Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

So this is the latest on the June 16th opening as of 11:30AM Tuesday 6/9.
They are letting people in with reservations for hotel's and condos.

What about homeowners who have places in LC, Cholla, Costa Diamante, etc? Will we be allowed in?
I know last week was for homeowners who had Perm Res Cards, what about the many who don't have a Perm Res Card.
I can prove I own a house with CFE, Bank Trust and Tax bill.
Opinions, Thx
Nothing is certain. My wife had to go back to California for a week and returned during the period residents were allowed back in. She had a residence card and CFE bill. It was perfunctory. Nothing to sign, no decal on car. Painless. The next day, so we heard, some people were being turned away, and everyone let through was getting the third degree.

i would bring every proof you have, be polite and generally bring your A-game. I’m glad we went through the expense and hassle to get residence cards. They seem to diffuse some of the drama crossing the border and at assorted checkpoints. I believe the US CBP agents know we‘re Mexican residents. Before we got our cards we always got questioned as to why were in Mexico. Once we got residency those questions stopped immediately.

Things are going back to normal, but it’s a new normal, and I bet the value of having legal residency is only going up.

Thx, I don't have a residency card yet, but will bring my CFE bill, property tax receipts, bank trust receipt. And give that a try next week.

RP Life

This is showing under the government of puerto penasco facebook 6/9/20 @ 6 pm

Commercial establishments are reopening their doors, little by little and respecting the healthy distance, we are getting back to normal. Our goal is getting closer and everything looks like we can reopen our beaches next June 16th.

www.facebook.com/gobiernoptopco/

I would like some clarification if possible. I have been reading on various facebook sites that starting on the 16th tourist with reservations can come down. What I have also seen is that owners of homes that do not rent can not come down even if they have permanent residency. They missed the window of opportunity. Can anyone help me understand what exactly is going on here.

I would think if the beaches open on the 16th, tourists and owners should also be able to come to RP. The beaches aren't opening for the locals. They are opening for the tourist dollars.

richwi

We sold our house in the Phx area to move full time to our home in Penasco literally just as the closures happened. Our stuff is now in storage and we are waiting patiently (OK not so patiently), living in an AirBnB. With some of the restrictions being lifted we planned to come down to our house next week. I have read here and on some Facebook groups that the ONLY people being let in next week are those with hotel reservations but homeowners still cannot return. I have looked for the source of this "information" but cannot find one, just the normal "poor little me, I get treated so unfairly" crap. Does anyone have a source that shows whether or not those of us who have homes in Penasco can return next week?

Not to be rude, but I am really not looking for opinions, just a real source if this is true. Thanks!

RP Life

Updated on Rocky Point 360 Facebook 6/10/20

June 10 - Municipal Safety & Health Advisory Board approved Phase III for June 16th to include:
* Entry with confirmed reservation and official ID (have printed documents with you)
* Available capacity hotels 40%, resorts 70%, home rentals 100%
* Pools to be opened at hotels and resorts
* Federal Zone on beach (in front of hotels and resorts) to be open - entry to water not permitted
* Health filter north of town to remain in effect including use of thermal cameras and sanitizing tunnel, as well as sanitizing of vehicle
For questions and clarification, please contact Gobierno de Puerto Peñasco Kiko Munro

www.facebook.com/rockypoint360/

RP Life

We sold our house in the Phx area to move full time to our home in Penasco literally just as the closures happened. Our stuff is now in storage and we are waiting patiently (OK not so patiently), living in an AirBnB. With some of the restrictions being lifted we planned to come down to our house next week. I have read here and on some Facebook groups that the ONLY people being let in next week are those with hotel reservations but homeowners still cannot return. I have looked for the source of this "information" but cannot find one, just the normal "poor little me, I get treated so unfairly" crap. Does anyone have a source that shows whether or not those of us who have homes in Penasco can return next week?

Not to be rude, but I am really not looking for opinions, just a real source if this is true. Thanks!
6/10/2020
Rocky point 360 has been updated here is the link. It says no entry to individual homes.

www.rockypoint360.com/unanimous-approval-for-phase-iii-penascos-reactivation-plan/

He detailed, on June 16th, entry will be allowed to visitors solely who can accredit they have a reservation at locations detailed above, emphasizing access will be restricted for those without a reservation or wishing to stay at individual homes or with families, as there is no control of health measures or healthy distancing in homes.

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
"Federal Zone on beach (in front of hotels and resorts) to be open - entry to water not permitted * Federal Zone on beach (in front of hotels and resorts) to be open - entry to water not permitted".

GTFOH!!!! This is going to be such a nightmare!

So basically the beach is open but you can't get into the ocean to swim????? No sport fishing????

And the town closes at 10pm???????

