Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

RP Life

Well Known Member
Phase II starting Monday per Rocky Point 360

YES! Phase II of Puerto Peñasco reactivation steps are planned to go into effect on Monday, June 1st. This will provide for a reduced number of people inside certain establishments, expanding on the take-out/delivery restaurant options and appointment only services from Phase 1. Further details on adjustments during this Phase will be issued by the City Gobierno de Puerto Peñasco by Monday. (Sorry, this does not include beaches or pools - beaches dictated under federal steps, and pools following State health checks)

*Phase II June 1st – June 15th Note: 10 pm curfew siren remains in effect – as does restriction of # of people per vehicle (max 2 per car – with one in back seat and both with masks – for essential outings only - this is to reduce overall numbers of people and movement in town). ** Phase III is still anticipated for June 16th – when visitors will be welcomed back to town, and yes with various health and safety protocols in effect (though no siren!)
Stay tuned for local updates as we move toward Phase III!

Resident entry at heath filter / roadblock on north side of town along Peñasco – Sonoyta highway (through June 7)
* This is for individuals (Mexican and foreigners) whose primary full-time residence is in Puerto Peñasco. Must have photo ID and proof of residence with Puerto Peñasco address (in your name), use of thermal camera to check for temperatures and rapid testing on site if applicable (if someone has a high temp) IMPORTANT – NO COST FOR RAPID TEST. After a clear thermal check, you will sign a Letter of Commitment to self-isolate for 2 weeks and will be given a sticker for your car (yes, you can go out for essentials – the idea is to not see stickered vehicles roaming around during the self-isolation period). Residents returning during this time will also go through the City’s "sanitation tunnel" following thermal check (QAC components in spray; pets go through tunnel with you).
As Mexico's national "Healthy Distance" campaign ended this weekend, the Federal alert map will provide ongoing guidance to Mexico's "New Normal" as to determined risk in various regions across the country. This will be updated weekly based on regional tendency of Covid-19 cases, hospitalization tendencies, % of hospitalization occupancy, and detection of new cases. However, states are responsible for establishing corresponding reopening plans. Puerto Peñasco is currently on track to meet its gradual phasing in plans to help revive economic activities!

Our thanks to local developer Encantame Towers for the opportunity to join in on an informative conversation with Mayor Kiko Munro along with Rocky Point Times Newspaper to go over many of these important points #stayhealthy #inthistogether #samestormdifferentboats

www.facebook.com/rockypoint360/

Last edited:

RP Life

Well Known Member
I think the 2 people per car thing (1 in back seat) should of changed with Phase II.

I also would not put my pet through the tunnel to be sprayed.

Hopefully they will make some changes to this.

rplarry

Well Known Member
So, trying to be as informed as a retired guy can be, I'm reading this article linked here, and from what I'm reading - those Lysol disinfecting wipes we've been using to wipe surfaces down aren't that safe for us after all???
Already seeing that travelling to Mexico is getting more unlikely anytime soon, now I have to research my Lysol wipes?
damn. at least that 112 degree heat yesterday killed the virus, right?
All travel plans cancelled since mid-March, and no end in sight.
TRUST THE SCIENCE.
Keep trusting your experts.
They will never let you down.

Until... they change their prior recommendation 180° from their last “scientific” mandate.

Because of FEAR and a sheeple mentality, everyone has thrown common sense out the freaking window.

Why would you not know already, in advance, whether wiping something with your Lysol wipes is good for you or not?

I heard diesel fuel is great to kill Covid as well. Cheaper than Lysol wipes... Try that

RP Life

Well Known Member
June 16th – PHASE III
Beaches open
• Pools open
3 Incoming lanes at Sanitary Fence
• 1 Outgoing lane at Sanitary Fence
Spray Booth eliminated
• Complimentary masks handed out at Sanitary Fence (must be worn in common areas like Malecon)
• Thermal Camera scans all occupants with no need to exit the vehicle
• If all occupants are within normal temperature range you proceed into the city
• Infrared thermometer available if the camera shows high temp.
• COVID Rapid Tests available at no charge
No vehicle restrictions (i.e.: 2 persons per vehicle)
• Most restaurants and businesses open

The plan is for restaurants, businesses, and beaches to be open on June 16th and Mayor Kiko Munro said that we will all know, well in advance, specific details as to what to expect going into Phase III. For example, the sanitary fence will still be in place, but entry will be expanded to 3 lanes, instead of 1, the sanitation spray booth will most likely be eliminated, and the thermal camera will be used to scan everyone in your vehicle – fast and simple. The city will be releasing a Phase II graph on Monday, June 1st, which will detail businesses that can open and in what capacity as well as other anticipated information. In the meantime, below are some things we know you all are very interested in knowing about June 16th, so, if you haven’t made your reservation for June 16th…do so now!!

City Mayor, Kiko Munro was very candid saying that, “Puerto Peñasco will get COVID cases no matter what”, so the city is taking great measures to make it as safe as possible for all of us. He absolutely does not want our medical system overwhelmed so going through these phases gives them more time. In addition, businesses are being asked to adapt to a “new normal”, for now, and individuals are asked to follow certain protocols, which the city will make available soon. In the case of face masks, which is a hot topic, as of June 16th, the general public will still need to wear them in common areas such as the Malecon and Rodeo Drive, but not the beach areas. You will most likely have to wear one entering a restaurant, but not in the restaurant as they are following “social distancing” guidelines. Restaurant staff and other personnel will be required by the city to wear masks. Complimentary masks will be handed out at the Sanitary Filter and you need to grab one if you didn’t bring your own as some businesses may require them to be worn inside their place of business. I know this irks some of you, but you can decide whether or not to patronize that business or go into common areas. I am not a big fan of masks either, but keep in mind that everyone has their own opinions, reasons, fears, logic and it really is just a minor inconvenience for a brief amount of time. And don’t be surprised if you are asked to go through sanitation tunnels and to use hand sanitizer when entering businesses.

Our Mayor also said in the meeting this morning that the only thing that will prohibit us from opening up on June 16th, “is if there is an outbreak of COVID cases that we can’t control”, which the city does not expect and is why they took, and are taking, extreme measures during Phase I and II.
There are State and Federal Guidelines that have been published, but I am just focusing on what I know our readers are most interested in hearing. Rocky Point 360° will most likely go in-depth about these so check them out if you are interested. There has much chatter about the Federal “Stoplight” Map and a proposed Health Card, but I don’t want to expound on either of these items since the Health Card is just a “future idea” and the Map just causes confusion – at least for me, it does. Yes, there are Federal guidelines, but we are mostly concerned with what our Mayor does and what is relevant to our city and all of this “information” takes away from what we all really want to know, which is when can we come down, what can we expect, what rules do we need to follow…and when will the beaches be open??!!! Of course, we are always happy to answer any questions you have about information at the Federal and State levels, just email, phone, or DM us.

There are State and Federal Guidelines that have been published, but I am just focusing on what I know our readers are most interested in hearing. Rocky Point 360° will most likely go in-depth about these so check them out if you are interested. There has much chatter about the Federal “Stoplight” Map and a proposed Health Card, but I don’t want to expound on either of these items since the Health Card is just a “future idea” and the Map just causes confusion – at least for me, it does. Yes, there are Federal guidelines, but we are mostly concerned with what our Mayor does and what is relevant to our city and all of this “information” takes away from what we all really want to know, which is when can we come down, what can we expect, what rules do we need to follow…and when will the beaches be open??!!! Of course, we are always happy to answer any questions you have about information at the Federal and State levels, just email, phone, or DM us.

The majority of our wonderful readers and followers (and newbies) will be coming down on or after June 16th and here are some highlights of what you can expect. As I said, the city will make details available well in advance of the 16th and as of now, this is the plan.

What can you expect on June 16th?
As you enter Rocky Point, on or after June 16th, your vehicle will be scanned by a thermal camera. If anyone’s temperature reads high (above 37.5°C/99.5F), they will be asked to exit the vehicle and then scanned with an infrared thermometer. If the thermometer also shows high temperature, the person will then have the option to take the COVID Rapid Test, at no charge, or return to their point of origin. If the Rapid Test comes back positive for COVID-19, then they will be asked to return to where they came from. This will apply to EVERYONE in the vehicle as you may have all been exposed. I stress this because you will be ruining the vacation for everyone if you are feeling ill and come down anyway.

If you do show a high temperature via both the thermal camera and infrared thermometer, but your Rapid Test comes back negative, you will be asked to visit a healthcare provider to figure out why you are showing a high temperature - there very well may be something medically wrong with you.

If everyone in your vehicle shows a normal temperature range (below 37.5°C/99.5F) you will be permitted entrance to the city and no one will need to exit the vehicle to take a 2nd test. You will be on your way to the beach and lots of fun!!

The only other missing piece to getting “back to normal” will be lifting the border travel restrictions, which have been slated for June 22nd by the U.S. As far as coming into Mexico, Kiko stated that he is working very closely with the person in charge in Sonoyta and expects no problems with visitors entering Mexico on, and after June 16th. The border hours, to enter Mexico at Sonoyta, are currently 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM and 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM to re-enter the United States at Lukeville. For now, we are going with these hours and will update them as soon as we hear they have changed. (Our normal border hours are 6:00 AM to midnight.)

Mayor Kiko Munro stressed that he is being very cautious, and the city is taking every precaution so that we experience no relapse or setback of any kind. Many of us are desperately awaiting your return so we do not want to do anything to screw up our goal of opening on June 16th. I know some of you like to be rebels, as do I, but I am begging you to just hang in there and wait until June 16th to come down unless, of course, you are a full-time resident.

On June 16th you can most likely expect to have your temperature taken at some businesses around town like restaurants and when you check into your condo or hotel. I know it does seem redundant, after having gone through the Sanitary Filter, but it is just an added level of protection for everyone because we DO NOT want to go backward and have to shut everything down again. I, for one, do not want to go another 3 months not being able to visit my beaches and favorite establishments. So, please, please be patient and understanding and remember that these minor inconveniences will be totally worth it once you sink your toes in the sand and hit your favorite haunts.
Gobierno de Puerto Peñasco

www.facebook.com/groups/PuertoPenasco/?fref=nf

Last edited:

RP Life

Well Known Member
This was in the same article above, but was to long to post so I am adding it here for those that are needing to get back in that are full time residents.

Before we jump ahead to June 16th, I want to clear up some confusion and questions about our current Phase. Until June 7th, full-time residents are being allowed to return to their homes in Rocky Point. This does NOT include property owners who just want to come and check their property or hang out. A lot of people are being turned back for not being full-time residents and/or not having the proper documentation proving that they are full-time residents. So, if you do not live here full-time – as in you have NO other residence - please do not come down until June 16th. I know this is a bummer, but trust me, it will be well worth it come June 16th when everyone can come down!

During this current Phase II, detailed personal information is being collected when residents are entering town, and decals are being affixed to their vehicles, so this is why the lines have been long. The city is also using this time to learn what to do and what not to do – what problems/complications to expect - and what can be avoided or speed up when June 16th rolls around. Everyone should thank the full-time residents for being so patient! This time is also being used to educate everyone from the city itself to the Army, Police, Red Cross, Military, etc. Remember, they have lots of questions themselves as this is a NEW experience for everyone and EVERYONE is looking to the city for answers, as are we. We know that you all are very eager to get to Rocky Point, but please, please, wait until June 16th to give everyone time to make your next trip to Rocky Point a breeze, and please bring your patience with you.

Roberto

Well Known Member
A lot of people are being turned back for not being full-time residents and/or not having the proper documentation proving that they are full-time residents.
So what are the current proper documents requirements to prove you are a full time resident. And how many copies do you need to provide.???? And how long before they approve your documents and issue the permit? Anyone know?

And BTW there are lots of visitors coming in I watched a 10 motorcycle group from Caborca yesterday. I was questioned about what to do by some folks who just got in from Arizona. I am more afraid of leaving the house because of the changing and vague regulations than the virus.

Roberto

Well Known Member
It is absurd to require proof that you own NO OTHER residents. Where? in Mexico, Penasco , Arizona, CHina. There is no way to do that . NONE It is also not a services to the citizens to post such incomplete information. I have been in lockup since day one and am more confused than ever. Bummer does not begin to describe it. If you cannot get reliable information that is understandable, confirmable and makes sense please do not post anything.

