Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

RP Life

This was on Rocky Point 360 Facebook
Puerto Peñasco dining out tips...

1. We need to follow the guidelines set up. Wearing a mask to enter the restaurant and using the sanitizer station before entering. Some places may require you to keep your mask close by or even on your chin for now.
2. There will be limits on the number of people who can sit together. Don't expect to sit with 15 of your closest friends.
3. There are some places where children can not come to (12 and under). Check before you go.
4. There may be an enter only door and an exit only door. Follow those guidelines
5. Have patience. Your servers are following guidelines for your safety and ours. It’s not their rules. They are just doing their job. It may take longer to get you a fork, or ketchup, or a straw. There is a process.
6. If they ask you to wait outside, or return to your seat..it is because they cant have people “ visiting or gathering” other groups.
7. Make reservations when possible. It will help you and the restaurant be able to operate more smoothly.
8.Most importantly TIP! TIP! TIP! And tip generously if possible. Believe me, they need it and are grateful. Let them know verbally it is good to have them back.

We have missed you all, but please understand life is different here than in the states. Our guidelines are different. We are guests here, and have worked hard for the past three months to get through this. Please respect the rules. Not doing so will only set us back and hurt businesses and people.

www.facebook.com/rockypoint360/

The keyword is: 3. There are some places where children can not come to (12 and under). Check before you go.
We'll know more in 11 days.

rplarry

The keyword is: 3. There are some places where children can not come to (12 and under). Check before you go.
We'll know more in 11 days.
So, just like here in the states where there is no commonsense, no rational protocol, no consistency or rational explanation...

some restaurants will allow children and other restaurants will not ??

Makes a lot of sense to me.

BTW, they need to correct #5. From my recollection, they don’t allow straws in Rocky Point anymore.

“BTW, they need to correct #5. From my recollection, they don’t allow straws in Rocky Point anymore.”

I was offered and declined a straw with my ice water at breakfast yesterday.

Last week I had a total of six meals out in three different restaurants. At one meal I saw a Mexican family with two children, probably under 12. At one meal there was my group, mixed nationalities over 50, and another group, gringo heavy and over 40. At the other four meals, I (alone or with a single partner) had the place to myself.

The fundamental observation here is hardly anyone is eating out in town right now. Occupancy in the condo buildings is low and the hotels are presumably empty. There is a multinational group of diehards that has stayed in town through this whole thing, and most of them have adapted to cooking at home.

richwi

So, just like here in the states where there is no commonsense, no rational protocol, no consistency or rational explanation...

some restaurants will allow children and other restaurants will not ??

Makes a lot of sense to me.

BTW, they need to correct #5. From my recollection, they don’t allow straws in Rocky Point anymore.
They can have straws, but they're supposed to be paper. Then again, a lot of things are SUPPOSED to happen :)

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
And speaking of things supposed to be happening,any building going on there? Encantame Towers, LP Phase 3?
Everything came to a stop due to the pandemic. I expect things to get back underway in September - October across the board.

And speaking of things supposed to be happening,any building going on there? Encantame Towers, LP Phase 3?
Some of the projects in town are being built by work crews out of Hermosillo. I suppose it will be phase 3 before they are let in. Some smaller projects never stopped.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Some of the projects in town are being built by work crews out of Hermosillo. I suppose it will be phase 3 before they are let in. Some smaller projects never stopped.
True story. In 2008 my family and I were staying at Las Palomas for 4 days. Every morning my mother would get up early, have breakfast and then go down to the pool to reserve or occupy seats at the pool for us for the rest of the day. She befriended a lady that was from Washington state. The lady and her husband had already "purchased" a unit in phase 3. I had told my mom the back story about why phase 3 construction had slowed to almost a halt previous to our trip. The lady told my mom that Las Palomas had told them that the construction would resume and that their condo would be done by December of 10. 12 years later and still nothing. You have to feel for some of these people that have 100k tied up in an uncompleted tower in RP... What do you do?! There's pry no legal recourse so you just wait and maybe one day it will be completed????!!! So rough!

playaperro

El Pirata
Beaches and pools will not open on the 16 of this month ordered by the Mex government, will you still come down?

