Many Thanks and Bahia Kino Report

kanvery

So first off thanks to everyone who gave some great information concerning my trip out here. Its been awsome so far and have only begun to explore everything that is available. I heard many reports about the inshore fishing being dead but I'm here to tell you that's just not the case! In fact its pretty damn good in the few spots that I've tried so far. I'm still trying to catch a halibut/flounder and find that magic yellowtail spot but who knows? There is some great structure out here but not as much as one would hope for. Timing the tides right is key and getting an early start is essential. My buddy came to visit a week after I got here and the first day out we grabbed 8 corvina and weren't quite ready so didn't have the cooler. The next day was even better and we kept a few for dinner. Nothing really big but lots of fun! There's also lots of pompano, ladyfish, barracuda, and sierra. I'll also attach a picture of a fish a friend gave us for dinner. Its a sierra caught 1/4 mile from shore and the biggest I've ever seen! I really like the xrap subwalks, kastmasters, and 4-5" hardplastics

jerry

nice going///are you at Prescott College Research Camp/ Also a friend of mine lost 2 dogs down there 6 months ago...German Shorthair and a Wiameramer (SP?) keep on the look out!

kanvery

Not at the college, that would be a great place to be though! I'm housesitting, wondering how I can make the Sea of Cortez a more regular part of my life :gofishing:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Dem der sierra is some MIGHTY FINE eating!!! Makes the best ceviche in Mexico!

Believe it or not, they get even bigger. We hooked one trolling in Cabo a few years ago that was nearly twice that size. It was so big, I thought it had to be a wahoo, until I saw the orange spots on its side.

Glad you're catching and thanks for sharing!!

kanvery

Mirmar must've missed your question, we were fishing some of the beaches north just past Roca Roja up to Western Horizons.

kanvery

Just a thought, if anyone is headed down this way or wants to I'll be here for the whole summer. The owner has the downstairs for rent for a pretty reasonable price. It has 2 bedrooms a kitchen and A/C. I have 2 14ft fishing kayaks and tons of rods and tackle. I'd like to have someone to fish with for a few days so if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM. The corvina bite should be awesome for the next few weeks and getting better. Yesterday I took the current renters out and my girlfriend there was a point when everyone was hooked up. Great way to spend a morning! Plus, that are soooo many places I haven't explored yet. You can check out the property at Kino Bay Vacation Rental Home. Hopefully this doesn't violate the forum rules; if so just disregard.