Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

And no, I have not served Pete. I thought I was protected under the United States constitution under free speech and having the right to voice my opinion. Again, hard to believe for some but this is a DISCUSSION FORUM not a FACT FORUM. We discuss topics with opinions, some times supported by fact.
And since you haven't served, your opinions means shit.

If you are a Canadian currently in Puerto Peñasco the border status is an issue. There is no problem going south and US citizens with passports have no problem going north.
I believe the Canadian /American land border is only open to essential traffic . Does not include tourists.

RP Life

Update on Rocky Point 360 Facebook 6/14/20

The Puerto Peñasco Convention and Visitors Bureau Come to Rocky Point has provided information as to requirements on coming into town, as well as a list (to be continually updated) on Certified / Sanitized hotels / resorts / rental companies.
It is also important to keep in mind, as Puerto Peñasco enters this next phase on June 16th:
* Entry to the city will require a reservation at one of the Certified / Sanitized locations (found on the Come to Rocky Point page); as well as for condominium owners - contact your HOA for more information and instructions
* When going through Sonoyta after crossing border, MASKS ARE REQUIRED in your vehicle and don't forget speed limit is 25 MPH
* Pools at resorts & hotels will be open
* Golf courses open
* Only the concession beach area in front of hotels & resorts will be open (as of the latest info this week) - This includes the palapas in front of various resorts. The rest of the beach and to the water is not open yet.
* 10 pm curfew across the city
* Restaurants are open at 40% capacity (Check with them to see which days they are open - some have opened only 4 days a week)
* Nightclubs and bars (which aren't part of restaurant) are closed
* ATV (max 1 person) and RZR (max 2 people) rentals will be allowed, helmet law is in effect
* There is a city recommendation (this is not mandatory) to limit travel for children under 12 or adults over 65
* Be alert that in some locations (supermarkets, different restaurants) children under 12 are not allowed in
* MASKS (nose/mouth coverings) are REQUIRED in public spaces across the city. This includes shops, grocery stores, walking into restaurants - Please help out these businesses by following guidelines so they don't get fined
* The present limit on only 2 people per car will no longer be in effect - however EVERYONE in the car (when more than 1) MUST wear mask (and when just 1, have mask readily available)
* Malecon (boardwalk area, street vendors) is closed. Only certified/sanitized establishments in that area will be open

www.facebook.com/rockypoint360/

ben21

I'm debating taking the family down for the 4th of July. The checkpoints seem like a pain, and not having beach access is also a big negative. I guess we'll monitor the situation and see how things unfold in the next few weeks.

So if I read this right, I still can’t go to my house in Cholla?
I’ve thought about this for someone else. I think your best option is to get a booking for a minimum stay at one of the approved places on the cometorockypoint web site and then eat the cost. Makes little sense. I suspect that the city is running out of money and they need a fast infusion of tax revenue to meet payroll.

Roberto

And when that booking/rental goes through the city's new central desanatization, tax collection, booger pickin, OOMAPAS, etc records?? Will your name appear there as an owner/ renter?? If not it will soon, as you will soon be required to desanatize and register said desanitisation with the city, using only approved chemicals and equipment using techniques of approved , trained technicians. I think soon ALL owners will be. All visitors will be at the new desanitation stops when they register, report their rental destination, and get their spray down and their new ID visitor ID cards. Owners will get their new ID cards at completion and certification of their initial treatment.. Remember. It's all about disease control. Oh my goodness, look here. This person was register to have ony 3 bottles of beer but there are 15 empties in the trash??
Bye bye to off the books tax and fees rentals.

There has been some discussion of requiring car and window washers to be sprayed down

Last edited:

Roberto

So if I read this right, I still can’t go to my house in Cholla?
Correct, Owners have no established way to visit. You could rent a legal place and go and visit and stay at your house since assumedly it is not registered and no one will be there to check or record your visit. If someone comes by just tell them you are there for the decontamination. thins are so confusion no one knows anything.

I’m going to be purposely vague but I saw something interesting over the weekend. I saw between 6 and 10 street legal 4 wheel drive vehicles, coming from the direction of San Louis Rio Colorado and traveling at high speed off road, bypass he checkpoints and enter town. They were traveling in a convoy.

