Magic jack phone

I searched for the Magic Jack app on my iPhon e and couldnt find it. Can you tell us more about it so I can find it?
APPLE app is called "TALK FREE" Works on any APPLE WIFI product

it has some restrictions. FREE only for OUTGOING calls. if you want INCOMING it is 20 per year signing up is easy. you choose a area code plus # etc etc...

For people that already have a MJ account add it to the exsisting account andit is 1/2 price.

I have it installed on my IPOD yes, a IPOD and it works perfectly.

For those that do not have a APPLE product............VONAGE has app.

As far as recharging goes, you can go to the Telcel place and have them recharge it or you can do it on line, in Spanish. There is a US company that has a recharging process for Telcell pay as you go phones and is saying they will have the same for data, internet, late this year or early next year. If reasonable I will use them because of the language factor. By the way the folks at Telcel in town were very helpful and the man i worked with spoke very good English.

PS: Web site of company I mentioned before: http://www.trustvesta.com/mobile.aspx

GV Jack if you look around in all of the out of the way places on the Telcel website (sitemap, Help, and links on the bottom of the Home Page) you might find the word "Idioma" and if you click on that it will go to a menu that allows you to change the language of the website to "Ingles"...

I haven't looked to see if in fact there is such a link on Telcel's website, but I have found it on Telmex and Prodigy and several other local and Gov. websites here in Mexico... Just a thought...

gup

all I got was periodic spam for 5 yr. plan. I may have gotten so custom to the same that I may have overlooked it.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Thanks Mr Dweller or is it Mr. Sea.

Anyway I'll definately check that out.

Somehow I suspect that Idioma is a Spanish word for idiot, refering to me.

Thanks Mr Dweller or is it Mr. Sea.

Anyway I'll definately check that out.

Somehow I suspect that Idioma is a Spanish word for idiot, refering to me.
GV Jack That's exactly what I was thinking when I stumbled upon that little trick... but I couldn't figure out how a website could call me an idiot when it didn't even know me, or did it..? (was it that obvious)

So I broke out my trusty little "Espangles to Ingles" dictionario and looked the word up.... and discovered that it means "language"...

and Si... it's Mr. Dweller, but my friends call me (well we won't get into what others call me) but you can call me "Sea"...

GV Jack

Snorin God
GV Jack That's exactly what I was thinking when I stumbled upon that little trick... but I couldn't figure out how a website could call me an idiot when it didn't even know me, or did it..? (was it that obvious)

So I broke out my trusty little "Espangles to Ingles" dictionario and looked the word up.... and discovered that it means "language"...

and Si... it's Mr. Dweller, but my friends call me (well we won't get into what others call me) but you can call me "Sea"...
Si Sea

Roberto wrote: There is another completely wireless way to get internet and GV can fill you in (unless he's in jail again) on that as he got it recently. He buys time as he needs it with no monthly bills. If you are not here a lot that may be a more economical way to go, no regular monthly bill. FYI Roberto, they let me out on work release. I lied about my age.

Hi Sunshine. GV Jack here and I don't know Jack about Magic Jack. There was a time my wife used to call me that but...Oh Well.

I am a once in a while visitor to RP and wanted to find a way to get the internet. Telcel sells a product called Telcel Amigo USB Modem. It works like a flash drive, in that you plug it in and it takes off.
It costs around $55.00 and that includes 30 days and 3Gig service. After that you pay as you go. 3Gig runs about 499.00 pesos and is good for a month. You can also buy in lower daily & MB increments.
I usually rent a place in Section 5 in Las Conchas, down the hill on the water. The Telcel tower is not far from there and I get two to three bars there.

The first time I used it was in August and it worked great. A few weeks ago, I was there and it worked but it would lose the signal once in a while. The speed is fairly steady. Not as fast as Cox Cable, but a lot faster than
dial up.

As far as recharging goes, you can go to the Telcel place and have them recharge it or you can do it on line, in Spanish. There is a US company that has a recharging process for Telcell pay as you go phones and is saying they will have the same for data, internet, late this year or early next year. If reasonable I will use them because of the language factor. By the way the folks at Telcel in town were very helpful and the man i worked with spoke very good English.

How you couple that with Magic Jack is beyond me but the rest on here I'm sure can help you.

Good Luck. Feel free to PM me if you need any further info.

PS: Web site of company I mentioned before: http://www.trustvesta.com/mobile.aspx
I use the same card and its great for people that go to RP once a month or so...there are somethings to rememember when using the Telcel modem:

1. You recharge the card online or with a prepaid card...just like a Telcel phone.
2. You buy days/MB's it expires which ever is first.
3. Keep in mind, once the MB's expire it goes to la carte data and will eat up all your remaining prepaid credits. Its best to only buy and activite what you are going to use right away.
4. The Sim card in the USB modem needs to be recharged and used every 6 months to remain active.

playaperro

El Pirata
If you have a magic jack they are running a 48 hour deal to upgrade to the new model for half price, like 35 bucks today...

jerry

On a 18 month contract at just under 40 bucks per month the Telecell modem gets you 5 gigs of data...that lasts a long time....
I use the same card and its great for people that go to RP once a month or so...there are somethings to rememember when using the Telcel modem:

1. You recharge the card online or with a prepaid card...just like a Telcel phone.
2. You buy days/MB's it expires which ever is first.
3. Keep in mind, once the MB's expire it goes to la carte data and will eat up all your remaining prepaid credits. Its best to only buy and activite what you are going to use right away.
4. The Sim card in the USB modem needs to be recharged and used every 6 months to remain active.

GV Jack

Snorin God
That is pretty good, especially if you are down there quite a bit.

Unfortunately, I only get down about 3 to 4 times a year and only for a week, at most, at a time.

My loss is the RP's gain.

Roberto

That is pretty good, especially if you are down there quite a bit.

Unfortunately, I only get down about 3 to 4 times a year and only for a week, at most, at a time.

My loss is the RP's gain.
Hey maybe you get lucky and get a 6 month sentence the next time you get busted. If you have the cash you can even spend it in a hotel!!

AZ ROB

I just wanted to chime in I purchased a Magic Jack last week and took it down to Penasco. Set it up on a small notebook computer logged into the Sonoran Sea WIFI and the phone worked great I made calls and accepted calls all off of my new 602 area code. This will make it alot cheaper than using the cell phones down in Rocky Point.

I did purchase the Magic Jack Plus. It said you could use your own telephone number. I started to install it and got to the phone # but could not use my number. I need this number, I use it for business and have had it for over 16 years. I stopped the installation (ooops!) and still do not know what to do.

AZ ROB - did you find this to be true with your installation. It is too late to return it so I will be out $85.

Sunshine

Kea

When you port your number to Magic Jack it ports it from your existing phone service to Magic Jack. This is not a good option if you want to keep your land line. We did port our number because we wanted to drop our $40 per month landline but not lose our # that we've had for 20 years. It was a good option for us, but may not be for everyone.

BTW, we had Magic Jack for several years before we ported our phone #, so we were already familiar with its limitations.