Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
They are starting to post on different facebook pages that they are protesting again today for the border to be closed from 6 to 8pm.
Maybe someone has more info.

There is also a video out from a protester on facebook and someone translated and summarized as follows::

"Basically upset about how people from Sonoyta were portrayed in Kikos latest public statement. He said 1. If Kiko doesn’t bring the equipment to Sonoyta that he promised, they will shut down the road again. He is also demanding a public apology to the people of Sonoyta and even mentioned that since we are always looked at like a little narco town, you will see the narcos have our back!!! That was the gist of it"

www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=113496377104132&id=109469234173513

Thanks for all of the updates. This is unreal right now. I'd say Sonoyta has a pretty good argument and virtually all of the leverage. 90% tourist travel comes through their town. Good bargaining chip. Smart folk. Do any of these muni's have federal support? For supplies?

RP Life

WARNING!!!
If you decide to drive thru Nogales, Altar and Caborca be on the lookout for tire spikes
www.facebook.com/ariete.caborca/videos/597957551142100/

Carriers and motorists suffer tire damage due to crime

Altar, Son.-At least a hundred carriers and motorists stopped circulate this Saturday night when criminal groups deposited on the road "staples" that damaged their tires.

Through videos broadcast by the drivers themselves, they denounced the damage suffered by the units, so vehicle traffic from the Altar to Caborca stretch of road was paralyzed for several hours.
Therefore, they alerted the users of said section to avoid driving at night in said area, due to the dangerousness of the criminal gangs that operate, as well as the record that this is the way to operate to continue with car theft. .
So far there is no official report from the authorities on this fact that was denounced through various videos on social networks.

Roberto

,,, After about over 15 years here the ineffectiveness of law enforcement, or I should say the absence of it, astounds me. I still fear and worry more about the police than anyone else. Among other fun incidents, being handcuffed, thrown in the back of the truck and taken to the judge for 'Parking Wrong", does that to you I guess. They really are the largest criminal gang in Mexico.

Last edited:
,,, After about over 15 years here the ineffectiveness of law enforcement, or I should say the absence of it, astounds me. I still fear and worry more about the police than anyone else. Among other fun incidents, being handcuffed, thrown in the back of the truck and taken to the judge for 'Parking Wrong", does that to you I guess. They really are the largest criminal gang in Mexico.
Yes, it's insidious throughout the entire social strata. It's a big reason why we sold everything and left 8 years ago.
Yes, it's insidious throughout the entire social strata. It's a big reason why we sold everything and left 8 years ago.

Landshark

From Encanto HOA...
July 7, 2020

This email has been stated and deleted at least three times, by the time I finished the email, the information in the first paragraph was out of date.

Currently traffic is moving smoothly from the border to Penasco. Holders of Permanent Resident Cards with current CFE bills continue to pass through the Sanitary Filter. You will be asked to sign a 14 day home quarantine.

If there are more than two people in a vehicle, wear your mask. If you open your car window to speak to anyone, wear your mask.

Per the request of Sonoyta, proceed through town, no stopping in Sonoyta. The speed limit 25mph, always wear your mask in the car, Mandatory Curfew 10:00 pm - 6:00am

Alcohol sales only till 6:00pm

BEACHES are closed, All beaches are FEDERAL!

Now a little general information, Municipal is now coordinating their announcements to the American community through the Rocky Point Times and Rocky Point 360. Both of these organizations receive information from a single source in a timely manner.
Individual homes, non-rental, do not need to be sanitized according to Dr. Castro.

Yes, mordida (Bribes) in Sonoyta is part of the discussion with the Sonoyta Mayor.

Each of us needs to weight the pros and cons concerning returning or staying in Penasco.

Our Penasco Friends have limited health options, which we would never want to jeopardize, yet our community lives and breathes on the money we contribute to their economy.

Stay Safe!
Your PENCA Board

I am going to wait till all this passes. I usually go once every month but this year I only went in early March. Now that my spouse and I are licensed foster parents we really can't go without permission from a judge and bio parents or if we put the kid in a licensed respite provider for the weekend. If the water was open & if Sonoyta wasn't blocking I would at least entertain the idea of going while getting the respite for the weekend.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I am going to wait till all this passes. I usually go once every month but this year I only went in early March. Now that my spouse and I are licensed foster parents we really can't go without permission from a judge and bio parents or if we put the kid in a licensed respite provider for the weekend. If the water was open & if Sonoyta wasn't blocking I would at least entertain the idea of going while getting the respite for the weekend.
Too much disorganization right now. Makes it a liability in so many ways. Being turned around after a 2.5 hour drive to the border is a liability in itself aside from the other more serious infractions that could take place as a result of trying to go. No beach, no water sport and sanitary filter that only keeps 78% of the virus out. Definitely not going back until ALL of those are lifted. I would wear a mask if required. Pretty sure it's 50/50 if we see Rocky Point at all the rest of this year. I think we're hoping for September or October at this point but realistically, what is going to change in between now and then?

The problem is. I want to go to Rocky Point to go fishing on a kayak by myself. We don't go out any longer other than to eat. We're not so much of a liability as "MOST" that want to go down to Rocky Point so they can spend their entire weekend drinking in a crowded bar which is exactly what just happened in AZ after Memorial Day. It's one thing to be upset about these stay at home orders because you cant go out and enjoy the great outdoors but you have to be a special breed of human to jeopardize both personal and public health to immediately return right back to the petri dish known as a club/bar.

