Memories of driving to Rocky Point with Dad

A

azbeachboy

RPJ, I try to avoid reading jerry and his negative "progressive" view of the things. The self proclaimed "pinko,draft dodger" doesn't even go to Rocky Point but is a top 20 poster... Where's CactusAmigo when you need him?

Jim

Chuck, I agree. I rarely post here any more. Mostly it is because it has become even more of a click with the same people pissing each other (and the rest of us) off. I've been here since the original forum but I don't remember it ever being like this. The Weeta was the biggest distraction. I could name about 6 of the worst but I won't and should not have to. Most everone already knows. Jerry, this is not about you. I am just fed up with the stupid agendas that go on here. I own a bar here and I sell Real Estate so I have a vested intererest but I do a great deal of my business with Mexican Nationals so I'm not cheerleading to attract gringos. I don't mind some banter from the people who are blind to problems or the people who bash the place for no reason. I just get sick and tired of the same people beating everything to death and changing the direction of every other thread. Fishing is about the only one that doesn't get messed with and that is probably because Stuart won't put up with it. I don't have access to the numbers but I am sure that there are many people who lurk here but are scared to post anything for fear of being beat down by the regulars. There you go. I'm done and I assume that I'll be beat down soon. Don't expect a response though. Good night, it's been a tough day and I'm pissed off.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Chuck, I agree. I rarely post here any more. Mostly it is because it has become even more of a click with the same people pissing each other (and the rest of us) off. I've been here since the original forum but I don't remember it ever being like this. The Weeta was the biggest distraction. I could name about 6 of the worst but I won't and should not have to. Most everone already knows. Jerry, this is not about you. I am just fed up with the stupid agendas that go on here. I own a bar here and I sell Real Estate so I have a vested intererest but I do a great deal of my business with Mexican Nationals so I'm not cheerleading to attract gringos. I don't mind some banter from the people who are blind to problems or the people who bash the place for no reason. I just get sick and tired of the same people beating everything to death and changing the direction of every other thread. Fishing is about the only one that doesn't get messed with and that is probably because Stuart won't put up with it. I don't have access to the numbers but I am sure that there are many people who lurk here but are scared to post anything for fear of being beat down by the regulars. There you go. I'm done and I assume that I'll be beat down soon. Don't expect a response though. Good night, it's been a tough day and I'm pissed off.
Big Jim, ~~~ my friend how have you been, ~~~ very well put, ~~~

It does me proud that you would remember the ~~~ "GREAT WEETA" ~~~ not to worry though,

The ~~~ "WEETA" ~~~ is ever present, as is "SALLY", "ROCKO", & yours truly ~~~ "GREAT HAPPY"

However they have ~~~ ALL ~~~ retired from the forum "WARS" ~~~

The next time the "WEETA" is in PP he will for sure stop in & have a drink with you, ~~~

