Mordita 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DonJaime

THE ART OF MORDITA;

1) Be Friendly and Fain ignorance.

2) Respectfully Ask for the Officers help to correct the infraction.

3) Tell the Officer that you do not want to go to the Office, and ask for his assistance in paying the fine on the spot.

"Please help me, I don't want to go to the office to pay my fine for my infraction, can you please help me? Can I pay you and then you pay at the Office?"

4) Negotiate the Price. "Oh no, I don't have that much with me. Will 200p do?..How about 300p, well, that's all I have. "Please help me!"

IMPORTANT: This has been the way it has been for longer than most of you newbies have been here! AND REMEMBER, YOU ARE NOT BACK HOME, YOU ARE A FOREIGNER IN A COUNTRY WITH DIFFERENT CUSTOMS AND LAWS. "

And remember, ALL YOU NEWBIES WHO WANT TO CHANGE THE OPERATION OF THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY ARE AHOLES AND NEED TO ADAPT TO THIS COUNTRY'S WAYS. WE WERE ALL DOING JUST FINE BEFORE YOU GOT HERE WITH YOUR UNWANTED IDEALS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jerry

Just saying but on bigger stuff your better off not paying (land deals for example) sometimes you wear them down and win sometimes not but if you pay someone else is always asking for more

Roberto

Most of the time I ask to go to court and they just tell me to leave, they don't want to get off the street! Local street patrols know my truck by now and leave me alone !

The system has benefits. The mordita taken is often far, far less than the fine, which is very important to Pensco Residents. One friend was stopped and they took his last 5 pesos, but not him to jail nor did they confiscate his unregistered truck. Worked out good for him. He could not afford a full fine and would have lost his truck because he cannot pay.

I think Jerry is correct about the big deals. If you talk big money the hogs start fighting at the trough. You can sometime negotiate a 'slider' that fills the bill pero no mucho dinero.

Last edited:

Bob Oso

THE ART OF MORDITA;

3) Tell the Officer that you do not want to go to the Office, and ask for his assistance in paying the fine on the spot.

"Please help me, I don't want to go to the office to pay my fine for my infraction, can you please help me? Can I pay you and then you pay at the Office?"

4) Negotiate the Price. "Oh no, I don't have that much with me. Will 200p do?..How about 300p, well, that's all I have. "Please help me!"

IMPORTANT: This has been the way it has been for longer than most of you newbies have been here! AND REMEMBER, YOU ARE NOT BACK HOME, YOU ARE A FOREIGNER IN A COUNTRY WITH DIFFERENT CUSTOMS AND LAWS. "

And remember, ALL YOU NEWBIES WHO WANT TO CHANGE THE OPERATION OF THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY ARE AHOLES AND NEED TO ADAPT TO THIS COUNTRY'S WAYS. WE WERE ALL DOING JUST FINE BEFORE YOU GOT HERE WITH YOUR UNWANTED IDEALS!!!
Sheeze! Thanks for the lesson "Newbie Gringo". If I ever need a lesson in being a know-it-all jackass, I'll be sure and look you up.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Oye' buey se escribe mordida no mordita. Nunca en mi vida page' un centavo de mordita pero mordida si.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Hey Don, just remember that Penasco quiere limpiarse de esas suciedades y tu poniendo como malograr a los nuevos policias!, no sirves para nada bueno!! and by the way Lagrimas is right it is mordida not "mordita", there you go newie your first lesson to be learned and the second is you will be treated the same way you treat them so if you are corrupt they will throw you in jail and then you will be crying like a newie baby!!:getlife:

The Art of Selfish Stupidity

THE ART OF MORDITA;

You've been corrected by others on your spelling of MORDIDA. Now let me tell you that in English, you might be feigning friendliness, but I suspect your ignorance is legit.

You admit to being a great part of the reason that visitors get stopped and hit up for money. This reflects your lack of respect for local law, and frankly, for the rest of us. Since you're feigning respect, and I'm willing to bet that your acting skills leave no doubt about your true feelings, you probably come across as condescending and smug to the pseudo bandito wanting a mordita.