I finally was able to make the trip from Phoenix to Rocky Point today.
it was very smooth. Crossed the border at 7.30am. No line at the border, they ask me if I had a reservation which I had and got the red light, checked around the car and let me go. I drove very slow through Sonoyta. No sign of protest.
Once you arrive in Rocky Point before the overpass you go below the bridge and you reach the sanitation area. There was severally cars, I presented my reservation ( owner reservation), I went through the spray tunnel, not big deal, dog did not need to go through, got two stickers for the car and I was done and relieved.
Biggest problem is looking at the beach and the water and no be able to walk on. Lol but the beach is full of birds
Every business in town requires mask which it is understandable
Hope it helps

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joan C would be shocked to hear this accusation.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I finally was able to make the trip from Phoenix to Rocky Point today.
it was very smooth. Crossed the border at 7.30am. No line at the border, they ask me if I had a reservation which I had and got the red light, checked around the car and let me go. I drove very slow through Sonoyta. No sign of protest.
Once you arrive in Rocky Point before the overpass you go below the bridge and you reach the sanitation area. There was severally cars, I presented my reservation ( owner reservation), I went through the spray tunnel, not big deal, dog did not need to go through, got two stickers for the car and I was done and relieved.
Biggest problem is looking at the beach and the water and no be able to walk on. Lol but the beach is full of birds
Every business in town requires mask which it is understandable
Hope it helps
Real question. What is the objective of your trip if you don't mind? Just trying to understand the dichotomy of what drives an individual to make the trip with all known factors and the fact that you mentioned, not being able to enjoy the beach or water and 10pm curfew? You said owner so maybe work on the property? More power to you. Almost jealous to some degree. Just a natural curiosity about life I guess...

Landshark

We are permanent guardians of a grandchild and have been taking her down since she was very young. She now says she grew up on the beach and loves it and loves Mexico! Try finding a way to take the kids, it’s so worth it.

We are permanent guardians of a grandchild and have been taking her down since she was very young. She now says she grew up on the beach and loves it and loves Mexico! Try finding a way to take the kids, it’s so worth it.
We tried but we have a lazy DCS ongoing worker and sup that ignores any emails or calls. They needed one month to obtain the baby's birth certificate, another month to get the passport (COVID-19 excuse for everything), then in the end the bio mother said she didn't want her baby traveling to RP to her attorney because of COVID-19. We eventually gave up on this and went to San Diego since we didn't need permission to travel within the US. We told our ongoing worker to keep working on the passport as planned so we could try again later in the year. Never heard anything back. We might have to wait till adoption if it gets to severance in order to take her to RP.

Landshark

We tried but we have a lazy DCS ongoing worker and sup that ignores any emails or calls. They needed one month to obtain the baby's birth certificate, another month to get the passport (COVID-19 excuse for everything), then in the end the bio mother said she didn't want her baby traveling to RP to her attorney because of COVID-19. We eventually gave up on this and went to San Diego since we didn't need permission to travel within the US. We told our ongoing worker to keep working on the passport as planned so we could try again later in the year. Never heard anything back. We might have to wait till adoption if it gets to severance in order to take her to RP.
We obtained severance to ensure the safety of the child now and in the future. Planning to adopt soon. Good luck with DCS! :rolleyes:

I wanted to come and check the condo I rent at Las Palomas, I had a cancellation due to the protest in Sonoyta and I decided to come since I did not have a chance to come for several months.
it gets boring staying on lockout in AZ and even if I cannot go to the beach I am enjoying the different scenary. Cannot wait for morning views, if I get lucky I may see dolphins. The beach is full of birds, I guess nobody is bothering them.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I wanted to come and check the condo I rent at Las Palomas, I had a cancellation due to the protest in Sonoyta and I decided to come since I did not have a chance to come for several months.
it gets boring staying on lockout in AZ and even if I cannot go to the beach I am enjoying the different scenary. Cannot wait for morning views, if I get lucky I may see dolphins. The beach is full of birds, I guess nobody is bothering them.
Thanks for the reply. I understand the feeling. Waiting until the peasants (none land owners) like myself can come back down and enjoy our home away from home.

playaperro

El Pirata
I read July 15th for family, friends and visitors with no reservations. Aug 1st is to take down sanitary filter.
I’m talking about regular people from Sonoyta being able to get in, not owners that own here, you must be some how connected to a tourist trap company that only caters to tourists.

RP Life

I’m talking about regular people from Sonoyta being able to get in, not owners that own here, you must be some how connected to a tourist trap company that only caters to tourists.
Kiko Munro detailed. Today, members of the Health and Safety Council approved 7 different agreements: 1.- Approval to allow entry to Puerto Peñasco, Sonora; residents of the municipality of General Plutarco Elias Calles (Sonoyta), for the implementation of all kinds of essential activities, complying with all protocols and security measures previously established and considering the following criteria: • Check residence in the municipality of General Plutarco Elias Calles; • Transfer for essential activities development; • Use of mouths of all people on board; and • Preferably not transport under 12 years old, or adults over 65 years old (Non-sanctionable). 2.- Approval of income of family, friends and visitors in general to the municipality of Puerto Peñasco, Sonora; starting July 15th of the current year, complying with all protocols and security measures previously established ; and with the limitation of counting on that date with the Diagnostic Team to detect the COVID-19 Virus, through PCR tests, in case you do not get them on the set date, your entry will be postponed until you can be applied the test, with the aim of safeguarding the lives and health of all citizens and visitors of the municipality. 3.- Approval by unanimity, of the proposal to remove health fences or filters, starting on August 01th of the current year;

It says Sonoyta can come in with proof they live in Sonoyta for all kinds of essential activities as of now. July 15th for friends, family, and visitors. Aug 1st to take down sanitary filter.

Not trying to argue with you just trying to clarify the info.