Come on, who in their right mind would want to go down on the 16th with this bullshit? Everyday it becomes more clear that I may not see RP again until the end of the year if at all. July was wishful but not if you can't do anything and I have to go through this entire hassle... Shit is so stupid. Cases are skyrocketing in AZ and Mexico.... Either reopen or don't. This wishy washy details changing daily is frustrating and doesn't provide reassurance to people who have investment and or visitors looking to spend money.

On a side note. I've been window shopping Air BnB and other sites for places in San Diego. It is official. Rocky Point is now more expensive of a destination than San Diego. What a fucking joke.

Strike 1. Las Conchas HOA guard casita Kiko Monroe fiasco.
Strike 2. 2 week raw sewage broken pipe
Strike 3. Not being able to visit our own home
Strike 4. Allowing rentals into low populated areas when homeowners at this time are not allowed. Increase for break ins

Thinking very hard about travelling 2800 miles to relax in our own home this winter especially when the carpet can get pulled from beneath you at anytime.

Gotta love Mexico. Maybe not for much longer.

Roberto

This includes 70% capacity at resorts and condos, 40% capacity for hotels, and 100% available capacity for rental homes.

He detailed, on June 16th, entry will be allowed to visitors solely who can accredit they have a reservation at locations detailed above, emphasizing access will be restricted for those without a reservation or wishing to stay at individual homes or with families, as there is no control of health measures or healthy distancing in homes.

“It will be mandatory to show an official ID, present a reservation document for hotel, condominium, rental home, or something similar.

Seem there is some confusion. This is an obvious oversight. You can rent a house but not stay in your own home?? I suppose you could rent yourself your own home? You just have to have the paperwork to show at the crossing. It may be a confusion from the translation as the original is in Spanish..

"Federal Zone on beach (in front of hotels and resorts) to be open - entry to water not permitted * Federal Zone on beach (in front of hotels and resorts) to be open - entry to water not permitted".

So basically the beach is open but you can't get into the ocean to swim????? No sport fishing????

Come on, who in their right mind would want to go down on the 16th with this bullshit? Everyday it becomes more clear that I may not see RP again until the end of the year if at all. July was wishful but not if you can't do anything and I have to go through this entire hassle... Shit is so stupid. Cases are skyrocketing in AZ and Mexico.... Either reopen or don't. This wishy washy details changing daily is frustrating and doesn't provide reassurance to people who have investment and or visitors looking to spend money.

On a side note. I've been window shopping Air BnB and other sites for places in San Diego. It is official. Rocky Point is now more expensive of a destination than San Diego. What a fucking joke.
I have to agree Joe, Penasco's message about opening has been cloudy all along.
The rules seem to change at the check point from day to day or shift to shift.
Penasco has never been a real bargain to visit like many places further south.
Restaurants are close to Phx prices but not San Diego expensive. A beer further south is $1.50-2.00 vs the $3-3.50 in Penasco.
Rentals are anywhere from cheap to expensive depending on location and if the owner is actually
collecting and paying the taxes and fees that are supposed to go to Penasco, Anytime you see a PM me for a deal
it's usually an off the books rental.
Penasco has it's issues, but for me to be at the ocean 4 hours from my Phx house and 150 ft from my Cholla place is perfect.

RP Life

In order to be on the approved Rental list then these items would have to be completed.

All hotels, resorts, rental agencies MUST have signed letter of commitment with the City and have completed health protocol certification.

IMPORTANT!! For ANY business (restaurant, upcoming openings, etc.) you MUST follow the steps outlined by City including 1. Letter of Commitment (available at Economic Development Office at City Hall 8 am - 3 pm) 2. Participate in course provided by Protección Civil on health guidelines (receive certificate) 3. Have establishment sanitized - this is free (if done by City / Protección Civil) or once you reach this step, you can contract a local business (who also could REALLY use the business) and then have Protección Civil verify. THESE ARE NECESSARY STEPS FOR ANY BUSINESS/RESTAURANT PLANNING TO REOPEN.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!

stay home

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
In order to be on the approved Rental list then these items would have to be completed.

All hotels, resorts, rental agencies MUST have signed letter of commitment with the City and have completed health protocol certification.

IMPORTANT!! For ANY business (restaurant, upcoming openings, etc.) you MUST follow the steps outlined by City including 1. Letter of Commitment (available at Economic Development Office at City Hall 8 am - 3 pm) 2. Participate in course provided by Protección Civil on health guidelines (receive certificate) 3. Have establishment sanitized - this is free (if done by City / Protección Civil) or once you reach this step, you can contract a local business (who also could REALLY use the business) and then have Protección Civil verify. THESE ARE NECESSARY STEPS FOR ANY BUSINESS/RESTAURANT PLANNING TO REOPEN.
stay home