A lot of people are being turned back for not being full-time residents and/or not having the proper documentation proving that they are full-time residents. So, if you do not live here full-time – as in you have NO other residence - please do not come down until June 16th. I know this is a bummer, but trust me, it will be well worth it come June 16th when everyone can come down!

I have a Bank Trust, CONDEFA bills, Ooomapas bills. what is the proof I do not have more than one home somewhere in Penasco or elsewhere in the world. ?? Yea yea I meant MEXiCO so say MEXICO...

RP Life

Well Known Member
It is absurd to require proof that you own NO OTHER residents. Where? in Mexico, Penasco , Arizona, CHina. There is no way to do that . NONE It is also not a services to the citizens to post such incomplete information. I have been in lockup since day one and am more confused than ever. Bummer does not begin to describe it. If you cannot get reliable information that is understandable, confirmable and makes sense please do not post anything.

A lot of people are being turned back for not being full-time residents and/or not having the proper documentation proving that they are full-time residents. So, if you do not live here full-time – as in you have NO other residence - please do not come down until June 16th. I know this is a bummer, but trust me, it will be well worth it come June 16th when everyone can come down!

I have a Bank Trust, CONDEFA bills, Ooomapas bills. what is the proof I do not have more than one home somewhere in Penasco or elsewhere in the world. ?? Yea yea I meant MEXiCO so say MEXICO...
This info was from a sit down with Kiko (Mayor), Rocky Point 360, Rocky Point Times and Encantame Towers to help bring clarity. So if you want concrete info then contact them. Don't shoot the messenger. I have been in lock down the same amount of time as you and I understand your frustration. Good info is hard to come by in Mexico so we have to still try to make sense of the nonsense we have been given.

Calmate Roberto ya casi termina

Roberto

Well Known Member
Well if you wanna be a cheerleader be clear on what you are cheering about. Entame Towers??? You are obviously important enough for someone to invite you to a sit down with the mayor. Cheer all you want but how about cheering for some clarity, not just hold your breath and trust me ,. Oh yeah and don't ask any more questions.

RP Life

Well Known Member
Well if you wanna be a cheerleader be clear on what you are cheering about. Entame Towers??? You are obviously important enough for someone to invite you to a sit down with the mayor. Cheer all you want but how about cheering for some clarity, not just hold your breath and trust me ,. Oh yeah and don't ask any more questions.
We did not sit down with the mayor....They sat down with the mayor and wrote this and posted as to what is going to be expected in Phase III. I copied it and thought it would be helpful info. It was not written by me. I posted the link as to where it came from.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
I had breakfast at Max’s this morning. only one waitress was employed during the lockdown to service take out orders. The rest were unemployed for two months. If you are in town go to all of your favorite restaurants and tip generously.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I had breakfast at Max’s this morning. only one waitress was employed during the lockdown to service take out orders. The rest were unemployed for two months. If you are in town go to all of your favorite restaurants and tip generously.
A lot of people in Rocky Point were still working "take out" over the last few months. Just depends on which house in Cholla Bay they were taking it out of...

Roberto

Well Known Member
Well so much for phase II. More clarity is needed. Police came and shut Max's down today. Apparently a dispute between the City and State about Phase II opening. City says yes, State says no. Interesting that the owners/managers of the affected businesses say they do not get any official word from the state or city about the rules. . They are in the dark as much as everyone else.

richwi

Well Known Member
Well so much for phase II. More clarity is needed. Police came and shut Max's down today. Apparently a dispute between the City and State about Phase II opening. City says yes, State says no. Interesting that the owners/managers of the affected businesses say they do not get any official word from the state or city about the rules. . They are in the dark as much as everyone else.
There is an article about this on the Periodico de Frente facebook news site.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Everything is fluid right now (and they are trying to keep others fluid off you), rules are being made on the fly since no one has ever dealt with this kind of stuff before. We are doing our best to stay out of the way......it'll be over soon or we will have to never leave our house again....it's that simple. It's not fun at all but it is simple. My wife has to ride in the back seat if we go anywhere together so its kind of like "driving ms Daisy" but it is driving ms Naomi.....