Beaches and pools will not open on the 16 of this month ordered by the Mex government, will you still come down?
I'll be down the 18th, there's a little secret beach near my place in Cholla, I'm planning on visiting.
Also taking care of my CFE bill and readying my house for us being away for most of the summer.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We need definition of "beaches"... I could easily see the boat ramp area in Cholla Bay still being closed. That would do no good for kayaking and fishing... I think we're waiting for some "test rats" to go first for a couple of weeks and then make it down mid July... OJALA PUES

RP Life

This was on Rocky Point 360 Facebook an hour ago
They are still meeting today to finalize this. So this is not the final draft, but gives you an idea as to what to expect.

June 9 - A morning conversation starter to go with coffee ('cause it's too early for tequila, right?)...How about a relaxed stay at home, with a view and an opportunity to really show support for the local economy ? According to local officials (City Secretary and Municipal Health Coordinator) yesterday, Puerto Peñasco does plan to gradually open the gate for visitors on June 16th - though a bit more cautious and even more gradual than many of us had envisioned. NOTE: Yet to be finalized and approved proposals include:
* Entry to town only with a confirmed reservation - have original reservation and ID with you (to control # of people entering) until further notice. Hotels to be open at 40% capacity, Resorts at 70%
* All hotels, resorts, rental agencies MUST have signed letter of commitment with the City and have completed health protocol certification
* Health filter protocols to remain in place at northern entrance to town - possibly to include sanitizing tunnel after all
* Restaurants open at 40% capacity - please support them
* Golf courses open - with certain health protocol in place - yes, support them as well
* 10 pm curfew to remain in effect.
* Visitors under same City guidelines that residents have been following: use of masks in public settings, outings only for essentials - including meals at restaurants
* Beaches and pools presently remain closed * updates to be posted as soon as available
* Marina presently remains closed to excursions, sports fishing * Updates to be posted as soon as available

The Municipal Health & Safety Board is meeting today to discuss and approve (and possibly modify.?..) these recent proposals.

This was on Rocky Point 360 Facebook an hour ago
They are still meeting today to finalize this. So this is not the final draft, but gives you an idea as to what to expect.

June 9 - A morning conversation starter to go with coffee ('cause it's too early for tequila, right?)...How about a relaxed stay at home, with a view and an opportunity to really show support for the local economy ? According to local officials (City Secretary and Municipal Health Coordinator) yesterday, Puerto Peñasco does plan to gradually open the gate for visitors on June 16th - though a bit more cautious and even more gradual than many of us had envisioned. NOTE: Yet to be finalized and approved proposals include:
* Entry to town only with a confirmed reservation - have original reservation and ID with you (to control # of people entering) until further notice. Hotels to be open at 40% capacity, Resorts at 70%
* All hotels, resorts, rental agencies MUST have signed letter of commitment with the City and have completed health protocol certification
* Health filter protocols to remain in place at northern entrance to town - possibly to include sanitizing tunnel after all
* Restaurants open at 40% capacity - please support them
* Golf courses open - with certain health protocol in place - yes, support them as well
* 10 pm curfew to remain in effect.
* Visitors under same City guidelines that residents have been following: use of masks in public settings, outings only for essentials - including meals at restaurants
* Beaches and pools presently remain closed * updates to be posted as soon as available
* Marina presently remains closed to excursions, sports fishing * Updates to be posted as soon as available

The Municipal Health & Safety Board is meeting today to discuss and approve (and possibly modify.?..) these recent proposals.

So this is the latest on the June 16th opening as of 11:30AM Tuesday 6/9.
They are letting people in with reservations for hotel's and condos.

What about homeowners who have places in LC, Cholla, Costa Diamante, etc? Will we be allowed in?
I know last week was for homeowners who had Perm Res Cards, what about the many who don't have a Perm Res Card.
I can prove I own a house with CFE, Bank Trust and Tax bill.
Opinions, Thx

Last edited: