Mayan Palace

marybna

Well Known Member
I have a friend that is coming down from Oregon for a week. Last time she came, we went out to Mayan Palace for Lunch. This was 6 or 7 years ago. We were told we had to go to a sales presentation first. Is that still the same??

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Most likely?? They're expecting paying guests to pay $145 to play the golf course!! That's a ripoff! They don't even have drinking water on the course and no beverage cart.

marybna

Well Known Member
Wow You would need a boat. My friend is going to come down with me in Tax Season because my husband will be in the office 24/7. She was going to come to Mazatlan with us in Nov but couldn't get a a decent flight out of Portland and we drive down. So I told fly to Tucson and we will go to Penasco during Tax Season.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
No, you should be able to get there. The Mayan road is fine, and the Caborca highway flooding is receeding

dons2346

To answer your question, no you do not have to take a presentation to have lunch. Just be prepared to pay through the nose, it is expensive in my opinion

Landshark

Well Known Member
No, you should be able to get there. The Mayan road is fine, and the Caborca highway flooding is receeding
From RPTimes Newspaper 2 hrs ago.
“The Peñasco-Caborca is closed. NOT PASSABLE, A lot of water coming down from the storms in Sonoyta & AZ”
87AB1936-2CBD-45E5-A5B5-9903819AC342.jpeg

audsley

Well Known Member
Just curious - why couldn't Asprinkles get a response when he asked about water over the road to Puerto Lobos (goes past Mayan Palace) on the General forum? When someone asks about lunch at Mayan Palace, everyone suddenly wants to share what they know about the road flooding.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Just curious - why couldn't Asprinkles get a response when he asked about water over the road to Puerto Lobos (goes past Mayan Palace) on the General forum? When someone asks about lunch at Mayan Palace, everyone suddenly wants to share what they know about the road flooding.
I, for one, was confused by the question. Most refer to the road to and past Mayan Palace as the Caborca Road. (I, too, am curious about its status.) But the road to Puerto Lobos would be (I believe) the road beyond Caborca.

JimMcG

Well Known Member
As of yesterday there was 2 feet of water to cross on the way to the Mayan entrance as per local contractor.

audsley

Well Known Member
It appears Asprinkles couldn't get an answer because most people don't know where Puerto Lobos is or how to get there from Rocky Point, and Jerry has suddenly gone MIA.

The old way was through Caborca and then 28 miles of dirt road to Lobos. But around 2010 (?) the highway past the Mayan Palace was extended all the way down past Santo Tomas and Puerto Lobos to Libertad and beyond. Since then, that's been the way to go to Lobos for people coming from Phoenix. From Tucson the trip through Nogales to Santa Anna through Altar and Caborca takes about the same amount of time, but we prefer going Lukeville to Rocky Point to Lobos for various reasons.

People going from Phoenix to Lobos via Caborca are adding about two additional hours to their drive, so they'd like to avoid that if possible. But it sounds like that's what the answer would have been if he'd been given answer.

Nevertheless, I was disappointed that the forum didn't come through on this one because it's the kind of thing the forum is usually good for. I guess I didn't realize what a small and poorly understood niche us Lobos enthusiasts occupy in the Rocky Point world.

Kenny

Well Known Member
"It appears Asprinkles couldn't get an answer because most people don't know where Puerto Lobos is or how to get there from Rocky Point, and Jerry has suddenly gone MIA."
He's missing because Stuart banned him from this site.

audsley

Well Known Member
Ouch! I was thinking he needed a trip to the woodshed for persistence in political agitation, but a permanent ban leaves a big hole on the team roster. As we've just seen on the road question.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I do not agree with banning Jerry. He makes comments about important events in Sonora which by nature involve politics, but does not froth at the mouth. Tyler objected to the post about Trump threatening to close the border as a political post. Now there may have been political responses but the post was not political, unless all news is political.

I suppose this comment could be classified as political. Bring on the ban.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Ouch! I was thinking he needed a trip to the woodshed for persistence in political agitation, but a permanent ban leaves a big hole on the team roster. As we've just seen on the road question.
If you remember, he only made the statement that Mexican Politics need to be able to be discussed on this site, and it is being discussed on this site, and right now. ....In addition to stopping all payments to these countries, which seem to have almost no control over their population, I must, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught - and if unable to do so I will call up the U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!

In my opinion, he was banned for his interaction with Stuart's racist friends who lived in the basement. Ha, Jerry was being mean to them, and he thought Jerry was out of line in Rants& Raves of all places, and he sent him to the bench because of it and threatened him about it more than once. What a joke.

Roberto

Well Known Member
To the powers that be: would you please share the actual reason that Jerry was banned?--- Political posts?, Posting in improper category? Too many posts. OR ?...….