Coke or Pepsi that is, as he does not drink booze, ~~~

~~~ Your friend ~~~ the ~~~ "GREAT WEETA" ~~~

In the meantime ~~~ :happy: ~~~ & Have a nice day

jerry

Hey Jim...always respect you man ....hey i try my best to make a buck in and from Sonora ( importing a bit of mesquite lumber/wood/concrete tile, builta spec house,design work,consulting)but i differ from the mexican haters and the RP boosters in a fundamental way.i just like the facts to be put out there while both of those sides hide inconvenient truths . Hey AZ gives me a shot (bad mouthing the world cup) i stick a fork in Jimmy Dean (yum!) I never make personal attacks while I seem to be called names all the time by everyone..even my friends!!

Read the Jimmy dean/ Elvis interview...pretty good... damn it would have been a badge of honor to have been banned from the forum for making unamerican comments about a greasy,diabetes causing breakfast sandwich pushed on the american people by the Sara Lee conglomerate!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Jerry, as I said, there is a big difference in expressing an opinion and making totally tasteless, offensive comments. You did the exact same thing in the thread about Robert Krentz, the Arizona rancher that was killed near the border. Personally, I don't care if you don't like sausage or if you didn't like Robert Krentz. But to make statements the way you have in light of someone's death just makes you look like an ass. That is not a personal attack, it's a simple fact. If I were to ban you it would be for that reason, not because you made un-American comments about a greasy breakfast sandwich. Do you just not get this??

Jim has a very valid point. There has been a trend in this forum to deliberately try and tear each other down. I noted it sometime ago and posted a warning that I would ban future offenders. As was said, all views (pro or con) on Rocky Point or related Mexican issues are welcome to be expressed. Attacking each other is not welcome. This used to be a very warm and welcoming place for newbies with questions and I'd like to keep it that way.

You have the option of ignoring anybody you don't like.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
There is so much good information that is posted on Rocky Point Talk. I think most of us know who to weed out (who not to listen to), but it's true that when new people come on, they almost have to "prove" themselves. This shouldn't be a forum for the ones who "yell" the loudest. We have lost some very promising posters. There is clearly a "bully" factor here that should just stop.:bunny: With that said, there is still way more positive stuff that goes on here. Look at how everybody rose up when the lies about the road safety were propagated throughout Arizona...look at how everybody responds when Seadweller needs something for the schools...this is a great forum for communication...let's not ruin it.:thumbsup:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
when new people come on, they almost have to "prove" themselves.
Us, skeptical? Naaaah.

Overall, I agree entirely with what you said. However, being that anyone can register with any screen name they want, there have been several cases of newbies coming to the forum with a specific agenda or specifically to discredit or dispute posted information. And that's led to a few heated disputes.

I'm willing to give all newbies the benefit of the doubt, but as soon as some hidden agenda reveals itself, I'm pretty much ready to give them the boot. They aren't here to contribute, only to be heard, and that causes further dissention and pot-stirring.

You've been around here long enough to see that happen. And, as you said, you also know who's genuine and who to ignore.

jerry

Hey Stewart i live 20 miles from the border and have never said anything about krentz (who I have met and liked) except he was known for helping illegals in trouble...i request you take that back...When the shooting happened you will see it really freaked me out... seriously Phoenix dude put up or shut up

Jerry, as I said, there is a big difference in expressing an opinion and making totally tasteless, offensive comments. You did the exact same thing in the thread about Robert Krentz, the Arizona rancher that was killed near the border. Personally, I don't care if you don't like sausage or if you didn't like Robert Krentz. But to make statements the way you have in light of someone's death just makes you look like an ass. That is not a personal attack, it's a simple fact. If I were to ban you it would be for that reason, not because you made un-American comments about a greasy breakfast sandwich. Do you just not get this??

Jim has a very valid point. There has been a trend in this forum to deliberately try and tear each other down. I noted it sometime ago and posted a warning that I would ban future offenders. As was said, all views (pro or con) on Rocky Point or related Mexican issues are welcome to be expressed. Attacking each other is not welcome. This used to be a very warm and welcoming place for newbies with questions and I'd like to keep it that way.

You have the option of ignoring anybody you don't like.

jerry

Seriously take that Krentz comment back...these guys are neighbors and we face the same reality.....I may disagree with the best way to fight this problem with the people that have latched on to this tragedy from the right but on a personal level he was liked by everyone in the area and the guy that shot him needs to be killed.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Hey Stewart i live 20 miles from the border and have never said anything about krentz (who I have met and liked) except he was known for helping illegals in trouble...i request you take that back...When the shooting happened you will see it really freaked me out... seriously Phoenix dude put up or shut up
Excuse me... wrong rancher. Not Robert Krentz. Robert Ryan, who ran hunting trips to a ranch outside Santa Ana. My bad and I apologize for mixing up Roberts.

Your exact comment was "great guy... who did everything wrong" Please see this thread. My comment on you making totally insensitive comments in light of someone's death still stands.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Us, skeptical? Naaaah.

Overall, I agree entirely with what you said. However, being that anyone can register with any screen name they want, there have been several cases of newbies coming to the forum with a specific agenda or specifically to discredit or dispute posted information. And that's led to a few heated disputes.

I'm willing to give all newbies the benefit of the doubt, but as soon as some hidden agenda reveals itself, I'm pretty much ready to give them the boot. They aren't here to contribute, only to be heard, and that causes further dissention and pot-stirring.

You've been around here long enough to see that happen. And, as you said, you also know who's genuine and who to ignore.
Yea, I've been a part of some of those heated disputes with those who won't identify themselves or validate their comments. I'm with Kenny when it comes to my word...I have no problem identifying myself and backing up my posts...we soon learn who doesn't...and by that we know who to believe and/or tolerate.
There are some real consistent posters...those who don't involve themselves in the petty bull you-know-what, and by extension have become the ones whose voices we trust...the others...well there's that "tolerance" again.
You and Tyler do a great job of calling "Bull s*%! on the others. You've even called it on me when I needed it! :shock:

jerry

Apology accepted
hey it was a teaching moment for new comers. Don't travel at night,avoid flashy trucks.really avoid Santa Ana area at night,,,,,
Excuse me... wrong rancher. Not Robert Krentz. Robert Ryan, who ran hunting trips to a ranch outside Santa Ana. My bad and I apologize for mixing up Roberts.

Your exact comment was "great guy... who did everything wrong" Please see this thread. My comment on you making totally insensitive comments in light of someone's death still stands.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Hold-on a scecond, I need to get some pop corn.
Hey, hey, Stuart, Jerry, ~~~ you guys sound just like the ~~~ "WEETA" ~~~ of yesteryear ~~~ :lol:

~~~ you two have me laughing my ass off, ~~~ :rofl:~~~

~~~ popcorn, ~~~ hmm maybe we can get ~~~ the head ~~~ "PP CHEERLEADER" ~~~ Mexicoruss

to to bring over the ~~~ Cotton Candy ~~~ and my new pack member "Jeeper" can hand it out, ~~~

while ol Rocky supplies the music, ~~~

& when you two are finished ~~~ you can ~~~ "select" ~~~ a newbe, ~~~ and

~~~ the pack will go ~~~ "GET EM" ~~~ :lol: ~~~ :rofl:~~~

~~~ The ~~~ "WEETA"

Terry C

I used to go to the main forum and read down the list. Now i just go to the whats new and bypass a lot of junk. It has changed here for sure. But, blame it on the summer. Tempers flare

See this topic started out as Memories of driving to Rocky Point with Dad and ended with a rancher that got killed..........

Last edited: