MUGGED IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE

Can't you tell when your legged has been pulled? Don't be stupid at night in RP but also don't believe all that you read on forums

F

FIESTAFROG

basically, stay away from walking down unlit streets at night. Thats really about it. They are terrified of dogs so your RV will be fine. Only happens late at night when the bars close usually of course.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I've been going to RP for 42 years and have only experienced the occasional theft of a boombox stupidly left on my patio in plain sight while we went to town or the camera stupidly left on the dash of my open Jeep when I was out of my Jeep talking with someone on the other side and not looking. I forgot to lock my outside fridge when I left for home once and was greeted with NO cold Pacifico when I arrived the next time! :cry:

Playa De Oro has security Guards. Just don't walk unlit streets at night and you'll be fine. Lock your car when you're not in it and your dogs will take care of your RV.

Have a great time, I won't be there this weekend as I was there 2 weeks ago and got enough heat to last me a while! :lol: Let me know next time you go, perhaps we could meet for drinks.

Chari

joester

2 salty dawgs
I'd agree with Chari -
PDO has always felt pretty safe to us, but then again, we have never stayed anywhere
other than PDO or the Mirador next door (when it was trailers and the 4 beachfront units).
The security at PDO are pretty decent folks - I had gone to bed one night, and my wife was sitting on the breakwall shooting the breeze with one of the security guys for an hour or so,
she said she felt comfortable being there - knowing security was there.
Also, she mentioned without his company, she would have come back sooner.
I would suggest not roaming the beaches alone at night most places.