Mex Fish News

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Well, if the wind would ever stop blowing, that *might* help get us some fishing reports. Buoyweather has looked like a rollercoaster for the past six weeks or so with substantial winds and yellow flag conditions nearly every other day. Almost a given on weekends that it's going to blow. Just look at how hard it's been blowing here in Phoenix the past couple of weeks. Amplify that times two out on the Sea of Cortez because there is nothing to break the wind.

I have known Gene Kira for many years and used to forward reports to him on a regular basis. I also used to report here and on some other forums every trip. I still do occasionally, but in an effort to protect the resource, I've stopped saying where I go or what I caught, other than an occasional picture or general information.

It isn't like the 51 is a secret, but some other spots I have are a lot less well-known. No sense in advertising good days out there to increase the fishing pressure. I still share information with a small select group, but putting it out for the world to see on the Internet only attracts more yahoos that want to go out and slay anything that swims.

This Saturday is looking decent, provided the red flag winds on Friday die off like they're supposed to. Time to go fishing!

B

bahiatrader

Now yer gettin' pretty smart, young feller. I ruined a few good fishin' holes and hunting areas when I was younger by telling people where I got stuff. That's why I consider it fisherman's ethic not to give out places or coordinates that were given in confidence. That is also why I highly value some coordinates Stuart gave me. I have a number of coordinates on my old fishing maps that I don't give out unless someone happens to go there with me. If I should die before my wife, she has orders to destroy all of my old fishing maps. If I was able to find the places by myself, others should be able to also. Finding new places is a great part of the fun for me.
I've been watching mexfish.com since the advent of the internet it seems. I believe it was one of the earliest sites about fishing the Sea of Cortez I ever saw. I still have it in the address bar of my computer, and look at it occasionally. Just the page on fish ID makes it worthwhile. That's part of the fun too; catching fish you've never seen before. I know it's the first place I ever saw one of Stuart's entries. I hope the wind behaves and you guys get some fishing in.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ DESTROY NOTHING !!! ~~~ DO NOT DESTROY MY COORDINATES !!!
~~~ DO YOU HEAR ME !!! ~~~ THOSE ARE ~~~ MY ~~~ ORDERS TO MY WIFE ~~~
~~~ IF I GO TO THE ~~~ "HAPPY" ~~~ FISHING GROUNDS FIRST, ~~~
~~~ AND, ~~~ YOU ARE TO PUT MY ~~~ GPS, MY COORDINATES, AND IF IT WILL FIT,
~~~ THE THROTTLE TO MY BOAT, ~~~ IN THE BOX WITH ME, ~~~
~~~ AS I INTEND TO GO :fish: ING, FROM THE ~~~ "HAPPY" ~~~ FISHING GROUNDS, ~~~
~~~ YOU GOT THAT, ~~~ HERE, :fish: Y :fish: Y :fish: Y, ~~~ COME AND GET IT, ~~~
~~~ :fish: Y :fish: Y :fish: Y,