Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

Kenny

playaperro

El Pirata
Who know's what is real and what's rumors about the Brown's.
Below is some of what I heard, witnessed and read in the late 80's and 90's

There are many stories about the Brown's including the relative of Gus Sr. Shooting the husband
of a woman whom he later married that controlled/owned the Sandy Beach/Cholla land.
Original tract of land including Sandy Beach and Cholla was to be used for animal grazing.

There were some colorful news articles in the 1970's and 80's about this.
My wife's Dad had, on his Cholla garage wall many clippings about the Brown's,
but these were tossed when he sold his Cholla home in late 90's.

The Browns do have a ranch in Chihuahua Mexico, there was an article in a Tucson paper about Gus Jr.
having a jet plane seized by the DEA around 1980.

There's other articles about threatening to remove 300 people from their homes in Cholla in the early 1990's
for failure to pay rent on their land they were leasing from Sandy Beach Rental, some of my neighbor's were involved in that.

That was an interesting time to be in Cholla because you either disliked the Brown's or liked them, sorta like today's
upcoming presidential election, same type of heated arguments and opinions happened back then.

A number of people were evicted from their homes who lost their lawsuit contending the Brown's didn't own the
land in Cholla and Sandy Beach, which the Mexican courts said he did.

All they had to do was purchase the land from the Brown's with paid up past due rent and the problem was solved.
In many cases the amount to fix this was $10-30K.

There are a number of water front places that were taken around the 4 Aces and on Pelican Pt because people didn't
have the $$ or chose to leave their places behind out of spite, some were sold and the new owners discovered they
were suddenly liable to pay off the Brown's for the land. Lot's of crooked deals back then.

Mexico was an interesting place to buy and sell property before the Bank Trusts became available.
There was this one retired DEA agent that worked most of his days chasing planes boats people here in Peñasco, very nice guy I used to run into him at the black dog before the newspaper people owned it, he told me many stories but I can’t share on here, he was really pissed at this one lady that owned property on Sinaloa and the railroad tracks, and then he was really pissed off when her crooked son became a lawyer, Gus was a pilot maybe someone knows that story that would be willing to share it, I know your looking for stories of this nature MJ. I will share in person maybe Roberto would be willing to buy the beers.

There was this one retired DEA agent that worked most of his days chasing planes boats people here in Peñasco, very nice guy I used to run into him at the black dog before the newspaper people owned it, he told me many stories but I can’t share on here, he was really pissed at this one lady that owned property on Sinaloa and the railroad tracks, and then he was really pissed off when her crooked son became a lawyer, Gus was a pilot maybe someone knows that story that would be willing to share it, I know your looking for stories of this nature MJ. I will share in person maybe Roberto would be willing to buy the beers.
The story about Gus's plane was in the paper, I talked to his brother Danny about it and he stated the plane was taken and the lawyers
were attempting to get it back. I don't think he ever got it back though.
I'd get in on the cerveza thing and share. It would be an interesting evening. I've met MJ and meeting PlayaPerro and Roberto would be a plus.

playaperro

El Pirata
The story about Gus's plane was in the paper, I talked to his brother Danny about it and he stated the plane was taken and the lawyers
I'd get in on the cerveza thing and share. It would be an interesting evening. I've met MJ and meeting PlayaPerro and Roberto would be a plus.
This plane crashed in Mexico with the dea on his tale.

playaperro

El Pirata
That would be cool talk about the crazies on here. I wish that person that figured out who that lawyer Benji was. Was still around, who knows what happened to the bankruptcy lawyer. I remember Ernesto and Kenny went a few rounds with him.

That would be cool talk about the crazies on here. I wish that person that figured out who that lawyer Benji was. Was still around, who knows what happened to the bankruptcy lawyer. I remember Ernesto and Kenny went a few rounds with him.
There's a Benji Brown is Gus's brother about 20 years younger. I don't think he's a lawyer There was a guy named Rayal Taylor who ran Gus's SBR company for many years he may have been a lawyer. I think he retired. I didn't hear about Gus's plane crashing.

Kenny

Oh yes, Dry heat.
He must have just blown away. Or maybe he found someone who knew how to tie a tie so that he didn't have to wear a clip-on tie for his business picture and he then became a divorce lawyer? Ha, I found the picture and Jerry spotted the tie.

playaperro

El Pirata
There's a Benji Brown is Gus's brother about 20 years younger. I don't think he's a lawyer There was a guy named Rayal Taylor who ran Gus's SBR company for many years he may have been a lawyer. I think he retired. I didn't hear about Gus's plane crashing.
Sorry I confused you with my post Benji is not a brown he’s was a lawyer that posted under the call sign of dry heat.
Pretty sure Rayal and Gus are brother in laws seems they skipped town awhile back when shit hit the fan.
The older Gus Brown crashed the plane, Danny’s Dad, I have never lived in Choya so not very familiar with the family but did stay at Casa Blanca condos for awhile had a great view of the shoot out the marines had with macho prieto.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Yea, this is the info I was looking for. So interesting! I'd definitely be willing to chip in on the beers to hear some of these. Maybe even a little NIEVE from DOG.

Sorry I confused you with my post Benji is not a brown he’s was a lawyer that posted under the call sign of dry heat.
Pretty sure Rayal and Gus are brother in laws seems they skipped town awhile back when shit hit the fan.
The older Gus Brown crashed the plane, Danny’s Dad, I have never lived in Choya so not very familiar with the family but did stay at Casa Blanca condos for awhile had a great view of the shoot out the marines had with macho prieto.
More stories I haven't heard before. I knew Rayal was family connected somehow. Gus Jr. is living in Cholla these days,
Gus Sr. I had seen in Cholla occasionally during the last 15 years he was alive. He died 10ish years ago.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
More stories I haven't heard before. I knew Rayal was family connected somehow. Gus Jr. is living in Cholla these days,
Gus Sr. I had seen in Cholla occasionally during the last 15 years he was alive. He died 10ish years ago.
Why can't they ever finish their house next to the road down to Tucson Beach? It's been "under construction" for 10 years at least! I always see them doing something to it too so it's not exactly like they're not actively restoring or improving but it's at an absolute snails pace. Looks like a nice house too. The white house on Pinto Point has always been my favorite. I've heard rumors of a trap door that leads to the rocks below for a water exit????

Why can't they ever finish their house next to the road down to Tucson Beach? It's been "under construction" for 10 years at least! I always see them doing something to it too so it's not exactly like they're not actively restoring or improving but it's at an absolute snails pace. Looks like a nice house too. The white house on Pinto Point has always been my favorite. I've heard rumors of a trap door that leads to the rocks below for a water exit????
MJ the big white house near me on PP will be for sale sometime. I heard $1.5 mil, there's a ton of work still needed from sitting
without any upkeep for the past 10 years.
Gus's house next to Tucson Beach is a project, Gus has been living in a house across the street from it for years.
Wait till you see all the work being done on the lot where the old Cholla Motel was. Sadly Big $$ is ruining Cholla.