Mayan Palace

GV Jack

Snorin God
Mark,

Where is everybody. Ross, Buzz and I were there for lunch Monday and the place was jammed.

We ate by the pool so we could enjoy the scenery, if you know what I mean.

You may think we're a bunch of dirty old men, but we were really looking at the sea.

Really, we were, well sort of. We were looking to see what we could sea.

Had a great time. It is quite beautiful there.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I was there Monday picking up Denise and Eric to go to la Pinta. We didn't see you.........

GV Jack

Snorin God
I was there Monday picking up Denise and Eric to go to la Pinta. We didn't see you.........
Didn't see you, eother. We were down by the pool, near the bar. :veg:

One drink limit though. That place is for the R & F. (Rich & Famous)

Got there around noon and left around 1:30.

We just Checked mi amigo in and then we checked things out... after that we headed out on a mission to see how many Mayam sacrafises we could perfom on some oysters... it was brutal... I have it on video but PC YouTube won't let me upload it... it's HD so after 13 hours of uploading I get a message that the file must be playable on your computer before it can be upload... well it workes on three different players on my computer... How's that for PLAYABLE DoucheTube..? This is the second video in a row that I mentioned Mexico and got the same response.. the first one was of a sunset... yeah would hate those PC Police to let something like a sunset get out where the public might see it...

MIRAMAR

Where did you go for oysters Seadweller? We went last weekend to try shrimp cocktails about 4 miles past the aduana. The owner of the first restaurant you get to was very friendly and had great shrimp cocktails- large was $90 pesos but a lot of shrimp. My husband had fish ceviche tostadas that were delicious. The second restaurant was not as friendly, but again, great cocktails- same price and my husband said the oysters were very good. So the cocktails were similarly priced as in town, but much more shrimp and better tasting. The second restaurant is open until about 8:00 p.m, and we forgot to ask the owner of the first restaurant.

I wish I could upload the video for you to see... we went on an oyster quest in the estuary Morua... first stop was at the El Barco where I think we got raped $33.50 for 3 dozen oysters and 5 ceviche tostadas...

After that abuse we drove along the shore to another little shack with one guy sitting there... he walked to the water and pulled out a crate, brought it up to his stand and started shucking another 2 dozen for us right from the crate... they were bigger and juicier than the first ones from El Barco and it was only 120 pesos (60 pesos per dozen)... be sure to use pesos because they will charge a 10 to 1 exchange at all of the oysterias...

My buddie "Ray Ray Raymondo from Way Way Beyondo" is staying out at the Mayan and today he is going to be checking out another stand which is the farthest to the west of all the stands... The gentleman at the second stand said he would be at this third stand today and it had the largest oysters...

I had overheard a comment by a gentleman working at El Barco stating that their oysters have only been growing for a year and they were kind of small, although they were very delicious, but it made us feel like we were robbing the craddle or (oyster bed) last time I was out there the oysters were at least 2 years old and they were a mouthful...

"Ray Ray Raymondo from Way Way Beyondo" set up his first dozen oysters for rapid fire oyster eating and had a dozen down before I slid my first one... I did shoot video of his assult on these oysters, I thought he was going to swallow the shells and all... it was brutal maybe that's why youtube won't let me upload the video...

MIRAMAR

You should tell your friend to go further east of the Mayan- he would need car registration and a passport/drivers license, but they were big and from Estero Almejas ("Clam" Estuary).

I should tell him to come and get me first and then head out farther east to Estero Almejas... why should he have all the fun..? I know where you're talking about drove past it many times on our way to Lobos...

Water is still coolish, About this time of year I stop eating anything from the sea that isn't frozen or caught by me!
Better use some Peso's, their dollar exchange rate is a few years old, even with their up-date!! LOL