Leaving th U.S.

dogdust

Since when did sheriff's deputies start doing immigration checks when leaving th U.S.? We were waiting in line Friday morning. The toll gate on the Mexican side has certainly speeded up crossing LOL
Anyway while setting in my vehicle a younger female deputy came over and started interviewing me for
Jeopardy. Where do I live? Where am I going? How long am I staying? Do I have ten thousand dollars? Do I have any guns or ammo? Then she says "roll down the rear window" After all this she walks away. I was a little p*ssed. Does anyone know what the sheriff is doing down there. I wonder what king of authority they have. I wasn't stopped for any kind of infraction......just setting still. I wanted to say "no" to rolling down the window, just cuz>
dogdust

Roberto

I seem to recall that money and vehicles confiscated under certain conditions are shared by the different jurisdictions of law enforcement involved in the bust. Can anyone comment on that?

Is there some restriction to carrying firearms near the border on the US side that can be carried legally elsewhere in the state?

I've inquired to some of the guys at the border about the $10K bit and got a lame answer like it has to do with the IRS! This answer offered after blank looks and glancing at each other. Right ICE and County now enforcing IRS regulations. Maybe you will have to show your tax return the next time you get stopped for speeding too !!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Just another way to see our tax dollars at work, even if you were a drug dealer taking your money back to Mexico, do you think you will tell the uniform, what ever the force, "OH yes!!! ociffer, I do have about a million dollars under the seat of the car!! would you like to count them or just have a toke of my joint? what is funny is that I have, in both sides of the van, Rocky Point Rides and they always ask me both way, even after they read the lettering, "where are you going" or "where are you coming from" so many times I felt like telling them from mars you f@#$%*& idiot!! :eek3:

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Dogdust - this has been going on for nearly a year now. You can search up several of the threads where we've discussed this exact topic. Basically, Janet Napalitano met with mucky-muckys from Mexico last year in June and agreed we would start checkpoints to try and stem the flow of guns and drug money back over the border into Mexico. What you experienced is the result of that.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Stuart is right, the Obama administration is trying to help the Mexicans with the southerly flow of money and weapons. They are complete assholes though. I had an ICE agent ask me what I was carrying into Mexico and because its such a vague question, I replied, " nothing". Fyi, I have a truck and he says, " nothing huh, what about all this stuff back here?" Inquiring about the luggage, golf clubs and 2 fishing poles. I felt like saying in response to his question, " besides the obvious **** in the bed of my truck, nothing dick!" Then after that Cp. America asks if this is my truck and to see my registration! Ha! Too funny, but at the time I had steam coming out of my ears. 4 young adults going to RP to fish, golf and relax for the weekend. And people wonder why nobody is going to RP right now, get harassed in AZ and in Mexico....

garyd

They asked me where I was going and without thinking I said "Mexico". They didn't laugh or smile but passed me thru

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I just answer the questions, never offering more than is asked and try to keep the annoyed expression off my face. It goes much faster that way. And is less stressful.

Kenny

It's no big deal to me. Heck, I'm going to the sea of Cortez, and their standing there working all day. So who's smiling? Me.

dmcauley

This unfortunate stopping of vehicles is to stem the flow of money and firearms to Mexico. Unfortunite because it has been very successful so expect them to be there a very long time. I just say "no extra money and no guns" and they wave me right through. They are also asking Mexicans for border crossing card to see if they have overstayed their limit.
This is the price we all have to pay to enjoy our getaways.