Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

RP Life

Well Known Member
Puerto Peñasco reaches 13 Covid-19 cases
As of last Saturday (June 13th), Puerto Peñasco reached a total of 13 confirmed Covid-19 cases. This comes as Sonora itself was categorized for a second week in a row at the “red” maximum health risk level on the nation’s “risk alert stoplight.”

Sonora Health Secretary Enrique Clausen Iberri insisted the challenge now is for Sonora to change from red to orange on the federal health alert, which will only be possible with the commitment of the community, State government, health sector, and City administrations.

Puerto Peñasco has reported 13 confirmed cases of coronavirus since April 22nd, with one death, 11 recoveries and 1 active case, while nearby Sonoyta has had 27 confirmed cases, and two deaths. From March 16th – June 15th, Sonora has reported 5062 cases and 432 deaths.

https://rockypoint360.com/puerto-penasco-reaches-13-covid-19-cases/

RP Life

Well Known Member
Governors in Mexico propose making tourism an essential activity
The proposal to deem tourism an essential activity in Mexico was presented at last week’s virtual meeting of the Executive Tourism Commission of the National Governors Conference (CANAGO), along with various members of the Federal cabinet, including Interior Secretary Olga Sánchez Cordero, Health Secretary Jorge Alcocer Varela, as well as Tourism Secretary Miguel Torruco Marqués.

The governors, including Sonora Governor Claudia Pavlovich and Mexico City mayor Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo, made several proposals that led to three agreements:

First – pick up the conversation again with results of the weekly “stoplight” health alert; Second – seek alternatives for each State in order to simultaneously stratify the epidemiology and dependence of the state’s economy on tourism; and Third – instrument protocols under the joint guidance of Sectur (Ministry of Tourism) and IMSS (Social Security Institute).

Mexican Tourism Secretary Torruco Marqués expressed that nationally tourism is one of the hardest hit areas due to the coronavirus, as it represents 8.7% of Mexico’s GDP and the creation of eleven million direct and indirect jobs. He specified that last year Mexico received 45 million international tourists, which is a 9% increase over 2018, and economic revenue of over 24 billion dollars. He added that tourism had the highest positive commercial balance, at 14.7 billion dollars, while tourist spending in the country topped 142 billion dollars.

Within this context, Torruco Marqués requested that Health Secretary Jorge Alcocer Varela and Deputy Secretary Hugo López-Gatell, the latter who has been the country’s front man during this health emergency, to reconsider tourism as an essential activity both for the good of the economy, as well as for the good of so many jobs currently at risk.

He added the tourism industry is one that must be cared for, protected, and above all reevaluated in order to move forward through the problems caused by the global pandemic.

Olga Sánchez Cordero, Secretary of the Interior, agreed tourism should resume, though adapt to a series of changes to ensure it is done as safely as possible. She maintained her commitment and openness to dialog with the governors and mayor of Mexico City, in designing strategies to recover tourism activities during Mexico’s “New Normal”, while urging all to continue to work together to reactivate different parts of the Mexican economy on which millions of family depend.

https://rockypoint360.com/governors-in-mexico-propose-making-tourism-an-essential-activity/

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We've all seen so much smoke and mirrors that will we even recognize something true?
Still trying to figure out no kayaks or boats??? But you can congregate in the LP pool??? This has turned into a CIRCUS sponsored by ENCANTAME TOWERS. I wonder if the cartel following the strict guidelines???

RP Life

Well Known Member
update on Rocky Point 360

This was changed on 6/15/20

The previous limit on only 2 people per car will no longer be in effect. However, EVERYONE in the car must have a mask readily available as they are still required in Public Spaces (Update on June 15th by Mayor: families in car together don’t each have to wear a mask – but you need one when you get out in any public space)

https://rockypoint360.com/puerto-penasco-opens-its-doors-to-tourism/

Roberto

Well Known Member
We like to know about business relationships,especially when messages have a repetitive element. While we appreciate your passing along things you feel are important from press releases, meeting etc. and such, what is your relationship with Enacantame Towers. Are they the only business that has anything to do with the city's actions over the virus? Can you tell us what their relationship, if any, with the city is? The forum has has a past relationship with Encantame Towers. To be open it is probably not a very good one. Ya'll had a goofball on here acting real stupid. You can read the old posts.

RP Life

Well Known Member
Like I said before I do not know any of these people personally. Not the mayor, Encantame Towers, Rocky Point 360, Rocky Point Times or anyone else that has authority in Penasco. If I did I would not be wasting my time on here to get 2nd hand information. I was only trying to help to pass updated information to those that are trying to follow the current rules and do not want to get fined. So if you are not interested in what I post Block Me.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Like I said before I do not know any of these people personally. Not the mayor, Encantame Towers, Rocky Point 360, Rocky Point Times or anyone else that has authority in Penasco. If I did I would not be wasting my time on here to get 2nd hand information. I was only trying to help to pass updated information to those that are trying to follow the current rules and do not want to get fined. So if you are not interested in what I post Block Me.
Hey guy chill out. I already told you I appreciate your effort here. Was a question.. Search encantame here and see why I was curious . We have a lot of games here have a laugh.

Read it over and you will realize I asked about Encantame, that was pretty much it. I am still curious why he is the only business I see invited to meetings. I think it's a fair question given all the problems here.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Hey guy chill out. I already told you I appreciate your effort here. Was a question.. Search encantame here and see why I was curious . We have a lot of games here have a laugh.

Read it over and you will realize I asked about Encantame, that was pretty much it. I am still curious why he is the only business I see invited to meetings. I think it's a fair question given all the problems here.
what makes you think that Encantame is the only business invited to the meetings?

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!

what makes you think that Encantame is the business invited to the meetings?
Don't be coy. Is there anything that you would like to share with us along those lines Russ?
i meant to say only business there are a good number represented.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
I don't understand why Penasco opened up to visitors, but people who own homes cannot go to their residences: "For at least the next two weeks, no one will be allowed to enter the city to stay at a private residence, including property owners, unless they had special permission to leave for medical reasons."

But if you have a rental for a condo:

"Beaches are still closed, as are bars and nightclubs and the city's boardwalk. But Munro says tourists can enjoy pools, golfing, restaurants, ATV rentals and other attractions. Health and sanitation rules will be in place for all activities, he said."

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I don't understand why Penasco opened up to visitors, but people who own homes cannot go to their residences: "For at least the next two weeks, no one will be allowed to enter the city to stay at a private residence, including property owners, unless they had special permission to leave for medical reasons."

But if you have a rental for a condo:

"Beaches are still closed, as are bars and nightclubs and the city's boardwalk. But Munro says tourists can enjoy pools, golfing, restaurants, ATV rentals and other attractions. Health and sanitation rules will be in place for all activities, he said."
It's Mexico. We knew this would be a shit show.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
20 minutes ago I observed a police action against a group of vehicles bypassing security off road near the highway from Golfo. Some people might be quarantining in jail tonight.