Liberty Cove

jerry

Wow the ghost city 100 miles south of Puerto Penasco is ordering 1000 electric cars from the not yet formed auto company.If you buy a non existent house you get a free (soon to be produced) electric car. I think I'll have a virtual drink with my Japanese robot girlfriend and order me up a pair on the fake credit card

http://portland.bizjournals.com/portlan ... 1228712400^1743054

jerry

Liberty Cove, a planned 46,000-acre development of 60,000 in Sonora, Mexico, is one such area.

Craig Ricketts, CEO of Los Angeles-based Rockingham Asset Management LLC, the developer of the project, plans to include a Porteon vehicle with every single-family home, and possibly one for clusters of condominiums within the development. He’s already placed an order for 1,000 vehicles.

Sorry bad link

"Ricketts said the development aims to be completely powered by renewable energy. Therefore, a home powered by solar energy can use the Porteon vehicle’s battery to store excess energy for use at night, after the sun goes down. The electricity would then be shared among the community.

The first Liberty Cove homes are expected to be ready in 18 months to two years, making Ricketts anxious to see Porteon get into production.

“We need those cars,” he said.

To do that, the company needs financing. It could be tough to find.

Jim Hossack, a consultant with AutoPacific, a consulting firm based in Tustin, Calif., said plummeting oil prices might make electric cars less attractive. Consumers could buy a fuel-efficient gas-powered car capable of highway driving for the same price as a Porteon vehicle, he said."

E

El Semental

jerry said:
"Ricketts said the development aims to be completely powered by renewable energy. ."
They seem to have enough bullshit, they might be able to convert some SUVs to methane burners :ugeek:

Hi all. I was googling Liberty Cove and eventually ended up here. Gee, how come I didn't know about this board? This is great!

Anyhow, I was trying to find updates about Liberty Cove because their domain name (http://www.libertycove.com/) has expired and the Web site no longer works. The company (Rockingham Asset Management) still has an active Web site with a link to the defunct Liberty Cove Web site, but of course there's no current info there. I can't imagine that with the current economic woes they've been able to get anywhere with that project, which always seemed a bit overly ambitious to me anyway. Does anyone know what's happened since the last info posted here? Mostly I'm just idly curious.

I did notice that under the "Current Projects" http://www.rockinghamllc.com/current_projects.asp link they also have 2 projects in Vietnam listed. That's interesting, don't you think? I wonder if those are in the same condition as Liberty Cove ;)

Thanks in advance for any info.
La Huerita

Kenny

I checked it out La Huerita, and that's a great blog? you have there, but it made me hungry.. :chef:
I'm glad you found us, I've been lost for days.. :cry:

Kenny

S

Submarine

I'd say it's slightly more ambitious than your typical RP project, but with less likelihood to succeed.

Maybe they should import bullshit from some of the failed RP projects and get it fired up again.

Kenny said:
I checked it out La Huerita, and that's a great blog? you have there, but it made me hungry.. :chef:
I'm glad you found us, I've been lost for days.. :cry:

Kenny
You're a funny guy, Kenny. :) Thanks for the kind words. Obviously it's a brand new blog, but I hope to have stuff on it that's interesting enough for people to want to come back once in a while. Especially news items. Keeping it simple and user friendly and figuring out what people want to see. What's the point, after all, of doing a blog that no one ever sees? I'm not so old (yet) that I enjoy a conversation with myself. :mrgreen:

Besides TRAVEL, my background is in art and travel writing. Some day I'm going to have to settle down, stay in one place, but luckily that day isn't here yet! :sunny:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
And... everybody that buys a probably never built home with a probably never delivered electric car gets to race it around the probably never built Liberty Cove Grand Prix racetrack!! How exciting!!! Not. I've maintained from Day 1 that it was highly improbable that Liberty Cove would ever occur in my lifetime. So far, my prediction seems to be right on. Given the current economic conditions, drug wars, and general not-so-good feeling Americans have about security in Mexico right now, it makes a project of that magnitude even more unlikely to happen.

Agreed, Stuart. Especially since it never had the backing of the gov'mnt in the form of FONATUR for infrastructure, etc. and was totally reliant on investors. A Monaco style race track? Really? :roll: Also, I was always suspicious of their plans for water. Something on that scale in that kind of geographical area, well desalination is all well and good as far as it goes BUT...

I think we are one on this subject. ;)

InkaRoads said:
nice blog guera!! I am ready to start the hot chocolate, yummy!!!
Cool! Thanks, InkaRoads. Coming soon in the recipe department: Grilled chicken, Pollo Lucas style. Also yummy! ;)

La Huerita (Just call me Blondie, lol)