Libertad Panga Fishing!

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
My buddy and I hired a panga for two days looking for yellowtail the first weekend of December. We ended up catching 6 jurel (yellowtail) but over a dozen bonito and some sand bass. Bonus was a rather large yellow snapper (according to the guide) or maybe a grouper? Weather was delightful, though nights and mornings were chilly. I can't wait to return to this friendly town and rather fishy bay, and it's fishier "El Faro." We had one bonito beheaded by a sea lion. IMG20231202120220.jpg

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
Old I saw quite a few people from the solar park and a few from the gas power plant while dining. I am not sure the new project will change the town too much. It is still pretty sleepy. As for the Cirrios photo, I fished the beach just north of that point and caught a good number of nice corvina on a warm weather trip. I can't wait to get back there!

Old55

Well Known Member
Old I saw quite a few people from the solar park and a few from the gas power plant while dining. I am not sure the new project will change the town too much. It is still pretty sleepy. As for the Cirrios photo, I fished the beach just north of that point and caught a good number of nice corvina on a warm weather trip. I can't wait to get back there!
Have you ever run into Craig Ricketts down there?

ernesto

Well Known Member
That's an interesting article,very ambitious project for sure. Now let's see if we can fuck up this thread and make it all about the sickening politics that have become so pervasive here.

Old55

Well Known Member
ernesto , they came after him in the Tucson Weekly stories years ago.Smelling a rat I really pressed Keith Rosenblum the writer.Something wasn't kosher.
They wanted the property back and or to hurt him with the investors. Don Diamond might be involved.

ernesto

Well Known Member
And you say the former mayor of Penasco was involved. I had a business transaction with him. No bueno.