Manny's Beach Club

Good to hear Manny's is giving another go. Just wonder how it will work out considering there is sooo much more competition vs 10-20 years ago.

Things have sure changed since it was the JJ's, The Reef, The Pitaya, The Pink Cadillac and Manny's show ( I'm sure I missed a few others from back in the day).

During the 1993-2005 period the Mirador just rocked, what a show. Start at one end and finish at the other end. Lot's of fun times and a couple of less fun ones too.

There has to be 75-100 bars and restaurants in Penasco now all chasing the Dream, maybe there's enough of the dream left for Manny's to prosper.
The crowds in RP seem to have gotten back to where they were before 2008 and maybe even more people .

I remember when the entire street used to get closed off because of too much traffic. I hope Manny's does well. Anyone else remember the side at Pink Cadillac? Also a funny story at Manny's. There was a woman there wearing this blouse that I thought would look great on my wife. I asked her where she got and and she replied.."On the set I think".."Set?" I asked. She said "Yes, I'm Storm from American Gladiator"..OK..so brilliant here replies.."Really..is that show still on..I thought it went off the air a long time ago". How to make friends and influence people

Be great having them back on the old strip. Sure hope they make it. Kind fv a bad time of the year to get started due to so few people in the Summer. We are in _PDO and the Pitaya has a beach so we go there with no driving home. Will be nice to again be able to walk down the beach to Manny's. Might get Robert to do a better job of management and may be even a free drink once in a while. We are not a high flyer drinker but we average about $ 300.00 a month and never a free one.

JoseAz

I am so excited!
This is where everyone went to see “whats up”, meet people and have fun before the cellphone.

The cellphone led to its demise as young adults chose to text “I’m bored” and “that’s lame” from the couch of their parents condos.

Not sure of the full operation yet but used to be very family friendly until kid bedtime, then great music and dancing. I’m excited these guys will do a great job.

I hope they are getting rich! they have really elevated the standard and increased the quality of the competition across the board

Check it out

For the new comers, take Fremont to the first left, go past Capone’s to the beach. Take a right and it will be on your left, adjacent to the beach. This area is called the Mirador. Same beach as Las Conchas

https://www.facebook.com/mannysbeachclub/?hc_ref=ART8cWxYof4HR6xEgwyT_dpPIjbaoGxhVwSf5zNAlNAySiNeogkXIgelVbS8UVSLtrA

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Good to hear Manny's is giving another go. Just wonder how it will work out considering there is sooo much more competition vs 10-20 years ago.

Things have sure changed since it was the JJ's, The Reef, The Pitaya, The Pink Cadillac and Manny's show ( I'm sure I missed a few others from back in the day).

During the 1993-2005 period the Mirador just rocked, what a show. Start at one end and finish at the other end. Lot's of fun times and a couple of less fun ones too.

There has to be 75-100 bars and restaurants in Penasco now all chasing the Dream, maybe there's enough of the dream left for Manny's to prosper.
The crowds in RP seem to have gotten back to where they were before 2008 and maybe even more people .
Second time in Rocky Point and my first Mirador experience was Spring Break of 99. I was 15, pry looked like I was 12 but my buddy and I tagged along with his older brother who had just transferred to USD to play basketball. He drove the gauntlet Mexico highway 2 from San Luis to Sonoyta to make it down that year. The Mirador was out of control. Mardi Gras like. 99 - 07 the Mirador was definitely the spot to be. From Baja Hotel with the $15 wrist bands to Manny's where you know you could always circle back around as the fall back point or to try and catch someone you saw or met earlier in the day. The saying was always, YOU GOING TO MANNY'S TONIGHT?! Down the way to Pink Caddy, Rocky Gardens, Pitaya, Sr Frogs... man... those were the days. People just walking that strip, drinking in public, blasting music.... TACOS!!! God I have so many good memories of Manny's... I mean wow... just sitting here smiling at all the memories over the years at Manny's.

It is desolate over there now however, I think that there might be an opportunity again for Manny's and other establishments in the Mirador. The Malecon is overly packed, no parking, willing to wait 20 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic just to get in there, it's starting to get a little ridiculous. I think there is desire for convenience as well and if Mann'y is decent again, I think people will go and I know I'd stop by to at least check it out.

Manny's, the Pink Cadillac and who ever is still open there need to create something to draw some of the crowds back to the Mirador.
Live Bands like Manny's had, cheap drink specials, great food and advertise the crap out of it to create a must go vibe.

Now all the people who live along the Mirador might not be too thrilled about it getting popular again.

I have lots of great memories from back in the day along the Mirador. Bouncing back and forth between Manny's, PC, and Pitaya. I hope it comes back as I have never been a fan of the Malecon night life. No offense to Boo, Shark, and Tequila bars. I like em during the day, but they have never captured the vibe of how the Mirador used to be at night.

One of the things I loved about Manny's and Pitaya was the fact that they are located right on the beach. As in walk out the back and your feet are in the sand and water. It was fun to wander down to the water at night for a break from the crowd, or to talk to a girl, and...……...with your beer in hand!

I still have a big collection of kodak instant pictures of us from that old guy that walked around and took your picture for a few bucks.

Be great having them back on the old strip. Sure hope they make it. Kind fv a bad time of the year to get started due to so few people in the Summer. We are in _PDO and the Pitaya has a beach so we go there with no driving home. Will be nice to again be able to walk down the beach to Manny's. Might get Robert to do a better job of management and may be even a free drink once in a while. We are not a high flyer drinker but we average about $ 300.00 a month and never a free one.
So few people in summer? Last year most resorts were sold out every weekend. Even August was busy.

ernesto

The Black Widow was a tranny that lurked at the entrance to Manny's ripping off tourists. C'mon some of you remember that, wasn't that long ago.

ben21

I echo everything Joe and lowmiler said. Those were great times in the late 90's/early 2000's. A part of growing up... I probably ran into you both more than a few times.