitresses. Mike also helps with charity work. He and his establishment are tops with me!

SeaSwell

Headin' to the Bezch
Do you know where Latitude is located? Yes

Have you ever visited Latitude? Yes

If so , was it a good experience and why? It was an afternoon visit in June 2012. It was super hot inside.

If not good what happened? The only negative was the heat. When we go out and eat, we want to be comfortable.

I visit Penasco about ___14_ times a year.

I would probably visit Latitude more if I knew it was cooler and had really good Internet.
i will give it another try._______________________________

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
I like Mike, but he is kinda dour. His bar staff hasn't been very attentive or personable when I've been in there. It can be hot inside. The TVs aren't as good as others in town. The blinds are askew, sort of suggesting overall malaise. And when they're closed, the nice view of the port is gone.

i root for the place, but I usually choose others with friendlier staff, better TVs for sports, and happier owners like Capone's and Boo.

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
Do you know where Latitude is located? Yes
Have you ever visited Latitude? Yes, once.
If so , was it a good experience and why? OK
If not good what happened? I had wings & the cheeseburger which were good. My wife had the combinacion Mexicana and the chile rellano and the chile was spoiled/had weird smell/taste. We commented to waitress and it was replaced but no apologies or any reduction/offers were made to make up for it. It was late January, so it was offseason, and we are not huge complainers, so I'm willing to assume it was just bad luck that can happen to anyone. I would go back again to give a 2nd chance.
I visit Penasco about 10 times a year.
I would probably visit Latitude more if 1) give something for free that is a draw, like homemade chips & salsa, 2) reduce the menu size to keep the best/most popular dishes (and maybe new ones) to guarantee that ingredients are always fresh. A large menu means ingredients need to be frozen, won't be as fresh and risk spoiling 3) drink and appetizer specials would be great

migallon

Mornin everyone, Mike Lat31 here. Thanks for your comments and suggestions. It's hard to reply to each comment so lets put it this way. We have a happy hour every week day, an open sign on the street Various specials ie, Monday a 10 piece order of wings and vegetables $5.00 and $2.00 bottled national beer.We are looking into a hotdog special also for Monday. Also, on Wed. we have a meatloaf dinner for $ 7.50 and$2.00 beers and mixed drinks for $2.50. We just celebrated our 15th year open at the same location. I,m not much on using the computer and so but feel free to stop in and let me here your suggestions . Theres one thing i always say, IF i won't eat it or drink it , i wouldn't serve or expect you to pay for it. PS if you wan't happy hour prices when it's not happy hour, all you have to do is ask. After 15 years you're not gonna break me. Look forward to seeing you.
Mike

migallon

I frequent Latitude and have been puzzled why there are not more people going there. It's a great looking place, spacious inside, with a large palapa covered ocean view deck outside. Long bar and lots of tables. Lots of large screen TVs and all the sporting events. The mexican food is as good as you will find it here so are the burgers. Cold beer, super Margs and decent wine. The waitresses are all super. Had a long visit with Mike last night about what needs to happen to get the business up. Help us out and take this little survey:

Do you know where Latitude is located?

Have you ever visited Latitude?

If so , was it a good experience and why?

If not good what happened?

I visit Penasco about ____ times a year.

I would probably visit Latitude more if ______________________________________
Thanks Roberto

flicks

Well Known Member
Mornin everyone, Mike Lat31 here. Thanks for your comments and suggestions. It's hard to reply to each comment so lets put it this way. We have a happy hour every week day, an open sign on the street Various specials ie, Monday a 10 piece order of wings and vegetables $5.00 and $2.00 bottled national beer.We are looking into a hotdog special also for Monday. Also, on Wed. we have a meatloaf dinner for $ 7.50 and$2.00 beers and mixed drinks for $2.50. We just celebrated our 15th year open at the same location. I,m not much on using the computer and so but feel free to stop in and let me here your suggestions . Theres one thing i always say, IF i won't eat it or drink it , i wouldn't serve or expect you to pay for it. PS if you wan't happy hour prices when it's not happy hour, all you have to do is ask. After 15 years you're not gonna break me. Look forward to seeing you.
Mike
Mark & Kathy here,it was great seeing you this last weekend. We think the Marg there are the best. You're the first place we hit , when we get there..