RP Life

Certified property list on Rocky Point Times Newspaper Facebook

CERTIFIED PROPERTIES
List complete as of 6:50 AM, June 15th, 2020
cometorockypoint.com
Contact your Rental Company, HOA, or Hotel/Accommodation for additional information and protocols to follow.

RESORTS
Las Palomas Beach and Golf Resort

HOA
Sonoran Sky

PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Casago
FMI Rentals
Kivoya
Oceano Rentals
Peñasco Sales and Rentals
ProServices Rocky Point

HOTELS
Hotel Best Western Laos Mar
Hotel Playa Bonita
Hotel Viña del Mar
Hotel Lluvia del Mar
Hotel Paraiso del Desierto
Hotel Plaza Peñasco
Hotel Mar y Sol

RV PARKS
Playa Bonita
Playa de Oro

INDEPENDENT RENTALS
Casa Jardin del Mar
Casy Lucy

(posted 6/15/20 6:50 AM)

www.facebook.com/RockyPointTimes/

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I’m going to be purposely vague but I saw something interesting over the weekend. I saw between 6 and 10 street legal 4 wheel drive vehicles, coming from the direction of San Louis Rio Colorado and traveling at high speed off road, bypass he checkpoints and enter town. They were traveling in a convoy.
The cavalry has arrived!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Certified property list on Rocky Point Times Newspaper Facebook

CERTIFIED PROPERTIES
List complete as of 6:50 AM, June 15th, 2020
cometorockypoint.com
Contact your Rental Company, HOA, or Hotel/Accommodation for additional information and protocols to follow.

RESORTS
Las Palomas Beach and Golf Resort

HOA
Sonoran Sky

PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Casago
FMI Rentals
Kivoya
Oceano Rentals
Peñasco Sales and Rentals
ProServices Rocky Point

HOTELS
Hotel Best Western Laos Mar
Hotel Playa Bonita
Hotel Viña del Mar
Hotel Lluvia del Mar
Hotel Paraiso del Desierto
Hotel Plaza Peñasco
Hotel Mar y Sol

RV PARKS
Playa Bonita
Playa de Oro

INDEPENDENT RENTALS
Casa Jardin del Mar
Casy Lucy

(posted 6/15/20 6:50 AM)

www.facebook.com/RockyPointTimes/
I've seen Casa Jardin on AirBnB... I believe they are single unit ocean front in Las Conchas if it's the same casa jardin. I feel bad for anyone that doesn't read the news or search for information before booking. How many people are going to book on Air BnB and be turned around at the stop?! These new rules are absolutely ridiculous!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

Mexico is thinking about classifying tourism as ESSENTIAL. 11 million people are relying on tourism $$$$. I'd be happy to INFUSE a few hundred AMERICAN dollars INMEDIATAMENTE!!!!!

RP Life

Just in case the hoarders are coming we bought a pack of toilet paper from Sam's Club today. They also have clorox wipes back finally. Looks like they got a shipment in. They also have flavored liquid creamer in vanilla and caramel.

Last edited:
Correct, Owners have no established way to visit. You could rent a legal place and go and visit and stay at your house since assumedly it is not registered and no one will be there to check or record your visit. If someone comes by just tell them you are there for the decontamination. thins are so confusion no one knows anything.
The local residences will turn you in to the police if they see you there. Trust me I know, I had a visit from the police when I was down last month.

ernesto

Can my dog be on the beach? She loves to chase frisbees from the porch, gets in the water though, might be a problem. Pretty sure she's covid free.

Rocky Point Dan Newsletter from this morning (6/16 | 9:20am) contained a list of approved properties & management companies, it looks to be an updated version of the list RPLIfe sent yesterday:

APPROVED LIST:

RESORTS

• LAS PALOMAS BEACH & GOLF RESORT
  • LAS PALMAS RESERVATIONS
HOA
  • SONORAN SKY
  • SONORAN SEA
  • SONORAN SUN
  • SONORAN SPA
  • LAS PALOMAS BEACH & GOLF RESORT
  • CASA BLANCA
  • PRINCESA