MUGGED IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE

F

FIESTAFROG

Last night, my daughter and I and her boyfriend went to Manny's. We live 2 streets down from the sand bar. They wanted to stay and I wanted to go home so i drove home. They left about a half hour later to make the 2 block walk home (five minutes tops). A maroon buick pulled up as they reached the front of my house. They held him and put a knife to his throat. He had no money so they took his wallet.

I told him to take it out but forgot and had his DL, birth certificate, And SS card!

Never walk any distance at night! They were well dressed in a nice car! Cant they just sell chicklets?

B

BeachMom

How disheartening!

Are your daughter and her boyfriend ok? I can just think of how shaken up I would be if something like this happened to me. Did you contact the police?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Wow, how horrifying!

They must have followed them from the street up the hill.

I'm glad everyone is alright. I never take my wallet to Mexico, just id and a few dollars when I go out. I hide a credit card for emergencies.

I hope that's not a sign of things to come! :shock:

F

FIESTAFROG

Yes,they are ok. Friday night, I told him to leave the wallet and stuff behind. Just take his DL for ID. He had put it all back in the wallet and forgot he had it for Saturday night. My daughter had about $35 bucks she forgot she had on her. When they got to the house, we jumped in the truck and found a cop. Then we drove all over Rocky Point looking for the car. As absurd as that sounds, they seem to always come back and are usually easy to find! I'll write a story about last year spring break below for those with a lot of time on there hands lol.

Last year spring break. The cars are parked all the way up the side streets up to our house which is 2 blocks up from the old Jills place now sand bar. We had no intention of going out!! We sat on the upstairs balcony with some drinks, turned out the porch light and just watched all the drunks stagger around.Some locals parked and put the hood up like they were having engine trouble. The smashed 3 car windows and went rummaged the cars.

We wanted to help but without giving away our house for them to retaliate later. I grabbed one of the ATV cops (who were more interested that night in giving young pretty girls rides) and told him what happened. A bunch of cops came. We standing in the street talking while I was trying to explain the car when the banditos came driving slowly by!!! I pointed them out and said "BANDITOS". they were prombly arrested. All in front of my house. I live in an action area for sure!

I feel sorry for my buddies who have nice, quiet houses in Las Conchos!! LOL

J

Jamie75

Gosh, what is going on?? I am sorry to hear about this...thank God they are both ok.

J

JustGiveMeSol

FiestaFrog....are you talking about the main street that runs back to Benito juarez from the Mirador area....and goes uphill (where the old Margaritavilla was located)....or was it one of the little side streets off that one???? I know that on weekends, a lot of the local teenagers hang out on the street by Manny's drinking beer from their vehicles. Always wondered if they caused trouble?

F

FIESTAFROG

No, the street right in front of my casa. My house is on the corner of the street that the sandbar (old jills place) and the street that the bumaye. on that corner.

J

JustGiveMeSol

Thanks for the info....except for when Bumaye and the "other" place across the street has some action....that street is pretty deserted!

You're down from the new pizza place (can't remember the name....I'm terrible with names....).

J

JustGiveMeSol

Jeff said:
JustGiveMeSol said:
You're down from the new pizza place (can't remember the name....I'm terrible with names....).

Capones........Great place!
Had some pizza from there that friends had picked up.....do they serve "other" stuff? Maybe calzones?? YUM!

F

FIESTAFROG

Yes, all very good food. A few weeks ago, the owner of Capones was walking to his house which is right behind capones and he saw a guy trying to break in his back window. He chased the guy while his friend called the police. They tackled him and the police asked if they wanted them to take the guy back to his yard to beat the crap outta him. The guy said "no, just take him to the police station".

Tempting however......

F

FIESTAFROG

what are you talking about? i only said where "i" live. id like you guys to come by!

A

aidea12

Can you please tell me the "current" situation? Have things gotten worse lately or any better? We are headed down this long weekend staying at Playa de Oro, and were surprised we could get in. We used to come down years ago, then when they closed Elegante and de Oro became the only place around it was very hard to get into, so we were surprised recently that we were able to get in this weekend. Then I heard from a lady at a store about muggings and robberies, I really hate to hear about all this!
Can you please give me some updated info? We are planning to leave on Thursday, any info would really be appreciated.
Thanks! We don't go out at night much, but wouldn't want to take risks, we do have two dogs with our rv.

A

azbeachboy

Stay home or lock up your women and children. The Mexican gangs followed all the condo workers to R.P. Why else did you get in to Playa De Oro??? It's really bad now...

A

aidea12

Wow, I just can't imagine this all getting so terribly insane! Thank you for the info, do you think because it's a "busy" weekend it will be safer? Do you still live there?