Military Cehck point hurting Rocky point

Roberto

ben21;77715 That's the new turn off for Sandy Beach and the Coastal Highway said:
No, it is an intersection on the highway from Sonoita on the edge of Penasco. It connects to Caborca and the Mayan Palace one way and to Laguna Shores, Laguna del Mar, and the coastal highway to California the other way. It is an odd intersection set up so if you are on the highway and want to turn across the opposing traffic lane, you exit on a loop which circles back to form a 90 degree connecction to the highway that you just pulled off of. The design appears to be an attempt to prevent traffic slow downs and rear enders when drivers have to cross opposing traffic lane to exit the highway. An alternative would be a long turning lane. The problem appears to be that traffic entering onto the Sonoita highway or crossing does not stop, like they think it's a traffic circle or something that does not require a stop, this despite the signs.

playaperro

El Pirata
I had no idea how dangerous that is, thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to slow down next time. Is this issue that people (like that semi in the photo) are cutting into the main road heading into and out of town? That's the new turn off for Sandy Beach and the Coastal Highway, right?
Yes, short cut to Sandy Beach.

Roberto

Well, thinking about it, it could be a shortcut to Sandy Beach when coming from Sonoyta, what with the new connection from SB to the coastal highway which intersect the road to Laguna Del Mar. It would avoid going into Penasco and offer a shorter route.

MIRAMAR

It is an odd intersection set up so if you are on the highway and want to turn across the opposing traffic lane, you exit on a loop which circles back to form a 90 degree connecction to the highway that you just pulled off of. The design appears to be an attempt to prevent traffic slow downs and rear enders when drivers have to cross opposing traffic lane to exit the highway. An alternative would be a long turning lane.
We call that intersection a Mexican Cloverleaf

azfish

I dont see anything, cop cars are driving single no fed. trucks it looks like normal RP. Fun times if the wind stops.

First check points US and Mexican. I have never had a problem on the Mexican side. Yes been stopped and question. Smile and don't admit any spanish. Do as ask without question. This usually gets a smile from the officer Most times, I get the question asking if our dog bites and we smile and say no.

Then the USA side. Going in I usually answer all of the normal questions before being ask and this gets a nice smile and a have a good time.
Then there is the return side. I usually answer all the questions before being ask without any facial expression from the officer. They do their duty with no expression. I have to guess they all hate their job. One time when pulled into the inspection area we were told to go into the office waiting room and stay there. I ask if I could go outside and wait and was told to stay there or be taken into a holding cell. They found nothing and may be 45 min later sent on our way with no comment about our inconvenience.

You can tell where I feel more safe and it sure is not the USA. What a shame this government has become.

I can not wait to get back down there 6 weeks to go.