masks in RP

AZRob

Well Known Member
I simply stated what was the current protocol....if you got away with something...good on ya. I will always play by local rules no matter where I am.
We now have to do the same in AZ. Make everyone feel safe and happy.

rplarry

Well Known Member
We now have to do the same in AZ. Make everyone feel safe and happy.
Too bad Mexico, and most of the US, doesn't follow the science

Last edited:

Maduro steve

Well Known Member

Masks don't work , look at the Olympics in Japan an Asian country that wear masks all the time and have now band the spectators . They now have a major breakout of the China flue of witch you have a 99% chance of surviving.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member

Your science or my science? They are often not the same. Libs love to tout that line like they have some sort of superiority. It's all BS.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Masks don't work , look at the Olympics in Japan an Asian country that wear masks all the time and have now band the spectators . They now have a major breakout of the China flue of witch you have a 99% chance of surviving.
The media won't report that. They have fallen in love with the mask directive even though 'the science' has proven masks to be all but useless in stopping the chinese virus. You have to be wise enough to differentiate between liberal media 'science' and actual science.

richwi

Well Known Member
Having just fully retired this past February and having worked with some of the top virologists and microbiologists in the world it baffles me that because someone reads something on the internet they feel they are an expert. Masks do help but they are not perfect. Most transmission of Covid is via small water droplets in the air. Masks can help filter those.

If you have an open window and put a sprayer on a hose and turn it on and aim it at the window virtually all the water will go through the window. Now put a screen on the window and do the same thing. Some water will pass and some will be deflected. The finer the screen the less water will pass. Masks do the exact same thing. They screen out water droplets reducing the amount of inhaled virus.

People keep making a medical issue into a political issue. This is both “sides”.

Maduro steve

Well Known Member
Back when I was in high-school , college I was always taught in with the good out with the bad . Again , Japan is now experiencing their worst out break of this China virus and they wear masks all the time. Common sense tells me I have a better chance of serving this flue without a mask, a 99.9% chance . I'm 70 years old.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
If you can smell smoke while wearing a mask (filter) it will not filter out a virus. A tiny particle of carbon is thousands of time larger than any virus that requires an electron microscope in order to be viewed.

I was taught that in high school, college biology and in the US Army where they tested the effectiveness of your personal NBC filters with tear gas.

If you could smell the tear gas your filters could never stop a chemical or biological warfare agent (AKA the Woo-Floo).

As said many times now, a mask used to stop any virus is about as effective a using a chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes.

JJ

brokenwave

Well Known Member
CV19 cases are increasing in Penasco, I guess the huge influx of visitors over the past few months has helped the surge here.
Today I was told the city of Penasco is quietly asking stores, restaurants, etc. to consider closing during Aug like some places do already
for their vacation. If cases continue to grow we'll what the response is in a few weeks.

Masks are like wearing a bullet vest, it might not catch all but you'll wear a vest going into a gun battle if you have any common sense.

richwi

Well Known Member
It’s true masks cannot directly filter out singular virus particles by themselves, however, well over 99% of all the airborne particles are contained in water droplets which can be filtered out. Masks are not perfect but they help. If they didn’t doctors wouldn’t wear them during surgery.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
As a reliable control, influenza cases and deaths dropped dramatically over the winter of 20/21 due to mask wearing and social distancing.

rplarry

Well Known Member
If you can smell smoke while wearing a mask (filter) it will not filter out a virus. A tiny particle of carbon is thousands of time larger than any virus that requires an electron microscope in order to be viewed.

I was taught that in high school, college biology and in the US Army where they tested the effectiveness of your personal NBC filters with tear gas.

If you could smell the tear gas your filters could never stop a chemical or biological warfare agent (AKA the Woo-Floo).

As said many times now, a mask used to stop any virus is about as effective a using a chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes.

JJ
Nice Post JJ, totally agree.

And I do have to say, it’s really enjoyable reading most of your posts, and this one in particular because it is without the overt racial stuff and without the vulgarity.

Your voice is much more apt to be heard without all the nonsense. And that’s only IF you’re intention is to contribute. If so, that last post was a contribution. So, thank you !

rplarry

Well Known Member
It’s true masks cannot directly filter out singular virus particles by themselves, however, well over 99% of all the airborne particles are contained in water droplets which can be filtered out. Masks are not perfect but they help. If they didn’t doctors wouldn’t wear them during surgery.
So happy to answer your kind of question and statement about surgeons.

But before I do, I think what the difference between the political divide is, is that conservatives value freedom and liberty and most on the left are willing to be sheep of the false narratives the left (the power and control merchants) put out. If Donald Trump told everybody to wear a mask, I would look at the science and the literature and I wiould decide, that doesn’t make sense and I would not wear a mask.

However, the inverse is not true. If Donald Trump told everybody to wear a mask and had mandated it for children in public schools, I could almost guarantee the left would call BS, they would pull out all of the studies that masks don’t work (The same studies that freedom loving people are referring to right now ) and there would be a ton of folks on the left who would not be wearing masks. To me that is just common sense on the political issue.

From a medical standpoint, I will defer to the the copious Studies dating back at least 20 years, that show conclusively that mask will not stop a virus. Sweden did not wear masks, and they did really well. The Ro is going to Ro, and the virus is going to virus.

But I’ll let a surgeon who has done 10,000 surgeries respond to your logical, but false claim of, “that’s why surgeons wear masks during surgery“ :

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
This whole thing gets personal when someone you know who is 56 no bad health conditions goes into the hospital on a Sunday thinking he has pneumonia (sp) and is dead on Wednesday from c 19..I wear a mask. The 99% survival rate quoted means nothing to me.

Old55

Well Known Member
My neighbor just died....took that Trump juice,delayed going to the hospital.....never wore a mask...trying to buy his boat but what do people think is an acceptable waiting period before asking the widow? ....funeral is Tuesday...she hates the boat

Old55

Well Known Member

JJ
Stick to fishing...

rplarry

Well Known Member
Stick to fishing...
You hypocrite. Comment on the virus and then start talking about a boat and tell JJ to stick to fishing ? Hypocrite.

BTW, you sound like a compassionate and lovely neighbor

Stick to fishing ....

Old55

Well Known Member
You hypocrite. Comment on the virus and then start talking about a boat and tell JJ to stick to fishing ? Hypocrite.

BTW, you sound like a compassionate and lovely neighbor

Stick to fishing ....
Good advice....offered 15 kReplica Runabout powered by a 2018 115 Evinrude. She is also equipped with a Garmin Chart plotter, Anchor Windless, Bimini Top and swim ladder.........Port Royal is a great place for in close fishing....getting drunk on sandbars....come out and fish if you ever are in gods country!

Last edited:

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Port Royal as in Jamaica Mon?????

Why are you commentating about anything on this forum?

My boat is for sale...if you have 125 grand US cash on hand and it's actually in Puerto Penasco Sonora MEXICO.

JJ