Need info for emergency help.........

Heading to RP – PDO on Monday for three weeks.
My question is:

I have an AT&T cell phone with Mexico coverage.
If there is an emergency during the night or day for that matter, is
there a number like our 911 to call for help or an ambulance?
If so, how would I dial it from my AT&T phone?

We had an emergency few weeks back (TIA stroke) and the doctor gave
him the ok for the trip but I want to be prepared for anything that may
occur.

Thanks for the help.

Cathy
:sunny:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
066 is the emergency number, I believe. It's what I've seen posted along the highways. Once your phone switches over to Mexican service, it should be a direct dial. But, I've never tried it, so I don't know who exactly you get connected to or if they speak English.

Based on the info Playaperro posted, the 066 number gets you to the police station. If that's the case, it is highly unlikely that you'll get someone who speaks English....from my experience at the police station....

If anyone has more recent info on English speaking police being available....speak up!!

Last edited:
In terms of deailing with your AT&T phone ( I have one), just dial the numbers shown in the link provided in another post. If you're calling from a landline, then you may have other prefixes that you have to dial, depending on if you're calling a landline or cellphone, but from a cellphone, it should be just the number.

Heading to RP – PDO on Monday for three weeks.
My question is:

I have an AT&T cell phone with Mexico coverage.
If there is an emergency during the night or day for that matter, is
there a number like our 911 to call for help or an ambulance?
If so, how would I dial it from my AT&T phone?

We had an emergency few weeks back (TIA stroke) and the doctor gave
him the ok for the trip but I want to be prepared for anything that may
occur.

Thanks for the help.

Cathy
:sunny:
Cathy for medical emergencies you're best bet is to go directly to the San Jose Clinic... if you go to the Red Cross they will just take you there and this way you can cut out a waste of valuable time...

I have recomended them and accompainied two people that I know, who while visiting Rocky Point had an emergency, and the care they received was very compitent and professional...

one of these emergencies required an anbulance to the boarder and everything went very smoothly... and my friend is recovering well...

now about english speaking personal at the Cop Shop... I just got nabbed for expired tags on the Beast and there were people that spoke english very well....

Cathy for medical emergencies you're best bet is to go directly to the San Jose Clinic... if you go to the Red Cross they will just take you there and this way you can cut out a waste of valuable time...

I have recomended them and accompainied two people that I know, who while visiting Rocky Point had an emergency, and the care they received was very compitent and professional...

one of these emergencies required an anbulance to the boarder and everything went very smoothly... and my friend is recovering well...

now about english speaking personal at the Cop Shop... I just got nabbed for expired tags on the Beast and there were people that spoke english very well....
I guess that's good to hear (the english speaking part)....but are they the ones who man the 066 phone line? The last times I was at the police station (over a year ago), it involved an auto accident, and we had a hell of a time to find anyone who even spoke a bit of english.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Let's don't forget Rosie's new Visitor and Tourism Office 638-388-8272 and
Cell 638-112-0134
For visitors to Rocky Point there will now be free 24-hour assistance in the event of an emergency. Within half an hour of receiving a call, a bilingual volunteer will come out to assist with whatever we can to make the process less confusing and hopefully less frustrating for visitors.

Let's don't forget Rosie's new Visitor and Tourism Office 638-388-8272 and
Cell 638-112-0134
For visitors to Rocky Point there will now be free 24-hour assistance in the event of an emergency. Within half an hour of receiving a call, a bilingual volunteer will come out to assist with whatever we can to make the process less confusing and hopefully less frustrating for visitors.
Will this 24 hour assistance be from Rosie's new office?

Roberto

If you are at PDO you could go find the security guard to help make the call. I'd bet he even has his own cell phone.

playaperro

El Pirata
Based on the info Playaperro posted, the 066 number gets you to the police station. If that's the case, it is highly unlikely that you'll get someone who speaks English....from my experience at the police station....

If anyone has more recent info on English speaking police being available....speak up!!
Rockypointjoe when you dial the 066 from your phone just tell them"Besa Mi Culo" tell them where you are and they will come right away.:p

Thank you all for your help!

Seadweller:
Where is the San Jose Clinic located?
I believe the Red Cross is on Fremont, is that correct?

Cathy

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Will this 24 hour assistance be from Rosie's new office?
Sorry for the delay in answering RPJ.

The Tourism & Visitor Assistance office (Rosie Glover’s). There is a link to it on the Rocky Point News Online website.

Visitor Assistance
The TVA is supported by member dues. The office and electricity have been donated by Manny Sanchez Sr. and all staff members are volunteers. Members have helped furnish and equip the office and they are offering the public 24-hour emergency bilingual assistance.

What kind of situation constitutes an emergency? Any visitors to Penasco who find themselves needing bilingual assistance, regardless the hour, is invited to call our office. After-hours calls will be forwarded to bilingual individuals who will do what they can to help. No money will be charged or accepted for this service.

24-hr emergency numbers: 602.512.1601 or 638.388.8207

Jim

San Jose Clinic is on the main blvd. on the East side of the road. It always has ambulances parked out front. I've been there and they have been great.

San Jose Clinic is on the main blvd. on the East side of the road. It always has ambulances parked out front. I've been there and they have been great.
Cathy.... :roll: I agree with what Jims says... :roll: Thanks Jim... ;)