Ley Express

El Gato

Well Known Member
Has anyone gone to the newly opened Ley Express? If so, is it smaller then Super Ley, the same, or???? And where is it located (for the person who gets lost easily lol). Tks.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I been by it, but not in it, its about 1/3 the size of Super Ley and is on Josefa a couple blocks south of Calle Rio Suchiate. (across the street from Puertas Bryant)

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
A lot of people over there yesterday afternoon for the opening. It was packed so I didnt bother going in. The cooker was very busy at the front of the store where they will cook any meat that you buy for free so you can take it home prepared. Cool idea! Smelled great as I went by. Great looking store by the way

Sonny

The prices are still higher that the walmart on the out skirts of town. They definitely need to fix the main drag going there the pot hole are as big as my Toyota pick up!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
As in USA the buying power of Walmart will make any of their stores the cheapest overall as an example Tequila Corralej Reposado $229 pesos in Super Ley $179 on Bodega Aurrera, that makes my $50 US litre bottel, at Fry's when they have it, a little over $13 us dollars @13.2 per dollar last time I bought it!!

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
I don't care what the prices are in Walmart, Bodega. When in Rocky Point buy local, keep the money in the town we all enjoy.

Last edited:

El Gato

Well Known Member
I have noticed that produce and meat is much better at Super Ley then the Bodega. And I can find things I'm looking for easier at Super Ley. Prices, at least on somethings, like cat food, are cheaper at the Bodega, plus they usually have litter. So we tend to hit all of them - we spread our money around.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Super Ley has responded appropriately to the opening of the Bodega and the Santa Fe. The store is much cleaner, better stocked and organized. Recently their produce has been far superior to Bodega, a little better than Santa Fe and with a better selection than either of the others. There wre 4 types of lettuce a week or so ago. I think they got sloppy when they were the main big dog.

beachgirl

Well Known Member
I have to agree with Roberto. What a big difference in Super Ley after the opening of Bodega. They really cleaned the store up and I actually enjoy going there now! (Before, I kind of got the eebie-geebies when I went in there). We like to go to Bodega just for fun.... basically to see what they have and to compare prices with the Walmart here. If coming from Fremont, approximately how far up Josefa is the Ley Express?? Sorry, I couldn't find Calle Rio Suchiate on the map....north or south of Simon Morua??

beachgirl

Well Known Member
On the subject of stores, last time down (October) I discovered that my favorite bakery, La Cubanita, had closed and a carnecia was taking it's place. Has anyone tried the meat there yet?? And does anyone know if the bakery has re-opened elsewhere?? (I was told that they re-opened it just down the street somewhere, just not sure exactly where down the street!!)

dwig222

Well Known Member
The last time we were in RP we checked out the Bodega. I was particularly interested in their meat. I picked up a whole chicken that was barely cold and the "sell by" date was two days before. We looked around a little and decided to go to Super Ley and get all of our groceries. I love that deli with the prepared foods. We bought some kind of pork stew and it was delicious.

If you go to the original Leys and you see Santa Claus... please have your childs or your photo taken with him... all the proceeds will go to La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida AC community center... I was originally asked to be Santa but felt my Espaniol wasn't good enough to ask children if they were naughty or nice so I just lent out my Magical Red Suit to the community center and Blanca found a willing volunteer to do the job...

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas Everybody....

Sonny

It is north about a mile I always turn on Simon Morua and take the first dirt or sand road to the north it dead ends at the street that Ley Express is on just look to the west on there it is. The reason I take the sand road because the main paved road is in bad shape right now and under repairs.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
On the subject of stores, last time down (October) I discovered that my favorite bakery, La Cubanita, had closed and a carnecia was taking it's place. Has anyone tried the meat there yet?? And does anyone know if the bakery has re-opened elsewhere?? (I was told that they re-opened it just down the street somewhere, just not sure exactly where down the street!!)
Julie, they move the operation to Las Palmas market, also in Avenida Constitucion on the left hand side as you go towards Ley, next to the hotel Paraiso, the one with the large bird cage outside in the parking lot, last time I was there Las Palmas building was painted yellow, very nice produce and supplies just a bit more expensive than other stores, however I must say the bread (bolillos) are really good at Bodega Aurrera, which is Vasque (northern Spain) for "come on in"= aurrera