Mexico to step up vehicle searches

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Great. Now there will be lines on *both* sides of the border. Maybe I'll move to Lukeville and work my way up and down the border line selling hot dogs and bratwurst.

On a side note - The son of a co-worker was heading down last Friday in an RV, with another RV'er. They got waved over for search. In the first RV, they found a box of bullets (the guy is an avid hunter). They then searched the 2nd RV (that the co-worker's son was driving). Found nothing, but then did personal searches of each of the occupants. The son's friend (unbeknownst) had a tiny bit of pot in his pocket. They impounded the RVs, put the whole family in handcuffs (two of them 3 and 4 yr. old girls) and off to jail they went for 20 hours. Took 3 days, trips to Nogales, and several hundred dollars to resolve the situation, even though the son was guilty of nothing. I understand that the guy that had the small amount of pot is in prison in Nogales.

Stupid move on the friend's part to even take pot over the border, but even more stupid because he had plenty of time and opportunity to ditch the weed while they were doing the RV searches and chose not to.

I think the time of the simple "Do you have any drugas or guns?" question has come to an end and they are conducting full-blown, serious searches. Beware.

JimMcG

As rough as it sounds, possession of one bullet can get a person several years in a Mexican hell hole jail. They got lucky.

F

FIESTAFROG

You like being locked up with those sweaty men, eh? lol