He knows you don't want to go...nobody does. Your best option here is to bite the bullet and say, "let's go". As Roberto says, they will then undoubtedly tell you to take off without further problems. You want us to think your post is an attempt at being part of the solution? I say that going agreeing to go to the station is truly the best way to become part of the solution, Dude. Of course this tactic would cheat you out of the smug satisfaction you probably get from doing it your way, right?

You are undoubtedly also insulting the good cops. Don't you care about anything or anyone? Is your sole purpose here to let everyone know how good you are at outsmarting (in your own mind) those you consider beneath you?

Ah...the Ugly American way of dealing with money: First, have the attitude that pulling a few greenbacks out will cause the dirty masses to fall at your feet, and then...grind them down on what you'll give them. Is this also your approach to the women on Calle 13?

It is incredibly ironic that you would give this advice in ALL CAPS and yet it is the part you should most take into account yourself. The custom of the mordida wasn't started by Mexicans, it is the invention of Americans who began to come here to raise hell and, when caught, would rather throw money at underpaid officers than face the music for their actions. That nasty habit (the mordida) is a disease you brought here. Take it back. Change your stupid ways. You aren't helping anyone.

You are angry at those who resist to play the dirty little game that you are so much a part of. And you're so used to (used to, but not necessariloy good at) using reverse-psychology (feigning ignorance, acting like you have no money, etc.) that you're actually trying to use it on us by acting as though you're defending the ideals of Mexico. With deference to Joe's favorite avatar, you've shown your ass. You are selfish, disrespectful and not very bright. If anyone here wanted advice, why would we take it from you?

Rosy....that:moon: is not my favorite avatar (although I may have used it a lot recently) ...this is :stir:

:rofl::rofl:

D

DonJaime

Well, the back story. I started coming to Mexico with my Folks in the 50's. Grand dad owned a big ranch south of agua prieta, thats where I would spend most of my Summers when I was a kid. By the early 60's I was traveling on my own thru Northern Mexico. The 1st place I lived was Matazlan, I had a small ranch just to the North and East. During the 60s & 70s it was a wonderful little place. '68-'69 combat in Nam. In 1970 I went in with 7 other friends and we bought a place on Cholla Bay. It was good for a quick get away while attending ASU. In the 80s I sold the ranch and moved to Guadalara. I was married to a Mexican girl who passed away. I have 1 Mexican Son, 42 yrs old, who lives with his wife in Guaymas. That is where I spend most of my time now. With my 4 Grand kids and 7 great grand kids. My spelling sucks (I know) so lame comments about it fall on deaf ears, as well as the lame demning opinions and comments. I have paid my dues here in Mexico, along with Mordida. Any Questions kids? Newbie Gringo..I think not. That just happened to come up when I posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
wha, wha, so if such is your history with Mexico why do you put it down, you are just another ojete!! oh wait, I forgot you paid your dues!!

Last edited:

jerry

Welcome to the forum.if you get boxed around just protect yourself at all times and come out fighting!

D

DonJaime

I never expect to get respect from the Low-Lifes. I have found out in life though, that the intellegent folks seem to have an understanding of what I have to say, wheather they agree or not. They do not need to stoop to gutter-sniping posts, petty comments on spelling and grammar, that are intended to be down right nasty.
You are right about getting boxed around on this board. Naturally, they are rude comments made by a lower class of folks than I am used to dealing with.
I know Stewart occasionally posts on the San Carlos boards, and sometimes comes down and fishes; he has always made intellegent and humorus posts.
Glad to know that there are a few decent folks on this forum, mixed amoung the riff-raff.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
THE ART OF MORDITA;

I paid a 14,000,000 m.n. (14 million pesos) bribe in Mexicali in 1990 and lots of bribes in the 2-3 million peso catagory. I also paid a clerk at Hacienda 50,000 pesos to speed up the permit process for a new business. 200 to 300 pesos seems pretty cheap. Back then I also paid 1,200.000 for my house a month.

dmcauley

The mordida was not brought on by the ugly american. It is an unfortunate way of life in Mexico. I was taught by Mexicans, not Americans but I do say to bring me to the station. It is the bad cops, which outnumber the good, that keep it going. Sorry if people don't like it , but the facts speak for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.