playaperro

El Pirata
More like a daily special, anyway what time do your 2 dollar beers start and end. Its a nice place if I can climb down the stairs.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Do you know where Latitude is located? yes
Have you ever visited Latitude? no
If so , was it a good experience and why?
we visit Penasco about __one__ times a year - (last few years have only been once/year, we'll be coming down more in the future)
I would probably visit Latitude more if :_We came down more often

on a side note - we would get off the PDO beach more often if we had a vehicle to drive around - we drive our motorhome down and park it at PDO, so other than hopping a ride with our friends (thanks Bill, Chuck, Joe, +others), or borrowing Ladyjeepers jeep for a store run, we stay on the PDO Mirador beach.
we need to get out more often :)

badfish

Well Known Member
I have been to Lat31 once a few years ago for my birthday. My wife, kid and my self didn't think it was any thing special. The service was fine but the food wasn't great or even good. I will be back in P.P. In 2 weeks. I will give it another try. I have been wrong in the past.

jben

Do you know where Latitude is located? Absolutely. How can you miss it?

Have you ever visited Latitude? Been there twice but not for a number of years

If so , was it a good experience and why? Great experience. Went because I figured it was the place where I had the best chance of seeing the particular game I was interested in.

I visit Penasco about _2-3___ times a year.

I would probably visit Latitude more if _they did something exceptionally well. Back in the day, it was one of the few places to catch games but now I can pretty much see the game I want anywhere (thank you Slingbox). Biggest problem is that I love to cook and absolutely love the ingredients I can get here so we don't eat out very often. For example, I am currently here for 4 days and we will probably only eat out twice: Tacos el Pablano for their tacos al pastor which are the best I've had anywhere and Pollo Lucas which makes an awesome grilled chicken. Other than that I will be do the cooking for us. The seafood and beef I can get here are unbelievable. Lastly, I found Mike to be a great guy. He actually turned me on to Sea Products, a find for which I cannot thank him enough.

jben

Actually, that's a really good question. Always used to go to Cedasa, but found out the last time I was here in May that Cedasa no longer operates that store. It's still a butcher shop, still sells Cedasa product, and will still cut whatever you want to order but the variety isn't what they used to have and the prices weren't as good.

I plan on going back tomorrow to check them out again. problem with most butchers here is that every cut is sliced very thin which is traditional in Mexico. If you want a beautiful 2" thick T-bone, you won't find it precut. Or so I thought ..

Today I went to Bodega Aurrera and Sam's Club. At the bodega, everything was thin-sliced but I bought some beautiful thick NY strips at Sam's Club for about $4.80 per lb (132pesos per kilo).

I'd be interested if anyone else knows of a good butcher in town too.

jben

Actually, that's a really good question. Always used to go to Cedasa, but found out the last time I was here in May that Cedasa no longer operates that store. It's still a butcher shop, still sells Cedasa product, and will still cut whatever you want to order but the variety isn't what they used to have and the prices weren't as good.

I plan on going back tomorrow to check them out again. problem with most butchers here is that every cut is sliced very thin which is traditional in Mexico. If you want a beautiful 2" thick T-bone, you won't find it precut. Or so I thought ..

Today I went to Bodega Aurrera and Sam's Club. At the bodega, everything was thin-sliced but I bought some beautiful thick NY strips at Sam's Club for about $4.80 per lb (132pesos per kilo).

I'd be interested if anyone else knows of a good butcher in town too.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I have bought nice thick steaks at Sams and pork too. They were cut correctly, across the grain of the meat. Cutting is not a big issue with thin steaks but cutting too much with the grain can ruin a fat steak.

jben

OK. So I went home without first writing about my visit to the butcher shop. The place is no longer Cedasa, it's called Carneceria Sonorese. Its on Ocampo near Sinoloa. When I went there, they had the usual low grade cuts but they also had a beautiful T-bone primal for about $6.50/lb (180pesos per kilo) and a really nice looking bone-in ribeye primal for about $5.80/lb. (160 pesos per kilo). I had them cut me a couple of 2" thick T-bones and they were awesome. The shop also has the expected grilling vegetables (onions, peppers, etc.) available as well as fresh tortillas. The place was very clean and you could feel the chill when they opened the coolers. I'll definitely go back next trip down.